It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: 1point92AU

"You could argue over semantics all day"

Except we aren't arguing semantics. You guys keep trying to deflect from your lost argument.

What a video game programmer looks at all day:

What a fighter jet pilot looks at all day:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

So what do you think it is?

Something other than a fighter jet. Your guess outside of another fighter jet is as good as mine.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guest101

originally posted by: 1point92AU
People continually miss the simple fact that if the rotation of the object was being caused by the rotating gimbal then the entire background (clouds) would have to EQUALLY rotate the same number of degrees.

No, that is not correct.
You can do the experiment yourself: Point your phone camera to a bright light source, bright enough to cause glare.
Now rotate your phone. You’ll see that the scene does not rotate with it (the world stays where it is), but the glare

Ummm....did you bother to view your video once you saved it? The entire image (background especially) will rotate according to how much you rotated during filming. You just completely proved my point.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'm not arguing that was my point, one guy says UFO and the other guy says he can't identify what it is.
The guy who says he can't identify wins on my account because it is unidentified but it may not be an object and it may not be flying.

Ultimately.. who cares.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Jed Doorbell claimed he has seen "longer videos" as have others in "Ufology" -"its not on the internet, but in private hands" Apparently...51 mins in;
a reply to: pigsy2400

Thanks Pigsy I was not aware of this.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

No hype for tonight's final episode of your favorite reality show?

Not even the Trump/Tucker Carlson interview?

What's going on here? Did you burn yourself out?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hehe.

Yes, I read it.

And just to clarify, I'm not posing questions because I think you have all the answers, but because I want us all to ask these kind of questions.

It is important to question things you are being told as factual, even by the Intelligence Community and the political leadership.

For instance, a question that should have been asked not even a decade ago, would be: What intelligence do the US really have to show Iraq has weapons of mass destruction? And how is the threat from Iraq to US citizens plausible?

It is pretty certain that there are some interests at work here, but it is far from certain that it is our collective best interest that is front and center.
edit on 5-7-2019 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

I'm not arguing that was my point, one guy says UFO and the other guy says he can't identify what it is.
The guy who says he can't identify wins on my account because it is unidentified but it may not be an object and it may not be flying.

Ultimately.. who cares.

How many accounts are you logged in under right now?

You're Guest 101 and ManyMasks.

As Guest101 you are wrong in your assertion if I take my phone camera and film a flare that the flare will rotate while the background remains static.

As ManyMasks you are wrong about "arguing semantics" as my post was crystal clear and not open to interpretation.

At least your primary user name (ManyMasks) checks out.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

It is important to question things you are being told as factual, even by the Intelligence Community and the political leadership.

This is a point of contention I've posted across multiple threads.

Why has the US government in the past 2 years allowed the mainstream media to report on this topic (UAPs) during prime time viewing hours on every major mainstream media outlet? Why are there former high level government officials affiliated with TTSA? Why has the DoD allowed the release of the 3 primary videos which have spurred this renewed topic? Why did the US government make public announcements regarding new UAP identification process and procedures for military personnel? Why did the US government file a public patent for what essentially equates to the TR3B? They could have filed this patent and kept it secret under the Invention Secrecy Act.

These are the bigger questions I would prefer answers too. The other stuff is just fun to debate but is of no importance in the grand scheme of "what's really going on".

There is a narrative being pushed by the US government right now regarding UFOs.

What it is...I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guest101

People continually miss the simple fact that if the rotation of the object was being caused by the rotating gimbal then the entire background (clouds) would have to EQUALLY rotate the same number of degrees.

No, that is not correct.
You can do the experiment yourself: Point your phone camera to a bright light source, bright enough to cause glare.
Now rotate your phone. You’ll see that the scene does not rotate with it (the world stays where it is), but the glare

Ummm....did you bother to view your video once you saved it? The entire image (background especially) will rotate according to how much you rotated during filming.

Not if you use a second camera behind your phone which is actually doing the recording.

Your rotating phone is supposed to mimic the optics in the gimbal, not the ATFLIR display recording.
In between the gimbal optics and the display, additional optical elements correct for image rotations and shifts caused by the gimbal movement to present a stable image on the ATFLIR display. That is why you do not see the image itself moving or rotating – these movements are all compensated. Since the glare rotates relative to the image, this is the only rotation you see.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

To tell you the truth I looked at the video game programmer’s version of a Fighter jet someone he knows MIMICKED THE Tic tac video to look just like the tic tac video in order to prove that the tic tac video is a fighter jet. The video he showed looked nothing like a fighter jet and also looked nothing like the tic tac video. The TIC tac video looked more authentic.

So sure, he isn’t necessarily correct but I don’t accept your premise a “video game programmer” can’t have an intelligent opinion. You should judge his opinion on its own merits whether he’s a janitor, nuclear physicist, or fighter pilot, as long as his argument has an intelligent proposition and presentation.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm guest 101?

Lol

I'm not! Just one account, my name MM made you assume I had other accounts, when it is to do with my interest in psychology, you're very suggestible.

Have you ever admitted you are wrong btw?

