It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional Support Pit Bull Dog Allowed at Airport --- Oops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I have a support Tarantula, works the same!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: sine.nomine

yelled at me for fighting back.

This is one of the things I learned about them. Most dogs will release their grip when you fight back or hit or punch them. A pit doubles down when you do that. The more aggression YOU show, the more fierce they hold on. This is why their attack is more dangerous than the attack from other breeds.

Totally false. Their bite is no more dangerous than a Collie or Huskey or any other large breeds. Totally ignorant statement.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
Any dog can bite. Pit Bull dogs are the most amazing, loving, loyal breed there is... until they attack your child.
apart from that they're really nice.

With a pitbull they are no worse or better than any other breed. Dogs can and will bite depends on the owner as to if they learn not to.

But that being said Pitbulls also do more damage than other dogs. They were bred to kill and have a huge bite force. So being bit by a poodle is not the same as a pitbull taking g a chunk out of you. It's that bite force that makes the breed dangerous. And also the main reason they should not be roaming freely in society.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I don't want to start posting news clips of pit bull killings. There are many, but it stirs up arguments with those that think pits are the absolute best ever sweetest greatest smartest breed everrr.

But, last year I read about a little 2-yr. old that was killed by a pit bull pet. I'm going by memory of the article. The mother had just driven up into the driveway. I think she had been grocery shopping or something. She had taken the child out of her car seat and put her in the yard. Someone opened the front door of the house and the family pet, a pit bull, came bounding out of the house, attacked the child, and killed her. They could not get the dog off the child before the dog had killed him/her. The mom was screaming and pulling, but to no avail. (Can't remember if it was a boy or girl.)

Take your chances? 7 out of 10 times, your pit will be the absolute best ever sweetest greatest smartest dog you have ever seen.

edit on 27-2-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: dragonridr

I have a support Tarantula...

I always carry around my jar full of support Scorpions. It freaks people out, but I find they soothe my soul. Anyway they don't worry people as much as my support King Cobra does....
edit on 27-2-2019 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

as the owner of 2 working dogs i was totally agreeing with you till you played the racist card totally spoiled the narrative

I love my dog she is like a child to me. Discriminating based on her breed is no different than being biased against a person based on the color of their skin. I dont care if you feel different.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
www.mypetneedsthat.com...

Dogs with the strongest bite

Pit Bull is at the bottom of the list. German Shepereds are higher... not many people worried about them.
edit on 27-2-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I know a few people that think like this.

But, to me, it's like saying that if you make a choice NOT to walk through a gang-infested area of some inner city hell hole at midnight, you are nothing but a racist pig.

And....I don't care if you think differently.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I used to be afraid of people walking their support Pit Bulls in my neighborhood. But since getting my own support Wolverine, I find they give me a wide berth.
edit on 27-2-2019 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It is not necessarily the strength of the bite. It's that a pit bull will NOT turn lose when you scream, kick, punch, fight, pull, hit, etc. They double down till the prey is dead. That is in their breeding....period.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Do you have any source for that bit of information?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

One word..Honey Badger..actually two words

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

But, to me, it's like saying that if you make a choice NOT to walk through a gang-infested area of some inner city hell hole at midnight, you are nothing but a racist pig.

Uhh What?

That is the worst analogy I have ever heard.

I award you a zero for that comment. Next.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here is some pertinent data:

www.forbes.com...

"Over the years, studies into fatal interactions between canines and humans have proven fiercely controversial, given the myriad of circumstances behind different attacks. In the mid-1990s, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conducted a broad analysis of dog breeds involved in fatal attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1996. Over that period, the Pit Bull was identified as the breed/type of dog involved in 60 incidents, ahead of the Rottweiler in 29 and the German Shepherd in 19."

"
These days, dog attacks still regularly make news headlines and according to more recent research conducted by a national victims' group dedicated to increasing awareness of the problem, the breeds responsible have not changed too much. DogsBite.org's 13-year fatality report identified breeds of dogs involved in U.S. attacks between 2005 and 2017, as well as victim age groups, the number of dogs involved and whether the incidents resulted in any criminal charges.

The following infographic shows that the Pit Bull is still responsible for the most fatal attacks in the U.S. by far, killing 284 people over that 13-year period - 66 percent of total fatalities. That's despite the breed accounting for just 6.5% of the total U.S. dog population. The Rottweiler came second with 45 fatal attacks recorded while the German Shepherd was third with 20. Even some breeds that are not associated with aggression, such as the Labrador Retriever, also make the top-10 list with 9 fatal attacks documented."

More at link...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
Here is some pertinent data:

www.forbes.com...

",,, the Pit Bull is still responsible for the most fatal attacks in the U.S. by far, killing 284 people over that 13-year period - 66 percent of total fatalities. That's despite the breed accounting for just 6.5% of the total U.S. dog population.

But they're so sweet and affectionate!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yeah, German Shepherds are very protective. And I agree any animal can be vicious. I have a scar on my face to this day from a Brittany Spaniel... Stupid, stupid dog. Misread a hug from me when I was a child. Bit me right under my eye. It's wasn't his fault, he just thought I was attacking him.

This is why emotional support animals need to be thoroughly trained. And sufficiently restrained when necessary/appropriate.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

They can be..all this might of never happened if the dog was muzzled.
I used to walk my buds pit bull, really was a sweet dog..still never walked him without the muzzle.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

This is why emotional support animals need to be thoroughly trained. And sufficiently restrained when necessary/appropriate.

I fully agree!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
a reply to: queenofswords

Do you have any source for that bit of information?

Here's just one:

They are bred for “gameness” however and if you have ever had the horror of watching a Pit Bull attack, you already know that they do not let go of the victim. You can beat them with a iron pipe, a baseball bat, even if they are shot they will not release their grip on the subject. When they die they will release. Don’t blame them, they have been bred this way.
www.quora.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Was it a PTSD god trained in recognizing its owners PTSD? If not it sounds like total BS... Emotional Support... OK

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join