It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That's a good question.

I believe I had a top secret clearance for a brief period of time.

I do believe it was cancelled abruptly, but I don't know for sure nor do I know how to check for that.

It is my understanding though in most cases that you keep your clearance when you leave in most cases.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Didn’t he have allegations of err...hot tub and ribs misadventures with lonely house wives at conventions or something?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

As much as I appreciate the sentiment WT as I am sure the others do, its not really about being right or vindicated, I certainly haven't had a "haha I was right nurnur" moment, I just want to retain a state of critical thinking and come to a conclusion based on what's been presented.

I understand I am also not really into we told you so. But a little is in order, sometimes.

My interest is to the truth and compassion for the people duped by these ongoing schemes of these sinister assholes. Who are sincere but lack the information we have here.

My words you're responding to are actually in response to the Steve Basset change of mind, and the fact that we here did predict this farce, based on knowledge of the past shenanigans of these disinformation schemes within historical ufology, have we here predicted this, and NOT out of some malice towards the people inside TTSA or their followers.

Many ufologists who accept TTSA ought to know better.

edit on 10-7-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox
I believe clearances stay with you for 2 years until they have to be renewed(if they weren’t canceled like yours). This is to help if someone wants/needs to get back into govt service or a contractor job and the govt doesn’t have to deal with the expenses of renewing your clearance.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Thanks for the info, I was interested in the ratings.

I guess 29th isn't bad, but what do I know about TV ratings. According to this, the money is in the NBA and ESPN.

Maybe we'll see some Hybrid NBA stars soon!

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1ofthe9

Didn’t he have allegations of err...hot tub and ribs misadventures with lonely house wives at conventions or something?

What's wrong with that? Honest question.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublant

Who was in a hot tub? Dolan?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Ever since he got involved with his new wife i've noticed a straying towards the fringes. I am sure there are benefits to his marriage beyond what we see in public so don't doubt their devotion to each other.

I've noticed that too, though I don't know which came first or if the two things are related at all.

That being said I still hold Dolan in high regard and I absolutely hate the way "ufology" always eats it's children. No matter what you've ever done, sacrificed and how pure your interest in the subject matter, sooner or later a growing number of fellow travellers are gonna turn on you. And when they do, it's all out war and character assassination. (Not accusing you, just a general observation)

No wonder most people give this subject a wide berth.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

I have absolutely no idea, but hot tubs, ribs and house wives don't sound bad at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I thought Dolan cheated on his wife and went and married the new one?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I thought Dolan cheated on his wife and went and married the new one?

Like I said, I don't know and I don't care.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Most people give the subject a wide berth due to stigma and fear of looking stupid to other people. Try it, mention UFOs to someone you work with and see what their reaction is?

UFOlogy eating its own children? I have to agree with this to a point, it certainly does seem to happen but you also have to examine who is doing the eating and who is being eaten!

Credibility is an interesting subject within UFOlogy, just because someone has been seen as credible for a long period of time doesn't necessarily mean they have the right to go unchallenged if their perspectives, opinions alter drastically and appear to be going in a certain direction. Bill Moore anyone? He was highly respected until he confessed to the shenanigans going on.

If someone like Richard Dolan wants to change his opinion; its his to change, as is mine. The difference is the responsibility that some within ufology have that have a large audience that hangs on the words they say and takes them as truth/gospel with no further investigation. When you make a living off this subject, you should have a duty of care in relation to what you say to those that "buy" your message.

Credibility is something that you have to keep making deposits of into the "Trust Bank" and living off past investments just doesn't fly in this subject. When some people make a U-Turn or alter an opinion drastically compared to previously, we are allowed to ask the questions and gain understanding of why.

I personally like Dolans early work on the national security states volumes, his later work not so much, it's just an opinion.

Personal lives and hot-tubs.....who cares...
edit on p53728192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'm not getting involved with tittle tattle. Other than to say that Dolan's new missus seems to have used their marriage as a stepping stone to promote her own brand out there. He's also embraced some of her unconventional ideas. Hence the earlier John and Yoko comment.