....like ever.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Dear 1point92AU,
No point in arguing with them let's all be patient. Senators received classified briefings on the videos.... It should be obvious to everyone that the videos are not of balloons, glare, etc. But its good to have open discussion. There is clearly more to the vids. as noted below. Until the rest is release. Its good to have open discussion.
This quote is from the highly esteemed Richard Hoffman the Scientific Coalition for UAP Studies (SCU).

link

But why is TTSA making false statements about the stuff that did come out?

At 1:14, the object suddenly and instantaneously accelerates to the left, out of view of the sensor at what appears to be unprecedented velocity without a sonic boom or other associated tell-tale signatures of a conventional craft.

The statement above about the FLIR1 video has been irrefutibly proven to be false. Yet it is still on their website.

The same is true for this statement about GoFast:

The unidentified vehicle appears as a white oval shape moving at high speed from top right to lower left of the screen flying very low over the water.

They clearly want us to believe, and don't hesitate to persuade us with false statements about the videos they use as evidence. They also frame the phenomenon as a threat and don't seem to care a lot where this threat actually comes from.
I does not take many brain cells to figure out what they're after... Hopefully the senators they brief have more brain cells than that.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You are taking the uninformed opinion of a video game developer who has never spent a single minute inside the cockpit of a fighter jet and has never had a single sighting of another fighter jet from inside the cockpit of a fighter jet

versus

The opinion of an 18 year actual fighter jet pilot who has logged over 3,000 hours in the cockpit of a fighter jet and seen countless other fighter jets from the cockpit of his own fighter jet.

And someone who has had training in the use and interpretitation of the electro-optical and infrared sensors.

Something I don't think Mick West has.

I don't particularly like Fravor, but he is an expert on these matters and he experienced the tic-tac first hand.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Ha actually my reviews of the season for Unidentified is in......C+/ B-

Your second point I am not allowed to comment on ...

I think everyone needs to calm down. After tonight between the last episode of unidentified and the Tucker interview we will have a better idea as to what the future of disclosure holds.
edit on 5-7-2019 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

They clearly want us to believe, and don't hesitate to persuade us with false statements about the videos they use as evidence. They also frame the phenomenon as a threat and don't seem to care a lot where this threat actually comes from.

I am not going to disagree with this statement.....
I think the quote by Hoffman from SCU is valid.
Lets wait and see....

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You are not allowed you say.

Eyes rolling again.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublant
I don't particularly like Fravor, but he is an expert on these matters and he experienced the tic-tac first hand.

Why don't you like him?

I don't DIS-like him, but I sure as hell don't trust him. He may simply be enjoying his retirement in an entertaining way as TTSA's Star Witness. Just as Jim Penniston is having a grand old time with time travelers and binary codes. No law against it, so why shouldn't they fill their boots and wallets? Remember the long-retired military goons who lied (and proven so) through their aged TEETH about recovered alien bodies once the Roswell nonsense was in full-flow again during the 80s/90s?

Talking of taking the word of military types...

The first 'UFO Jesus' video I have seen – a particularly strange guy with a strange delivery, too – almost as if he's waiting for certain words to enter his brain from the ether. AKA The Chris Walken Effect.

At first, I thought he was ready to lay into TTSA when he wondered why regular UFO incursions over military and nuclear facilities are not regularly featured in national news reports. Good question, sandal-boy. But he seems to skim over that point almost immediately.

Jesus also has some rather harsh gospel for any naysayers out there: if we doubt the Fact and Threat of UFOs near nuclear installations, how can we POSSIBLY question the word of the IC and Guys In Uniform who witness UFOs, compared to all those lowly blue-collar workers? Nice.

I switched off at that point, and waved goodbye as he trundled off into the distance on the Woo-Woo bus. Gawd Bless 'im and all who sail on his sacred TTSA Word.

edit on 5-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What a half assed Disclosure this is turning out to be. Everybody practically phoning it in.

In my day they put some real effort into these things, sonny.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I don’t accept your premise a “video game programmer” can’t have an intelligent opinion. You should judge his opinion on its own merits whether he’s a janitor, nuclear physicist, or fighter pilot, as long as his argument has an intelligent proposition and presentation.

You're cherry picking what I said and you're paraphrasing Plato who first made that same argument. I never said West couldn't have an intelligent opinion. West is claiming his assertions are fact and there can be no other explanation for gimbal and this is where he is wrong.

I'm not discounting West BECAUSE he's a video game programmer. I'm discounting West because his occupation lends zero credibility to make an assertion based on fighter jet aircraft identification.

Especially when compared to that of an actual 18 year 3,000+ hour fighter jet pilot who took one look at the gimbal video and in 2 seconds knew it was not another fighter jet.

But let's use your logic here and I will ask you and all the others who continue to overlook this piece of your logic.

Based on your logic if you want a video game developed and you had to choose between Fravor and West...who do you choose?

Are you (or any of the others) really going to try to argue that Fravor has just as much credibility and capability to develop a video game? And BTW...Fravor has never developed video games.

But if I use your logic then Fravor has just as much credibility about video game development and has just as much capability to develop a video game as West does.

Ok....LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join