It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is breaking in Hanoi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Not much info yet, but I had Fox on in the background and they interrupted with a report that the press conference has been moved up. That could be good news (Rocket Man is retiring his rockets), or bad (Kim has decided to end the talks).

Earlier today, he seemed to be pretty blunt. When asked if he was willing to accept denuclearization, he responded, "If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here." He seems to be someone who speaks his mind.

The crawl is saying it is a news conference with Trump after meeting with Kim. That part worries me; if it was good news, wouldn't both of them be giving the conference jointly?

Latest update: it is a solo news conference, verified.

TheRedneck

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

but I had Fox on in the background

Whelp. There's the problem right there.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

A quick setup is underway for the hastily moved-up press conference, says Steve Herman, the White House bureau chief for Voice of America news.

That press conference was meant to start at 3:50pm local time, but is now scheduled to begin at 2pm (in about 40 minutes).

TheRedneck

+58 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

but I had Fox on in the background

Whelp. There's the problem right there.

You must own stock in CNN Phage as that explains some of your postings and political leanings.

+46 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I used to keep CNN on in the background, but I was throwing too many things at the TV. New screens get expensive.

TheRedneck

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Could be worse. Could have been CNN/BBC/MSNBC!!

On the topic: Hopefully nothing too drastically bad but yeah definitely would have expected the usual joint press conference if it had gone swimmingly. I guess we'll soon find out.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I hope it's not another cringey video!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Supposedly he is open to an option of inspections again...?? Perhaps just a rumor. Whatever happens, we can thank our president for his efforts !!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Are the Vietnamese bringing in police expecting riots? That seems to be what Fox is alluding to...

Crap. "No agreement was reached at this time."

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Can't remember the last time I saw anything on CNN. But I don't know if my indexed fund has anything in it.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yes, he has done more than any President since the Korean War to foster peaceful relations.

I still prefer results, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Seems one of them balked at something. I wonder if it had anything to do with the smear campaign at the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, with their guest scumbag.

President Trump’s denuclearization summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un was being cut short Thursday and a planned signing ceremony was in doubt on the second day of talks.

A planned luncheon between the two leaders also was apparently scrapped. Instead, Mr. Trump’s motorcade was preparing to leave the hotel where the summit was taking place.

Mr. Trump had been lowering expectations for the second round of talks, cautioning the media that he was in “no rush” to get a comprehensive agreement as long as Mr. Kim continued to honor his pledge not to conduct any more missile tests.

The president repeated his cautions earlier Thursday, saying, “No matter what happens we’ll ultimately have a deal that’s really good for Chairman Kim and his country.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yes, he has done more than any President since the Korean War to foster peaceful relations.

By giving a Kim some sort of prestige on the world stage? Against the counsel of ... everybody?

edit on 2/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Read from the bottom upwards...

Jeff Mason - twitter

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

By giving a Kim some sort of prestige on the world stage? Against the counsel of ... everybody?

A dictator of a country dosn't gain prestige or validation by other countries attempting negotiations.

When there is declared a head of state (uncontested), that is where the negotiations must go.
Unless you have some insight on how to negotiate with NK without involving the Dictator?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Looks like the last hour has seen a drop in the KOSPI index... but then again it only works out to 1%.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Everybody? I think South Korea was in favor:

South Korea on Saturday welcomed a planned second summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, saying it hoped the meeting would be a “turning point” for peace on the Korean peninsula.

“We expect the planned North-US summit would be a turning point in establishing a permanent peace regimen on the Korean peninsula,” said Kim Eui-kyeom, South Korean President Moon Jae-in’s spokesman.

www.thehindubusinessline.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

A dictator of a country dosn't gain prestige or validation by other countries attempting negotiations.
He doesn't give a crap about other countries. (And when I say "he" I mean both of them.)

Unless you have some insight on how to negotiate with NK without involving the Dictator?
I'm not a diplomat or do I have access to the intelligence assets of the United States so I pay attention to those who do. Trump is not, and does not.

edit on 2/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You'd prefer we just give him cash to leave us alone? That's what almost every other President has done.

Or maybe you'd be happier with an armed invasion? Sorry, some of us are actually wanting peace.

Sheesh, SMH...

TheRedneck

<<   2  3  4 >>

join