It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NewArcadian

I can see how some might be Putoff (ha ha) by Dr. Pasulka's treatment in these threads. I myself commented how I thought some posts about her age and appearance were a little over the top.

However while I really enjoyed the book, I understand the skepticism about her role and her connection to this planned disclosure roll out. Since the publication of the book, her appearances on radio shows and podcasts have slowly revealed much more pronounced ties to some of the behind the scenes players spotlighted in this thread. I was really taken aback by this. I no longer see her as a completely objective academic observer of UFO culture but rather someone who seems to be pretty close to a true believer. She really seems to buy into this stuff now. On one program she even claimed to have gone full Rosicrucian on us.

The recent kerfuffle where Whitley Streiber's interview with her had to be scrapped because it may have involved the dissemination of classified information does not pass the smell test. This could be just Whitley playing games again or it could point to Pasulka not being exactly who she pretends to be. Disappointing.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

I'd suggest the following.

- Dr Pasulka was introduced by Jeff Kripal to this topic
- He took her to a UFO event at Eselan
- Vallee got back into material ufology more than he had done in 3 decades after discovering the classified Sierra 1 and 2 debris sites
- Dr Pasulka and who I assume is Dr Nolan, were taken by "Tyler" to a crash site in New Mexico that is not "Roswell" but also according to Tyler matches the rough geography of X Files series 10 episode 1, Roswell Crash. Could it be that "not Roswell" means not the ranch or Corona site, but a third site associated?
- What are the chances that Sierra 1 & 2 are classified and also that Tylers crash site in NM is classified?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewArcadian
a reply to: pigsy2400

Am gonna guess that you don't think too highly of Pasulka either after reading this earlier : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fair enough though, I'm not out to try and crusade on her behalf, I'd just get accused of being a Pasulka troll or something anyway with this account being new! I do find it odd though because after reading her book I didn't have any big issues with it.

Well firstly, if your not a troll, then apologies. We do get all manner of people come on here and cause all manner of issues, that oddly followed the same patterns that you did at first. So if your first experience after a long holiday from ATS seemed hostile, apologies. Your first foray back in does fit the profile and patterns of some of the nuisances we have had in the last 18 months or so.

We do take this topic seriously but then also have fun as well, being too serious about this subject sometimes isn't healthy and there are quite a few other Brits on here and sometimes that sense of humor doesn't translate over the pond, neither are we guarded like we own the subject either. An opposing perspective and opinion is healthy, it can lead to more learning overall by everyone even if people just agree to disagree as long as its done in the right way.

I did find it interesting that someone with Pasulkas background came into this field thats for sure, the issue being that once you have been around the block a few times, the same old faces and names appear and latch onto anything new that comes into the field.

Someone previously mentioned the smell test in relation to the "Whitley Interview" which is nonsense if you know anything about distributing or sharing classified information, quite simply if it were true, people would be in jail.

I look forward to what you bring to the table and having a chuckle along the way...

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome all and will reply to other stuff I missed later instead of trying to do it all at once.

originally posted by: Outrageo

Welcome... your contributions are appreciated!

Keep your eyes, ears, and mind open...

(...and your shields up!)

Thanks, and will try to!

originally posted by: Willtell

MS Pasulka is alright, I’m reading her book now, not bad. The beginning was the best part.

She goes into a little too much standard fair about psycho stuff that to all of us old-timers is old hat. The book also lacks focus IMO.

She a little wet behind the ears but is a smart and fast learner obviously.

originally posted by: pigsy2400

I have read the book and it was "ok" - there were quite large parts that didnt need to be in there to be honest.

What parts did you like the most / dislike the most?