Somewhere along the way Dolan started talking about Secret Space Programs and Breakaway Civilizations and has since then put out even more esoteric theories since he remarried. Maybe he feels its necessary to stay fresh and relevant? I don't know.

What seems to happen to so many people in the field is that they start off with some solid well researched material. Their elevation in the field is dramatic. Then they hit a brick wall where they cannot get any further with the topic. Some leave it there and walk away. Others head down a path where their objectivity is compromised by the need to continue producing new stories and new theories for their ever eager audiences. This often means their output becomes far less robust. Dolan is still one of the more accomplished speakers in the field. But I am not sure he's been heading in the right direction for a while.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
All ufology is, is an opinion by definition.

There appears to be little foundation of evidence and data to build on. When evidence and data are presented there are always issues, TTSA is a prime example of this. There is always something questionable.

The "best" cases to support ufology are built on sand and convoluted stories and anything of value is lost.

There are no ground rules, no charter, no agreement, if there are no rules to start with, why do we expect anything less than chaos?

I would say ufology, the believers, the skeptics and those that simply observe the subject make much better candidates for investigation and observation than the cases presented to support it.

It's a perfect testing ground to analyse human behavior and why and what people will believe. Hell, maybe thats one of a few reasons so many neuro-scientists are interested in the subject?

edit on p01807192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on p02849192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I'm not getting involved with tittle tattle. Other than to say that Dolan's new missus seems to have used their marriage as a stepping stone to promote her own brand out there. He's also embraced some of her unconventional ideas. Hence the earlier John and Yoko comment. 

But you have got involved in the tittle-
tattle.

But I am not sure he's been heading in the right direction for a while.

Me neither. But the show shall continue.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Back to "slapping each-other on the back" -;

@tomdelonge has changed not just America - but the entire world - but if it wasn’t for the rest of us - pushing for disclosure - it wouldn’t have happened

I won't give the person credit as to "who" but this sort of statement from some of the pro-ttsa crowd is indeed, well hilarious.

This is what I believe is the difference between having a critical mind and asking questions to blind belief in something because you want and need for it to be real. The "division" within ufology that many have commented on, well this kind of statement is what we are up against. Not a "division" but a marketing campaign pushing an ideology NOT the truth. The division is in my opinion one that has been engineered purposely as I have speculated before.

When the cord is cut and the teet of TTSA runs dry; which isn't far away (musing)
and individuals such as this have served their purpose, I wonder what they will do?

edit on p41827192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublant

I have absolutely no idea, but hot tubs, ribs and house wives don't sound bad at all.

Everyone knows it’s an either or: ribs or women? Can’t have both — I’m calling bollocks on this allegation — because everyone knows ribs give you “itis”.

Good luck macking on house wives with a case of the mud-butt....all you ever needed to know anout ribs.

On a lighter note, it seems to be the consensus that Dolan has missed his mark of late, and I agree, but have no idea why other than the what MM posited: he ran out of credible material and became a ‘star’ and was in demand for more material...ergo, he seemingly has went the way of Cameron and completely jumped the shark. Tsk-tsk.

And you’re all welcome for the ribs PSA —never know when you will find yourself soaking in chlorine with middle-aged housewives and ribs in a bucket on deck, amirite?!

“Ribs in a bucket” FTW.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

What?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Richard Dolan, as far as I’ve seen and heard him is a very secular non woo or non-religious guy. Doesn’t want to hear any UFO-related spookery. Maybe he’s changed.

His book AD was pretty bad, filled with just random speculation. I understand his other books about UFOs and security state are good.

On TTSA, he’s keeping a middle ground, understandable. Dolan is such a big name in ufology that’s the sensible thing to do for such a mainstream UFO guy. Don't make enemies and you'll get invited to UFO cruises.

I think TTSA should sponsor a cruise to nowhere.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think TTSA should sponsor a cruise to nowhere.

That made me grin.

new topics

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join