It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional Support Pit Bull Dog Allowed at Airport --- Oops

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
a reply to: queenofswords

I was bitten at 10 years old by a chow mix; had to go to hospital and have stitches. There are so many stories about pit bulls that have attacked spontaneously unprovoked that I have come to believe there is something inherently wrong with the breed. Sure there are exceptions to the rule; I would never own because they scare me- to be honest.

I do want to disclose that I have a chihuahua minpin mix(adopted from shelter), and have a miniature dachshund. I think I am their support human.

Strong Breeds require a strong owner. Its not that they are violent but if you are not the Alpha to them you have no control.

I am pretty alpha, just not when it comes to pit bulls. I am not willing to take on the financial responsibility that comes with the potential for unprovoked attacks from that breed.

Good god these pitbull comments are ignorant ........

Just about every stereotype that has been spread about pitbulls is a giant lie, made by ignorant people.....
Small dogs hurt more people every year than this breed.....

It might be wrong of me, but I immediately make a judgement on someones intellect when they make stupid remarks about pitbulls.......

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How many people have died from Dachshund attacks? Where's the common sense here?

Statistics don't lie, common sense would be to train and look after your pitbul, they are great dogs and are very protective of people, but like people if you don't treat them right they will become aggressive.

Pits were bred to fight other dogs and the reason they were bred was because they didn't attack their human masters when Breaking up the fights, they are very loyal.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This organization has a lot of helpful information and stats about the breed.
www.nationalpitbullvictimawareness.org...

Also, because pit bulls are bred for their fighting and killing ability, too many of the wrong kinds of people own them. Some of these people also abuse them terribly. Because they are relentlessly abused, PETA actually has advocated for not breeding any more pit bulls.

This thread was mainly about whether or not Emotional Support Animals, especially pit bulls, should be allowed on airplanes, restaurants, or other close-quarter public places, and the ease with which a ESA license can be acquired by people that really have no need, but simply want to be able to take their pet with them wherever they go.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

PETA actually has advocated for not breeding any more pit bulls.

PETA is an idiot organization who has more blood on its hands from animals than any other animal advocacy organization....

No one cares what PETA thinks

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I didn't know that. Idiot organization...got it.

I don't give to PETA, so I wasn't aware that they have so much blood on their hands. I did know that they euthanize a lot of strays and un-adoptable animals though.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I don't give to PETA, so I wasn't aware that they have so much blood on their hands. I did know that they euthanize a lot of strays and un-adoptable animals though.

No no i wasnt drawing that conclusion to you lol I was just saying............Yeah they are horrible

They recenty had basically the whole internet come after them when they chose to bash Steve Irwin last week on the anniversary of his death lol.......

They literally went after one of the most outspoken (and actively working in conservation) advocates to ever walk the earth......

People didnt like that lol

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Sh!t, I'm vegan and even I'm not a fan of PETA!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Any dog can bite. Pit Bull dogs are the most amazing, loving, loyal breed there is. Deny ignorance.

No offense against pitbulls but I'll take my Australian Shepherds any day of the week

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Any dog can bite. Pit Bull dogs are the most amazing, loving, loyal breed there is. Deny ignorance.

No offense against pitbulls but I'll take my Australian Shepherds any day of the week

Great dogs, my next pup will be a Kelpie...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
SMH

"It's not the breed, it's the OWNER!!"

OK then, own a Wolf or a Coyote, lets see how that works out for you.

I'm a dog person. Love em, have owned many. Will never own a Pit. Ever.

That being said, if you need an emotional support animal to travel, stay home. Or toughen up, and travel without it like the rest of us do.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You have to read the #s ..Shepard 238,.. Pit Bull 235..very close but the Shepard has a few more pounds bite force

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A lot of soldiers with PTSD have support dogs.
I don't have a problem with it.

Couldn't care less if a dog is in a resurant, as long as its not eating from my plate. Your more likley to get filthy germs from the kitchen, than the dog.

Just don't lick dogs.

Plenty of out door cafes allow dogs, I used to take my cat to the cafe some times.

Pit Bulls do freak me out. When I was a kid, a couple moved in down our street, they had three pit bulls and no fence. The yard was had about four mauled foot balls in it.

When we rode past on our bikes, the dogs would chase us, snapping at us. Going down hill, we'd put our feet up on the handle bars, and make sure we were going fast. Coming up the hill was heaps scarier, because we couldnt get the speed up to get past them. I can't remember how we managed.

Always had to worry that they would bite our horses, going past.

One day, I complained to the lady that owned them (her hubby was a cop). She told me not to worry, as the dog chasing us was probably the blind one.

Not much comfort to kids who just want to visit their friends.

As an adult, I was attacked by one. I had it's teeth in my upper arm. Luckily I was wearing a thick football jearsy, so that stopped the dogs tearing a peace out of me. I had to walk over to the fence and my boyfriend leaned over it and repeatedly punched the dog in the head, until it let go, and I jumped the fence.

