It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cortez is furious at these photos of her and a staffer eating a hamburger and killing the planet

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They say too much exstacy is bad for you.

I don't believe them, but that's what they say.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He's not talking about the mushrooms that come from cow pastures.
edit on 2/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

i keep thinking of:

Cleveland Rocks

All those chicks with Crimsom Lips
Cleveland Rocks....

(theme song from Drew Carey TV sit-com)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I honestly wasn't thinking that.

Now that I am, though, that's another good reason to keep cow farts. I wonder if AOC knows where they come from?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Not much grows in a fart.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: vonclod

They say too much exstacy is bad for you.

I don't believe them, but that's what they say.

TheRedneck

Burger night is getting better by the minute

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Here's the problem tho. You being able to avoid all that. Is a rather privileged life style. 7 Billion people on this planet and you expect to feed everyone with 'organic' food?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Not my problem... I studied my ass off and have worked hard to put myself where I am at and even considering that, my family budgets itself and is frugal... Self responsibility is not cheap, I can see why so many reject it and decide to live off the blood and sweat of others in exchange for voting for politicians who promise more taxes on me. Working hard, budgeting, having some pride... these aren't "privileges" they're responsibilities.

ETA: you seem to think I am anti GMO, anti lab grown smeat, anti fewer people eating meat, I most definitely am not. I applaud all who make those choices for themselves. I wish more people were vegetarians and only bought GMO stuff, less rat's = more cheese. I'm making choices for myself, I simply have a venomous response for any jackass in DC who decides to do ANYTHING that adversely impacts my ability, convenience, and costs of making those choices. AOC can celebrate eating soy burgers all she wants, but she can stick her head in the fountain and inhale deeply when she decides to try legislating her opinions onto me (especially when those opinions are rooted in her belief of a lie/hoax like AGW. )
edit on 28-2-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You made it sound as if GMO was a bad thing at first.

Saying being able to afford 'organic' only food truly is a privilege in the whole grand scheme of things. Not everyone has had the opportunities in life like you have had to succeed. All power to you for taking advantage of them and becoming able to live in a nation that has that option and you take full control of it. Someone who is born in Brazil can be responsible all they want, but you simply being born in the US already made you win the life lottery.

But in a nation like India, China, or even parts of the US, GMO food is the future.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: shooterbrody

For breakfast, lunch and dinner?

If I want, sure.
Are we going to find out you own a slaughterhouse?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Rich people don't need all that money.

Guns don't need to hold all those rounds.

You don't need all those burgers.

Pattern people.

The party of pro choice aint pro choice at all.

We're nothing but kids with a new mom telling us what we can have an can't.

Some people have a problem with it, and right so.

Those that have no concept of civil liberty don't.

I wonder why that is.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So not a fan of AOC and so didn't want to log in and post this, but no one else has.

While many are seeing this all as a silly joke, some are apparently judging this as hypocrisy.
What would have been the right thing? Is she:

A. Supposed to forbid her employee/CoS from eating a hamburger? That's ridiculous, unethical and illegal. Even if her money is footing the bill, you can't tell others what they are or aren't allowed to eat.

B. Supposed to insinuate that he cannot have a burger to support her inane suggestions? Also un-realistic. No one does that in a public dining experience and would be poor etiquette to do so. As would any reaction to what someone else chooses to consume at a restaurant. Side note that many have wrongly abandoned such manners these days.

C. Supposed to capitulate acceptance at these trivial and unreasonable accusations? While her integrity is suspect on many things she chooses to say and do, she owes no one an apology for not interfering in what someone else eats.
This would only be hypocrisy if she actually HAD the power to regulate the eating habits, did so and then did not follow through with her staff. And there have been NUMEROUS examples of that sort of "privilege" through the centuries involving politicians and the wealthy.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Are you sure it wasn't an Impossible Burger?

impossiblefoods.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Pretty sure it's an impossible Cortez.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

More like a probable Cortez.

Like Trump, she somehow got in office.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Holy crap. 6+ pages about someone eating a hamburger while with AOC.

She really has become ingrained in your brains.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Maybe she is just into hot dogs?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is the very definition of obsession.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
This is the very definition of obsession.

What's that?
Posting a politicians platform and then posting a photo that shows they don't believe their platform?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not much grows in a fart.

Yet here you are

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join