It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DBCowboy and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

DB, if you and the other posters who have had skunks spray their pets in the face, please be sure that their faces are extensively cleaned, especially their eyes. Our youngest black lab, Bigfoot, caught a skunk and wouldn't let go of it until the skunk died. It was three weeks until I could get close enough to him to check him and I didn't see anything wrong. About 6 months later he has this film over his eyes that makes him blind. The vet says his tear ducts are finished possibly by the skunk spray. I put drops in his eyes but thats like spraying a 5 alarm fire with a water hose.

It is, however, very funny to watch him run into the side of the house, my pick-up truck, the power poles, and it wasn't too funny when he ran into me after my knee replacement surgery and knocked me down. I swear he laughed then.

I used to kill skunks after that when I saw them, but I stopped when one afternoon I was deer hunting and watched a mamma skunk and her two babies dig up a fire ant mound and eat the grubs in it. I had to weigh the alternatives, then. Skunks or fire ants. Skunks won...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Went out for lunch.

Son wanted to go to a restaurant and sit and eat.

I said, "We can't now son. We're skunk people. We're skunk people."

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

We did wash out his eyes, but will follow up with a vet visit.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

OMG, you made me laugh so hard! I'm sorry about your dog and all but..Bahahaha!

Before I was even married, my fiancé/now husband decided he was going to rescue a skunk. It had already sprayed something, who or what I don't know. We have always adored animals and would rescue any that need rescuing but...I was like oh hell no! He scoops the thing up and I'm like "OMG, OMG, he's going get sprayed!!" Then I'm thinking what the hell is he going to do with the damned thing? He proceeds to put it in the back seat in a box he had back there and takes it to his house.

I said, "Are you kidding me?" "your Mother is gonna kill you!" He then gets a tongue lashing from Mom and puts it on their porch. It ended up dying and I swear you could smell that thing throughout the entire neighborhood. We even had some of the scent on us and had to go to work. Since we didn't get sprayed but were close enough to it, some of the scent lingered. Man, it took forever to live that one down. LOL

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
To continue;

I've tried doing mysticism, and mentally visualizing all the skunk smell as the color pink and having it leave our house and into the butt of Sinead O'Connor because, "Nothing adheres, nothing adheres, like poo."

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Hahaha!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
To continue;

I've tried doing mysticism, and mentally visualizing all the skunk smell as the color pink and having it leave our house and into the butt of Sinead O'Connor because, "Nothing adheres, nothing adheres, like poo."

I had to google her, sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Millennial.

Also, props on the skunk avatar.

People can say what they want about you DB, but you embrace who you are..... and you're skunk people now. Never to be seen in public for the next month. Skunk people.

Lol

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, at least your day wasn't boring.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh ... this happened to our dog once when I was a kid. Folks let her out one night to do her business and she went around back and all of a sudden came around front and into the house at a screaming run, faster than they'd ever seen her move. They said they should've known something was up, but as it was, she was moving so fast, she outran the smell, so she was well into the house, through the kitchen and back into my folks' bedroom and under their bed before the smell hit. So the house was saturated.

It smelled so bad it woke my sister and I up in our rooms all the way upstairs.

They doused her in tomato juice and everything else trying to get the smell off, and nothing could get it out of the house.

It took forever before the house and our clothing stopped smelling vaguely like skunk every time it got damp.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

LOL! Love it! That wasn't there earlier right? If it was, I really should have had more coffee today.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: CriticalStinker

LOL! Love it! That wasn't there earlier right? If it was, I really should have had more coffee today.

Haha he changed it half way through this thread.... After page two started.

He's full on embracing it, I love it.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
For those who have never had an intimate experience with the essence du' skunk, it's like taking rotting strawberries, wrapped in a dirty diaper, and tossing it on a tire fire.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Know what I hate? In the beautiful warmer months when the windows are wide open and you are sleeping peacefully then...a skunk sprays outside and wakes you right up. Then you toss and turn for I don't know how long before you can sleep again.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I am now. . . People Of The Skunk.

I am offended.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Truly sorry for you. I am, but I am also laughing.

There was another time we were heading down a country road at night and we hit one. We didn't kill it outright, but we couldn't tell if it had hit us or not. We had been heading in to watch the son of some college pals of my folks play baseball. Well, we pulled up to the parking and pulled in and rolled down the windows ... and it hit.

Sure enough, that skunk had nailed the undercarriage. So we smelled like skunk.

Still we though that since we were parked well away from everyone out along the third base line into the outfield that we'd be able to watch without disrupting anything.

Yeah ... no ...

About 10 to 15 minutes later this group of four to five gradeschool age boys comes meandering out into the parking area all exclaiming about how bad it smells and looking under cars and between them trying to find the skunk. Dad quietly pulled the car out and we left. The car spent that night parked in the backyard in an effort not to disrupt the entire neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Oooops. My bad. Better be nice or we'll have to de-scent you.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Oooops. My bad. Better be nice or we'll have to de-scent you.

I'm sure his wife has been trying that for a while.

He refuses to change his diet.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Wow, the dog gets sprayed by a skunk and Gunther gets a beaten.........thats messed up.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I had a long talk with our cats today.

They are very upset and have brought up some serious points.

They have never been sprayed by any skunks, and dogs are stupid.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That's horrible! I hope you get rid of the smell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join