The dog had been trained by a junkie to attack his girlfriend. (I was helping her move out).

The neighbours had built a cubby for their children that hung over the fence, if those kids had fallen out of the cubby, they would have been dog food.

The neighbor had it put down, after I spoke to them.

I've noticed its young children and old people that get attacked.

In dog packs, the dogs will kill the old and sick, makes sense that when raised in a human pack, they will kill / attack the oldies.

I wonder if children seem sick or otherwise threatening to invite attack.

We had a Great Dane. My baby brother tried to eat his dog food. He picked him up by the face and dropped him off the verandah. I found him in the dirt with blood trails all over his face. I think I screamed.

He had pucture wounds around his face.

The dog was never blamed. Mum put a stop to my step dad feeding the baby raw meat, and made sure that the baby couldn't get near the dogs food ever again.

I don't see how a pit bull can get a certificate to hang out in public, considering their record, there are better breeds for the job.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I just need my emotional support african bull elephant and my feels support crocodile.

aaaauhhh ---- be care ful sheeee-a bite.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

they are not a known unpredictable breed !

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Pitbulls were bred to be aggressive with out showing its aggressive state.

Other breeds bite, pitbulls maul, and were bred to do just that with out giving any warning signs before maulling, no growl, no hair braising, no tail ducking. Just maul with out warning.

A Pitbull mauling with out warning is as naturally innate to the breed as a Golden Retriever fetching a stick. It was bred to be that way for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Pitbull owners that do not acknowledge and respect that history of the breed are the bad pitbull owners no one likes.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The entire idea that you are such a fragile human being that you need a pet with you at all times is just stupid.

I agree. If we are ever invaded as a country these urban areas will fall and hand over control very quickly. I can see people with these support animals going into the ovens first followed closely by the SJW's.

The Pit in question should be put down and I am leaning toward the owner going with it..

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The pit bull that attacked me.

I heard my girlfriend call from the house, I thought she needed me to help carry something.

The dog had been quiet the whole time.
I went into the yard and I didn't take my eyes of it.

It watched me, wagging it's tail, looked pretty friendly and we'll behaved.

I got just beyond the half way point to the house when it came at me.
I turned toward the fence, to go back, that's when it launched and hooked into my shoulder.
I'm 5'10".
It hung on, I couldn't get the bastard off, so I kept going toward the fence. I'm lucky that most of its teeth were hooked into my jumper, not flesh, one tooth was dug into my arm. The jumper also stopped the dogs weight dropping down and taking flesh with it.

I'm very lucky the my BF way a young underground coal miner, very strong in the arms and chest, and he just kept punching it in the head, until it let go.

I jumped the bloody fence real quick.

The freakiest thing about the dog was that it allowed me in the yard, showed friendly tail wagging, before it attacked.

It didn't display aggression to us at the fence.

Don't know how you train a dog to do that.

There's no question in my mind that the dog deliberately welcomed me into the yard, to attack.

It was only after it attacked me that my girlfriend told me her boyfriend trained it to attack her on command. Girl was a bit of a halfwit, it was actually her dog.

Recently, in Canberra a woman was killed by her own dog. I think she had a bloke over, and the dog wasn't impressed. It had been mutilated by a man.

www.canberratimes.com.au...

edit on 1-3-2019 by TheLorax because: Correction

edit on 1-3-2019 by TheLorax because: Additional information

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLorax

Recently, in Canberra a woman was killed by her own dog. I think she had a bloke over, and the dog wasn't impressed. It had been mutilated by a man.

Was it a pit bull?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Article about service dogs and aggression.

serviceanimaledu.com...

The difference between service dogs and emotional support dogs.

robertdebry.com...

Rotty and pit bull attacks

www.animals24-7.org...

Pit bulls and politics

www.animals24-7.org...

Abuse of the disability act by pitbull pushers
Great article

www.animals24-7.org...

I was at the vets last week (Australia) and met a poodle who visits elderly people in nursing homes.

Every year, the dog is tested, or recertified to do this work. It has to show all the correct behaviors, such as taking food very gently from hands, to maintain it certification.

I also saw a little dog that had been torn apart by a larger dog, it had huge tubes hanging out of it.
The larger dog was on the leash, but was too big for the girl owner to control.

What the f*** is wrong with people, advocating for pitbulls on planes? No difference to Pedophiles in Politics I guess.

rootedinrights.org...

edit on 1-3-2019 by TheLorax because: Additional information

edit on 2-3-2019 by TheLorax because: Additional information

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Hey why not? I want a camel as "an emotional support animal." They should allow me to get in a plane with it too, otherwise they are infringing on my "emotional support right..." Wait, there is no such right in the U.S. Constitution... nvm. /sarcasm

Anyway, dangerous breeds and animals that cannot be controlled should always be secured so people/children don't get attacked.
edit on 2-3-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join