It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Calls Mark Meadows A Racist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Psychological Projection, a defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others, is a common occurrence among the entire left wing party. They do it all the time.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

They're progressives. They don't think that far ahead.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
and all along I thought token was an offensive term, much like the quoted "prop"?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"And btw...she is fat. Shes a cow."

I just call em like i see em.

If we all go around looking for things to be offensive then everything becomes offensive even when their are no offensive intentions and who does that help? The side that is using offensiveness and racism as a political tool.

Sometimes fighting fire with fire is not the best way ford lest we become too offended to even speak.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

"And btw...she is fat. Shes a cow."

that is from one of the "feminist i'm with her" members that post here, i thought it was rather ironic

I just call em like i see em.

and thank you for doing so
doesn't make calling a woman of color a token acceptable

please, by all means speak on
my day would be more bland without your outbursts

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
and all along I thought token was an offensive term, much like the quoted "prop"?

Only those with privilege in today's society can throw around terms like that without repercussions.
edit on 28-2-2019 by SKEPTEK because: spelin

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yea let's all just offense ourselves into a corner.

We all need to lighten up.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Yea let's all just offense ourselves into a corner.

We all need to lighten up.

I'm not offended.
But I'm not a woman of color either.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Isis is not a woman of color either. Yet she is.

Let's get real. According to scientist black is not a color and is just the absence of color so actually people claiming to be colored and black are severely confused about reality but you all know how i am a stickler for details and believe words mean things and when we continue to say things not based in reality it only serves to confuse the masses. Sounds petty but until we begin to say what we mean we will remain divided.

There are benefits to being without pigment and one pretty good one i see is aging.

edit on 28-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Patton seems to feel differently about the situation.

Patton herself fired back on Instagram, saying: "Today a race card was played. But not by Congressman Mark Meadows. But rather by those on the House Oversight Committee who sadly placed more credence on the word of a self-confessed convicted perjurer, than that of a highly-educated black woman who rose up the ranks of one of the most recognized global real-estate companies in the world, spoke before 25 million people at the Republican National Convention and now successfully oversees the largest HUD program office in the country. "That is not the resume of a prop," she added.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I do not think calling black people "props" is a good strategy to get their votes.
I could be wrong tho.

For a Democrat, it's an honest statement, even though Tlaib didn't realize it.

Even some Black clients of mine grudgingly acknowledge Trump has improved life economically for their community.

Democrats record on that is spotty at best.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
[snipped down]
my personal view is Rep. Tlaib should be censured from even appearing in future Oversight Committees

Her being on the "Oversight" Committee is a true oxymoron.

Maybe she should look in "Hindsight" 😆

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Isn’t she Palestinian?

Palestinians are Caucasian.

Are Mediterranean Europeans with black hair and brown eyes considered “POC” now as well?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Right on time CNN ................

CNN’s Alisyn Camerota Urges Rashida Tlaib to Walk Back Apology, Declare Mark Meadows Racist

CNN’s New Day co-anchor Alisyn Camerota attempted Thursday morning to encourage Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MN) to undo her apology to Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) the day before, when she suggested he was a racist.

🚬

top topics

<< 1   >>

join