It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY is NO ONE on ATS concerned with the IMMANENT threat of NUK EXCHANGE btwn India/Pak?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I thought the Nukes going off in India was some kind of diversion from all the talk about Trump today.

With all due respect that's an incredibly insular viewpoint.

To the rest of the world the goings on surrounding Trump has very much been secondary news behind events in the Indian subcontinent.

Of course Cohen's testimony is important as is Trumps meeting with whatshisname from North Korea but if things escalate between India and Pakistan we could at best be looking at a major military conflict and at worst an exchange of nuclear weapons.
Either prospect isn't exactly good.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What is going on then it's a grey area , why did they upside down French flags on those planes

cause: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2019 by Ahabstar because: Fixed bb code

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Surely the importance of a subject isn't measured by the number of threads on it, is it?

On ATS? It kinda does.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I know Islam is going to be responsible for starting a nuclear war but I don't think India is going to feel "Allah's wrath" or something stupid like that over a few jet fighters.

Nothing exciting ever happens.
They will retaliate with sanctions.
When something exciting does happen the war-zone would be localized on the map, to start with,
a few jet fighters is not worth a nuclear warhead.

What global leaders will do is more or less the same.
impose sanctions...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Here’s an OP I started a few days ago with that theme at the forefront.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Dude are you even familiar with the history of the region? I think if you were you wouldn't be freaking out so much. This is business as usual for them.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Another reason nothing's going to happen just look at the difference between the 2. India would roll over top Pakistan. Even if Pakistan got something off , They would be nothing but a memory "quickly" . the overall size of India a couple of nuke blast would just be wounds needing healing. Pakistan not so much and they know that .
edit on 2/27/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, probably not a good idea:

HEMP is produced when a nuclear weapon is detonated high above the Earth’ssurface, creating gamma-radiation that interacts with the atmosphere to create aninstantaneous intense electromagnetic energy field that is harmless to people as itradiates outward, but which can overload computer circuitry with effects similar to,but causing damage much more swiftly than a lightning strike.13 The effects ofHEMP became fully known to the United States in 1962 during a high-altitudenuclear test (code named “Starfish Prime”) over the Pacific Ocean, when radiostations and electronic equipment were disrupted 800 miles away through parts ofHawaii. The HEMP effect can span thousands of miles, depending on the altitudeand the design and power of the nuclear burst (a single device detonated at anappropriate altitude over Kansas reportedly could affect all of the continental UnitedStates)14, and can be picked up by metallic conductors such as wires or power cables,acting as antennas to conduct the energy shockwave into the electronic systems ofcars, airplanes, and communications equipment.

High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) andHigh Power Microwave (HPM) Devices: Threat Assessments-(direct .pdf link)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think it is concerning, but not like this kind of thing hasn't happened before between the two.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Because neither side is white and since you can’t call either side racist, it’s all good

It’s dcary but it’s basically that simple

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
To answer the OP. Because even tho some # has happened this is really a non issue. Nukes won't fly anytime soon. The Indians targeted some " terrorists" whom probably actually are. And the PAK govt got involved. Some jets were shot down.

Not a big thing. The PAK govt has already called for peace talks. All India wants, is to root out the extremist groups in Pakistan, and Pakistan will likely at least pretend they will agree to do that.

India does not want a real war with Pakistan.

On a side note... When I worked on Pikes Peak last summer, I met a really nice Indian family. I was ignorant enough to ask about Kashmir, and the answer they gave me is that western media is full of it. Indians and PAKS are one in the same. It's just the government/politicians that continue the BS. None of the general population on either side wants war.
edit on 28-2-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

There was a Dr. Who episode (with the lady doctor, whom I like, she reminds me a lot of #10) which involved the partition. Sort of along the lines of what you just said.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I wonder if Trump was pulled from the region due to some advanced knowledge of this threat or something related.

For someone wanting to get a deal done this isn't going well.

Fricking China!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

there's a lot of truth on the internet about certain people... the powers that be, want that wiped of the net, so i'm guessing if a war breaks out, things will happen on the net in the background and most people won't notice.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

If you stop and think about it,would you toss a slew of nuclear bombs into your back yard? not likely unless you wanted to destroy yourself as well,media hype and deflection,too many "what if's"

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I see nuclear war as one of the best tricks TPTB use to keep everyone fearful.

"We must have nuclear weapons because the enemy has them!"

"How many weapons do they have?"

"Enough to blow up the whole planet!"

"Well, how many do we have?"

"Enough to blow up the whole planet."

"Why do we have enough weapons to blow up the planet twice?"

"Because we can't be seen to have less than they do, it'd look bad."

"What happens in a nuclear war?"

"Well, they launch their missiles, we see them coming and launch ours at them and then everybody dies."

"And if we fire first?"

"They see our missiles coming and launch theirs at us and then everybody dies."

"So it's a no-win situation. Why do we have these weapons again?"

"Because the enemy has them sir!"

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Because we did that already....they've both had nukes awhile...we worried at 1st back then.

Nothing's changed

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
.y
edit on 19000000pppm by yuppa because: Ooops wrong thread. Lol.

edit on 19000000pppm by yuppa because: Oops again

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It’s been two or three days? Are we past the point of “IMMANENT” Maybe we can downgrade to lowercase now, and just be immanent?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join