It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This 2-year-old Picasso is taking the art world by storm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Too funny

Has anyone seen Exit Through The Gift Shop? The last scene really says it all...(Spoiler-- if you're going to watch the film, be warned!!!)

edit on 27-2-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So...if I dump some paint on a canvas and get a child to claim credit I can sell it for several hundred dollars? Cool.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

So...if I dump some paint on a canvas and get a child to claim credit I can sell it for several hundred dollars? Cool.

It takes a little more than that I'm sure, you need to be in the right "art" circles that probably literally feed on their own excrement while gleefully describing it's aroma and flavor in excruciating detail.

The air would have to be so thick with pretentious materialist that you could cut it with knife.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Banksy does art I can appreciate.

But he has a message.

Also, I love rebels....

My favorite quote from him.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Looks like a load of old Jackson Pollocks to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I love Banksy too, and especially that he embodies the trickster.

We absolutely need some fun mischief in the world to shake the stodginess up here and there.
edit on 27-2-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Looks like #. The worst thing that can happen is the people paying hundreds for these and making little Lola think she really has a skill. Hopefully this ends before she's old enough to have an ego.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I know a lot of picassos if this tot is being compared to him. In fact, i might be a DaVinci if that is the case.

This is how stupid people become famous. I’m guessing her parents have friends in the art industry, and those friends are humoring the family and the child.

I have a two year old that has similar looking, if not better, finger paintings than this and I wouldn't go around showing my friends or even family. My wife and I put them in a "memory" box so we can reflect on them all in 25 or 30 years or show his girlfriends when he brings one home when he gets older.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Art is a product. And nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public....HLMencken

There's a sucker born every minute.....P T Barnum

edit on 27-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Looks like I can always fall back on the arts if my current career falls through. I can’t draw and I really suck at painting so my art should be in high demand. I’ll just give my painting edgy names. I call this The Fall of Man it’s a broken white and black lines on a blue background, should sell in the 6-7 figure range.

edit on 27-2-2019 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I just want to say thank you to everyone.

I half posted this wondering "will I be grilled for not having abstract thought?".

I am not alone.... I am not alone....

Maybe I can go to sleep tonight without punishing myself.

Depends on how you would punish yourself. How.......would you punish yourself?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I half posted this wondering "will I be grilled for not having abstract thought?".

Small bamboo shivs under my finger nails sound in order.

Barbed.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Small bamboo shivs under my finger nails sound in order.

Barbed.

Mmm. Very intriguing, Clarice.

(read that to yourself in Hopkins's voice.)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

There was another case like this maybe twenty years ago, The art community was all a titter over the drawings of a child who was heralded as a genius and all. THose works were selling for tens of thousands. Hangings in high prestige galleries.
Turns out I think to have been the father, who was no artist either, but anyway, much of the art community was thrilled by the stuff.

I suppose there is an elitist thing going with some people who believe that they are in possession of superior abilities to discern beauty and I guess that is ok as this is probably a trait common to all of us. What we like, art wise and music wise and movie wise we tend to assume is better than what appeals to others, You know?

Those pictures you posted were beautiful, once one learns to appreciate the color combinations and the sweeping curves and splotches and all the rest that can be found in them. I found them pleasing. But I find my great grand daughters nice to look at as well, I just wouldn't buy it.

All in all, I guess that we all like to think that in one way or another, that we are special either in our abilities or our appreciations. I'm kind of just rambling on now but one thought came to mind if you want to make anything of this here.

Years ago while sitting in a waiting room I heard a couple of people sitting across from me. One fella was expounding to a couple of others and at one point he said''what most people don't know''. Now what he was going on about was nothing hugely important or for that matter complex or mysterious, but he still seemed to express a kind of sense of superiority from what he was saying as well as from the intent of his listeners. I thought at that moment that he might have been me,

Over the next few months and then years I seemed to notice that a LOT of people used those same words. What most people don't know. It could have been about fishing or raising a baby with cholic or how to change a tire, it didn't matter. People seemed to take personal delight in being privy to informational systems that evaded others.

Using that observation along side my own sense of being privy to ''deeper knowldege'' I see, left and right, examples that fit nicely with this observation every time I click into ATS.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It's # and you've just been had

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Art is stupid these days. Anybody can do this. I dont care if they are a 2 year old. Just about any 2 year old can finger paint.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
my great granddaughter drew this when she was three

It is a picture of me, very abstract. don't you think?

LOL
edit on 27-2-2019 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

As I've said before, I always love your posts, even if we don't agree.

You really hit me with a doozie this time though, it went right over my head... Which isn't surprising

I don't want you to elaborate just yet, I'm hoping it comes to me... But I may ask later haha.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

That's not abstract.

She's clearly picking flowers and has candy corn teeth.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This baby has more talent in her diaper than all of you put together.

Such depth and wit.

Really transcends the bondage of youth!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join