It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional Support Pit Bull Dog Allowed at Airport --- Oops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There is something wrong with people who seek out pit bulls as pets.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've known 2 people with pit bulls. Both of them were sweethearts. It's not the breed; it's the owners. This is coming from someone who's been randomly attacked by a pitbull. After which the owner came out and yelled at me for fighting back... Yeah, it's the damn owners. (I've also been attacked by a German Shepherd while walking by the owner's porch)

Also, I support the idea of emotional support animals. You don't have to take them everywhere, but they can be very beneficial to people. Especially people with trauma.

This is a sad story, and an exception to the rule. Condolences to the little girl.
edit on 27-2-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Most of the time when a pit mauls somebody or some other animal, the owner always says, "but, he has never shown aggressiveness. He's the sweetest dog I have ever owned. I just don't understand."

That's what any dog owner would say if their dog bit someone.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

yelled at me for fighting back.

This is one of the things I learned about them. Most dogs will release their grip when you fight back or hit or punch them. A pit doubles down when you do that. The more aggression YOU show, the more fierce they hold on. This is why their attack is more dangerous than the attack from other breeds.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

well that didn't take long.
there are bad dogs, theyre called pitbulls.
only one type of dog turns up in these stories.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This particular dog bursted out of a screen door and leaped over a wooden fence and attacked as I was walking by on the sidewalk. I managed to wrench it's head over after a solid kick to it's underbelly. No pitbull with owners I've known has ever acted that viciously. Personally, I believe German Shepards are far far worse. Pitbulls get a bad rap.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Also, I support the idea of emotional support animals. You don't have to take them everywhere, but they can be very beneficial to people. Especially people with trauma.

I can agree with that. Pets are a beautiful thing and can bring one a lot of joy and emotional comfort. But, they do not need to be taken into restaurants, on airplanes, or taken into shopping malls, etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I've been attacked by more chiuahuas and Tabby cats than pitbulls... Just saying ..

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Any dog can bite. Pit Bull dogs are the most amazing, loving, loyal breed there is. Deny ignorance.

It really is the owners not the dog. The dog only wants to please it’s owner. If it thinks it’s owner is impressed by violence, the dog will be violent to strangers. If the dog is showered with love it will be a teddy bear.
There are more dangerous breeds like German shepherds and Rottweilers, but it’s the same with them too. There are no bad breeds only bad owners
edit on 27-2-2019 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I have no doubt that that is true. Chihuahuas are notorious biters. But, you can pull a Chihuahua off and toss him aside. You cannot do that to a pit bull that gets triggered to attack. The more you pull, push, fight, kick, hit, the more it doubles down. They are bred to hold on till the prey is dead. If that is a child, she doesn't have a chance against a pit.

If someone wants a pit for a pet, fine, your choice. But, they should not under any circumstances be allowed as emotional service animals to be taken into public places and especially airplanes.

edit on 27-2-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have a bit of experience with support anamals. A member of my family with sivear physical disabilities has a trained and lisinced golden retriever that supports her. Talking to her and the people involved in training these animals I've learned that it's a big problem for them that people get authentic looking sashes and documents online and call their house hold pet a "support" anamal when it is neather trained or adapted for the job.

The unscrupulous practice puts everyone else in danger, causes health issues and it puts people like my family member in the bad situation of having to defend her ligimat use of her anamal.

Real support animals would never behave as this person's pet has irregardless of the breed. They go through extensive training and yearly resertifcation of the anamal and the disabled person. I've witnessed my family member get recertified and it's quite through.

I hope this little girl and her parents sue the owner of this dog and try to sue the Airport and the online business if the dog was wearing support anamal documents. Its the only way the situation will ever get fixed.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I see your point. I'd just say that the owners need to be more restraining or in control if a public situation is necessary with a particular animal they haven't properly trained. I'm assuming this pit bull wasn't professionally trained, so maybe I'm out of bounds here...

It's like if you had an alligator as an emotional support animal... Maybe you should have it in a carrier or something.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

If someone wants a pit for a pet, fine, your choice. But, they should not under any circumstances be allowed as emotional service animals to be taken into public places and especially airplanes.

I agree with this. Never let your dog get close enough to a stranger to bite no matter the breed

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Any dog can bite. Pit Bull dogs are the most amazing, loving, loyal breed there is... until they attack your child.
apart from that they're really nice.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

as the owner of 2 working dogs i was totally agreeing with you till you played the racist card totally spoiled the narrative

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

opinion based on observation:
pitbulls and all other "pure breed" dogs are inbred so much that the animals become unstable. seems to me that a genetically aggressive dog can turn violent for no reason.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

My little brother had a friends family Shepard attack him, producing almost identical injuries as the poor little girl in this case. Lip and tear duct torn, requiring microsurgery.

I think sometimes, that animals can be dicks..just like people.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm thinking of getting an emotional support boa. I think it would be great he can give hugs as needed. And the plus side no waiting in lines as people who are scared of snakes run away. No more lines to worry about.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Stavley said Brannan was carrying what looked like a form letter from her therapist, saying her animal was an emotional support animal.

The therapist ought to be sued as well if it can be proven the letter existed. These people are out of control; putting money ahead of public safety.

Also of note: people should teach their children to stay away from animals they dont know. My family and I love animals and have several dogs and more including extended family. My kids are comfortable around animals, but I've told them early in their lives not to pet dogs they dont know ... even if the owner tells them it's ok.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join