Can understand people having issues with the book and I thought it seemed a bit random at times too I guess. Looking forward to the straight jacket arriving in the post too! (from the other post I didn't quote to save space.) Two things I liked are the idea that a group of scientists are actually focusing on this subject even if they are staying out of the public eye, and secondly how Pasulka seems to remain skeptical of the whole thing so often even though the book can go into wild territory at times. I like that she seems to be influenced by Vallee and that she in turn seems to interpret a fair amount of the things going on by trying to see it as part of a bigger framework, that in many areas might be about nothing more than flat out manipulating people to bring about a desired social result.

It seems a lot more refreshing than some others who could write about these subjects and get full on sucked into believing aliens are here and talking about breakaway civilisations and what the various et's are planning on doing, why the government are covering everything up whilst making deals with some of the et's, etc, etc. All with nowhere near enough evidence to be making such claims, which I think seems to happen more often now and is a real circus aspect of the whole field. I just hope she doesn't get manipulated too much and turn into someone that ends up getting caught up in all of that.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I didn't get why your first post is to wade in and talk about someone from the backseat of the metaphorical TTSA bus?
It's not like any of us really have anything against Diana and she rarely gets a mention in this thread. You will also need to engage your sense of humour at times. Sometimes we are not being serious.

If you like Diana's book that's fine.

But it's the events that surround the publishing of the book that are of more interest. Someone is obviously pulling her strings and it is intrinsically all linked with the "groups" who mess around with ufology in America.

Yeah sorry if it seems I was wading in, maybe with the book being the first I've read on the subject in years I got a bit defensive after liking it and thought she was being treated a bit harshly (or that she soon would be). And thanks for the last bit about her strings being pulled and how it's linked with other groups. It at least helps me understand why you're skeptical of her and will try to read around further and learn more.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Some of the reference and research material that Pasulka used in the "research" period for her book was more than likely from the "International UFO Reporter" archives from 1993 - 2003 which was published in print back in the day by the Chicago-based Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS) which was founded by a certain Professor J. Allen Hynek.

The connections with Hynek and Vallee are known/unknown depending on how deep under the surface you go and look. The fact that Vallee is there at the start of the book with her being driven around Silicon Valley is interesting considering her choice of research...

The following quote is also of note considering who she was hanging around with;

"About a month ago I was privileged to attend a small gathering of writers, scholars and thinkers–some from academia, others from outside it–loosely structured around the theme of UFOs. Professors Jeffrey Kripal and Diana Pasulka, two religious-studies scholars doing groundbreaking work on UFOs (and many other things) were the moving spirits behind it. There were about 15 of us."

-;David Halperin - October 2015

I didn't think many people would know some of these details, so just thought I would throw them out there for the #BonusRound
edit on p061215192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: coursecatalog

...She really seems to buy into this stuff now. On one program she even claimed to have gone full Rosicrucian on us.

The recent kerfuffle where Whitley Streiber's interview with her had to be scrapped because it may have involved the dissemination of classified information does not pass the smell test. This could be just Whitley playing games again or it could point to Pasulka not being exactly who she pretends to be. Disappointing.

Pasulka certainly seems to have assimilated into the Borg rather quickly. And we know some of the history of her "guides" in this matter---she's not the first person taken on the magick carpet ride. Chapel Perilous so to speak.

I think the evidence that our cast of characters--for the most part--are true believers is pretty solid. If so that presents somewhat of a seeming dichotomy if--as I do--one believes that the hand of the IC is involved in TTSA/Team Bigelow and their mission. Whether Pasulka is a recent convert or on the other hand injected into this mission the result is some perfect timing for the TTSA boys and the media-enhanced coverage. Society is being sold something and it's not just stock in TTSA.

If both of those things are true--true believers with an official mission--is where it gets extremely interesting for me and, as such, would seem to narrow the field of options as to what their "mission" is.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Check out Roger Glassel's Twitter. He's got correspondence that seems to rule out the government releasing any of these TTSA videos. I suspect he has more than he's saying.

