It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Satan live in Hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have thought about this for a while now, but more recently in another thread called God created Satan, i found myself questioning this even more.

Here it is:

Does Satan actually live in Hell, or is Satan just the advocate of bad things on earth, designed by God, so that way God could have the true love of humanity. Jesus says that there is a hell, maybe not specifically but implied, but he also relates that back to death. What is worse, being tormented in fire or no longer existing? I dont think anyone can give a real justified answer on that as none of us have truly experienced just plain death, at least to my knowledge. Okay, so my question is, is Satan just the ruler of Hell from heaven, or does he actually live in hell? And if he does live in Hell does that mean he lives in Death? And if he does live in death how does he possess the guy who is to have a deadly head wound and thus manipulate things to be even more evil?

Before i hear anything about the fallen angel story you need to show me where that comes from in the Bible because i can not find it anywhere, and i have talked to others who have read the bible multiple times and they say the same. Maybe it is in the Catholic Bible, i know they have a longer bible...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hi R..//Quote///
"Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world - he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him" (Revelations 12:7 9).

www.fatheralexander.org...

There is alot of info on the Angels...also on Exorcisms in the article that reads above......

Ill post this now and see if I can come up with more info....

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Hi R..//Quote///
"Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world - he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him" (Revelations 12:7 9).
Ill post this now and see if I can come up with more info....

Wait, thats not good. His on EARTH now!!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Satan is the prince of the power of the air,god of this earth ,and ruler of hell.Hell is anywhere GOD is not present.Satan is not in Hell because the War in heaven has not took place yet. In the book of Job,satan went to heaven to asked GOD's permission to make Job forsake GOD.The lake of fire in the book of Revelations is hell because GOD does not dwell there.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't know, but I've got proof by experience and scripture that he's not confined, if he is there. He's a little pissed at me right now and let me know he's still around. It doesn't bother me anymore though, I've got work to do.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Satan issue has been complicated over time. First, you need to look at the origin and use of the word Hell in the Bible. Three different words are translated to 'hell'. 'Hell' derives from the olde English word for hole as in hole in the ground. It was most commonly used to refer to a hole in the ground where root crops were kept. Kinda like a root cellar. It is also used to describe a grave. The early English translations often translated the Greek word sheol to 'Hell' as well. Sheol means grave. The Greek word hades is also translated to 'hell'. Hades also means grave. Another word appearing in the original texts and translated to hell is the greek work gahenna. Gahenna actually relates to a place in biblical times. It was a valley near Jerusalem that was used as the town dump. Garbage, dead animals and the like were burned there. The fire was always going and this was what became the 'eternal fires of Hell'.

What really screwed things up was the work of Dante (The Inferno) and the way the early Church appropriated it. It became an ad hoc part of the Bible (kinda like the movie The Ten Commandments in modern times). Fiction became confused with reality. Dante's depiction of Hell became the official line. Plus, there were several 'edits' performed by 'The Church' on the Bible that confused things even further.

The bottom line? The Bible says Satan and his allies were thrown out of Heaven and they can't get back in. But we know he was at work here in Eden in the beginning. And Revelations also tells us he's here. The idea of his being restrained doesn't hold (no pun). It would seem from the writings that he's just about everywhere --- except Heaven.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by jtma508]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
thanks! If I never find the answer though, I'm alright with that

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
What is worse, being tormented in fire or no longer existing? I dont think anyone can give a real justified answer on that as none of us have truly experienced just plain death, at least to my knowledge.

Uh, being tormented in fire forever... Second, there is really no such thing as "I", there is no you, there was no you until you were born and "you" are still changing moment to moment. Was it so bad before you were born? There was no you. There was non-existance. Non-existance is fine by me.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance. 'Satan' is a meme, created in the Middle East around 5,000 years ago. Go outside, get some fresh air, take a hike. There is no 'Satan' except in your mind. Do avoid the Mountain Lions, though.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A meme in the hand is worth two in the wilderness.

And verily, Satan lived in the mind of Chakotay too, for it was said that Satan's greatest weapon was that people did not believe in him, and yea, the ovine amongst the people believed that too.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Satan/hell is in your mind...thats what i belive, my mom has always told me that...like, you create your own hell in your mind

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
satan is jesus' brother.... created in ignorance however...
he lives on earth, and in around the universe surrounding our sun... has numerous faces, and lives in ignorance..

edit: Saint4God .. that Case-Studies/Salvation website is crap...
just like your not a hamburger for going to McDonalds? .. that's lousy I could have come up with a better anaylogy... That site just prys off of the "norms" response to religeon... any attempt to entertain people towards an idea is retarded... you point the direction, you don't carry them...

[edit on 1/3/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Conspiracy, or just religious talk?

PAY ATTENTION TO THE FORUMS!! THIS IS BTS THEOLOGY MATERIAL!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Here's what I know. His given name is Lucifer, Son of the Morning. The most interesting thing about the ole' boy is how he's manipulated so many through out the years. "Satan" is what could be interpreted as a nick name for him. The book of Job describes "a Satan" not "the one and only."

Answer to the question: No. He does not live in hell. The books of Eziekiel and Isaiah go in depth on just who he is, where he is, and the books of Daniel, Revelation describe where he's headed.

Before we go into a major discussion over the where abouts of the Devil, I think we should read that Bible on Grandma's coffee table. It would answer alot of these questions.

By the way, the passage in Revelation that describes the fall of Lucifer and his angels is a historical re-count setting up the narrative of Armeggedon. Read the book, man.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by galacticus
Satan is the prince of the power of the air,god of this earth ,and ruler of hell.Hell is anywhere GOD is not present.Satan is not in Hell because the War in heaven has not took place yet. In the book of Job,satan went to heaven to asked GOD's permission to make Job forsake GOD.The lake of fire in the book of Revelations is hell because GOD does not dwell there.

Wow, you are so wrong.

In the book of Job, GOD CALLED OUT SATAN. God dared satan to try and sway jobs opinion. God gave satan permission. God brough on the line of questioning that led to the destruction of Jobs life. Interesting how a christians forces himself to percieve this though. In a way that doesnt make their god look like a sadistic murderer.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
edit: Saint4God .. that Case-Studies/Salvation website is crap...
just like your not a hamburger for going to McDonalds? .. that's lousy I could have come up with a better anaylogy... That site just prys off of the "norms" response to religeon... any attempt to entertain people towards an idea is retarded... you point the direction, you don't carry them...

*shrug* Glad you visited the link, sorry you missed the point. I'd like to hear your better analogy. One of us can write to the author of the site if you prefer. As you said, I point the direction. Should I be carrying? I will do my best to do so if that's what's wanted for any brother or sister.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Before i hear anything about the fallen angel story you need to show me where that comes from in the Bible because i can not find it anywhere, and i have talked to others who have read the bible multiple times and they say the same.

Ezekiel 28:14-16 Isaiah 12:13-15 Read the whole chapter though of each Satan is not in hell. From Job it appears satan roams the earth,( 1 Peter 5:8) looking for someone to devour.

God did draw satan's attention to Job. It is never explained why, but we know from the Bible that testing refines us. Job endured though not in perfection, and God returned to Job double that what he lost.

satan will be destined for the Lake of Fire one day and will spend eternity there.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by dbrandt]

top topics

join