It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collecting Fractional Gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I have recently been looking into inflation and how the dollar is worth less and less every year. Here is an article that I read. Regardless of the media outlet that reports on the issue, there is one thing for certain, it is getting worse. There may have been a thread on this article already but I would like to note that this thread does not specifically focus on this article. I just used it as a reference.

worth less

With that being said, I have made the decision to quit nicotine, mainly by vaping, completely and have been using the money to buy small bits of gold. I am in no way financially "well off", but I wanted to make a change in my life.

I have been thinking of a way to incentivize(for lack of a better term) myself to quit vaping and generally wish to build a small hedge against the ever inflating dollar. So I figured why not do both at once?

I have to admit that I have been slacking in the prepping category, not just basic necessities, but also trade and bartering basics as well. I am hoping that by purchasing small gold, such as gram bars and small rounds like the 1/10th gold eagle, will provide not only an awesome little hobby but also a means to store a little wealth over time that does not involve the FED Reserve note.

I know that smaller fractional gold comes with higher premiums and makes it difficult to have any short term investing victories, but I figure what the hell, I was smoking it all up in vapor anyways and I think I already am kind of addicted to the yellow stuff. I have had hobbies in the past that may have cost just as much without the possible future monetary gain or rewards.

So far I have a one gram bar and friday I am picking up my 2.5 gram bar. I am considering putting some money down on a 1/10 gold eagle. The local coin shop I frequent allows a no interest purchasing agreement, or layaway if you will. I choose to do business with them because they are local and If I need to I can resell the gold back to them for a better rate. Besides by the time you add shipping and small purchase premiums from the internet big guys, it is basically the same price anyways.

Here is a good little article on gold coins and bars.

coins and bars

Anyways just a little bit of info I wanted to share. It seems that in times of uncertainty, financial and political, people can either choose to try to do something to better themselves, no matter how small of an improvement, or they can choose to ignore the problem and hope it all ends up well.

Does anybody else collect small gold?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
buy silver as well it's VERY under valued, also if your into stock check out mining stocks when the interest rate goes back down they will ramp up production and go way way up in value

www.google.com... &ie=UTF-8

look at the price when the Fed was printing more money and look at it when it's raising rates hint hint buy now

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Thank you for the advice. I am going to check into mining stocks. I did forget to mention that I have a very small amount of silver also. I am known to pick up a silver eagle every now and then.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There is a lot of fake gold and silver out there, it would be prudent to find a trustworthy bonded dealer

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
There is a lot of fake gold and silver out there, it would be prudent to find a trustworthy bonded dealer

I am currently only doing business with the local shop. They are very knowledgeable and have been in the business for years.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
Let me say thank you for taking an action that helps to pull sovereign money out of the holds of the greedy international banking cartels. If you stick to a cash only spending style, you will also be fighting the fractional reserve system by refusing creating non-existent money for them (micro fees on electronic funds transfer) from the use of electronic payment methods.

You can typically get 20-50$ fractional gold quantities at your local flea markets. I gift my kids 1/3gram slivers from the Texas gold refinery supply that circulates in our flea markets for occasions. Or if they did great in school with some award or grade. I still have a few Istanbul gold refinery one gram slivers. I think they were $40 each when I bought them?? I would like to find some holy Land mint gram slivers, they had some nice designs.

Crdit Suisse is the #1 producer of bulk fractional gold I think. What I mean is like they can get you 25grams in a sheet of 25 Individual slivers, or 40, or 20 2grammers, 100 one gram sheets, etc..

Other mints do as well, but they seem to put more on the market I guess is what I am saying.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

I haven’t heard of silver being faked, but their are a lot of fake 1oz gold eagles and other gold coins that the Chinese knock off using gold plated tungsten. You are already doing the right thing buying fractional gold as those are usually not economically feasible for fakes.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I use Apmex.

Has everything you'd want.

Haven't been ripped off.

Vaping is way cheaper than real smoking.

Took some getting use to but I don't look back.

Best decision I've made in awhile.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Crdit Suisse is the #1 producer of bulk fractional gold I think. What I mean is like they can get you 25grams in a sheet of 25 Individual slivers, or 40, or 20 2grammers, 100 one gram sheets, etc.. 

I stop in and check to see what the local coin shop has on hand. I bought a 1 gram Sunshine mint bar and I am picking up my 2.5 PAMP Suisse bar tomorrow. A 25 gram piece or pieces is a little out of my league at the moment.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I use Ampex as well.

Mostly silver at the moment.
edit on 28-2-2019 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Be careful about mining stocks... mining is a volatile business, the margins can be tight and if energy prices go up, or metals prices go down (or stay down), or if a new mine doesn't come online when it is supposed to (is over budget, and past timelines), the entire business model is challenging to be profitable.

You are MUCH better off looking into streaming & royalty companies, who do not have the same overhead costs, and are more dynamic in the precious metals industry.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Gold can be mixed with other metals but it still looks like gold. 14 Karat still looks like gold.
Stick to the fractional coins from the US Mint. The quality and purity is guaranteed by the US gov and leave no doubt of what you are buying.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Mining stocks are not worth having unless you know something about a specific mining company that other's don't.
Miner's don't own the gold in the ground, they have a license from the government to mine gold and sell that mined gold. If you investing in a miner your money is only as secure as the business and the license which can change or be cancelled at anytime.

Silver is also not so great unless you know something about industrial metal demand that others don't. Central banks and wealthy people are not interested in silver for a very good reason.
fofoa.blogspot.com...

Small pieces of physical gold however are very useful for saving and having you wealth safe and for holding through non society destroying currency events.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Picked up my 2.5 gram PAMP bar.

I am really eyeballing a coin now. I might put some money down on a 1/10th gold eagle. He has some worn pre 33 coins also that I like. I need to do a little research on condition and value though.

edit on 2-3-2019 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I recently invested in a Minelab Equinox 800 metal detector and in the past month by going to the beaches once or twice a week here is So Cal., I have found a total of 41.3 grams of 10,14,18K gold rings and pendants. I recently purchased a scuba (hookah) gear and plan on doing underwater metal detecting.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

41.3 grams, wow

Sounds like a nice hobby that pays off.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Friday I picked up my first 1/10th oz. American Golden Eagle. I really want some more of these beauties. I would love to go to a bigger denomination, but they are a little pricey at the moment.

I'm just going to keep posting here and updating, even though I am probably wasting my time.

This makes just under a quarter troy ounce so far.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Picked up my 1/10th eagle today. Had a spot on it where someone had it in a clasp, saved some money.

Put some money on a slabbed MS 62 half eagle, pretty good price at the LCS.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Still chugging along and collecting gold.

I'm into some pre 33 gold pieces right now. Acquired two more pieces and picking up an old worn out gold peso piece tomorrow.

It's kind of addicting.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I recently came across some south early 20th century southAmerican and later 19th century German 1/4 ounce range at my primary supplier. Usually they mostly have north American, Chinese and European coin. If you ever get a sweet bonus at work one year, get yourself a Mexican mint Aztec 20 pesos I think it was. It's a hefty coin, about the size of the old Eisenhower dollar coins of 22k gold I believe. I sold one last year to pay for some car repairs and home improvements.

I'll get me another come tax refund. Always like to keep those babies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join