The sad thing to see is that the pro TTSA social media people are being rather rude and arrogant, claiming Glassel to be wrong. Of course, they were happy to take on face value his investigations that bolstered the events themselves.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The thing about Ms. Pasulka the book seems to indicate she’s been enchanted by the new scientist UFOlogists (Joe Firmage types) and their downloads from outer space. Obviously, she was talking to our friend Grant Cameron.
That’s fine no problem with that and that’s the new religion she should be studying—the new kind of power ufologists who is supposed to be some super contactee to bring us this super technology.

She may not know it but these characters were likely created from the old mythology( or spy op) over the space kids, those chosen ones surrounding Whitney Strieber and Jack Saffarti. The guys who were getting phone calls from outer space.

It all may reach back to the granddaddy of all of this-- Puharich and the NINE.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Sounds like the guys I ran into alright.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

...He took her to a UFO event at Eselan

The Esalen aspect is very interesting and not keyed on by many researchers.
And among those few that do see it as part of the puzzle one aspect seems to slip through the cracks. That aspect being the part Esalen plays in the philosophy and network of the push for "globalism."

A born contemplative and a multi-talented, Renaissance man-like figure, Murphy was focused at the time on writing fiction, loaded with the same ideas that Esalen was exploring. In his 1982 book, An End to Ordinary History, for instance, a small group of researchers pursue psychic possibilities to the Soviet Union, while being closely watched by the CIA and KGB.

When asked how much of the book was based in reality, Murphy says, “All of it!”

The clandestine experiments of the Cold War era seem like jokes now, but in the 1970s both the U.S. and Soviet governments were dead serious about remote viewing, psychokinesis, and other tools of psychic warfare. “To use a metaphor from Star Wars, that was the Dark Side of the force,” says Murphy. “They were trying to develop this technology of the paranormal, clairvoyance, and psychokinesis. Nobody knows the exact figures, but certainly America put $100 million into this. And we knew all the central players.” The experiences of remote viewing—using psychic powers to gather intelligence from afar—that appear in Murphy’s novel came directly from the Stanford Research Institute’s government-sponsored studies; parapsychologist Russell Targ, who ran the remote viewing project, had passed Murphy the protocols.

How a Famed New Age Retreat Center Helped End the Cold War

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It all may reach back to the granddaddy of all of this-- Puharich and the NINE.

Which--synchronistically enough--brings us back to Esalen.

The Council of Nine

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

"Whatever the Nine are playing, and whatever is playing the Nine, it's been a long game". ..........

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I''ve read that the real secrets Ira discovered from his network or access to PRNet, was the belief in the nine. Conversely, it seems he told Stafford Beer that a probe had provided technology from another world. By the time he is caught in France, he's gone full Phillip Corso.

Of course, I'm not sure anything he says should have any value placed on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

A hidden time travel cult. And Mr Spock. Although I can't make head nor tail of it.
edit on 15-3-2019 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Most roads lead to Big Sur..... All of the key players certainly do.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Which--synchronistically enough--brings us back to Esalen

Absolutely. Somebody needs to write about this
The only book (out of England NOT the US) that delves into all of this: Religion/UFOs /Magic/new-age/Intel-Community/Esalen-SRI.... is The STARGATE CONSPIRACY.www.amazon.com...

Though we need an upgrade since that was written in the 90’s. Levenda went into it somewhat in Sinister Forces.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

It all seems like The Church of Woo has IC backing. If that is true what might the reason be?
edit on 15-3-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Remember the NINE started way back to the ’50s. Then the 60’s started the UFO ( big head/ 4 foot) alien paradigm beginning of course with the Betty and Barney incident in 61.

Let’s face it they started this in the LATE 40’S AND EARLY 50’s after project Sign/Grudge and then the Robertson panel in I think 53 which recommended a controlled PSYCHOLOGICAL operation.

The NINE started in 1952 probably under an Army intel group. Puharich was in the Army and later went over to the CIA.

They did an upgrade to the UFO psyop in the late ’80s which even Vallee recognizes.
Probably the brainchild of all that past sinister work is the one and only…
TTSA

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join