It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

81-year-old Trump supporter assaulted over his MAGA hat

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: TinySickTears
Just in another thread many on the right said there is no such thing as a hate crime.

In this thread some are saying this should be a hate crime.

Which is it you think?

I wanted to address this. Yes, hate crime laws are stupid BUT, if they are on the books (and they are) wouldn't these offenses fit the criteria? Or does Orange Man Bad crime not count?

Nope. There's no clause pertaining to political beliefs. When the laws were enacted, we were still fairly sane and didn't attack one another over whether we had a D or an R by our names. It increasingly appears that maybe we need to update those laws, though.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: underpass61

We have apt of right wing Murica cowboy assholes on here

And we have the little pussies on here that condone these hit and run tactics.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A lot of leftist/right talk lately. Terrible people are found on both sides. Evil isn't one sided, but plays both sides. Just look at the Bush family. So even if you are right wing, don't fall for the divide and conquer tactics. You may be leaning towards one spectrum which is natural and not a crime, but remember, evil is like a virus infecting without care.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalWatchman

Should people be allowed to wear hats that have MAGA on them?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Who assaults the elderly?
That is dastardly.

you could say illegal immigrants...so build the wall

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

if you can wear a burka for religious purposes you can wear a MAGA hat for political purposes.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Notice how the cowards only target those who can't defend themselves or they attack in numbers. I'm half tempted to buy a MAGA hat and start wearing it. Let's see how they like looking down the barrel of a 9mm.

I've been hesitant to wear my MAGA hat because I carry a .40. At the same time, I shouldn't be afraid to wear a hat in America...

Saddly it is only a matter of time before someone messes with the wrong person. Just a hat, which is why I don't wear mine... But again I should be able to.

I'm torn on this one, I can only suggest that the left stop looking for trouble before they find it, and anyone on the right wearing the hat to look for trouble also needs to check themselves.

Seems like poking a bear...

I am buying a maga hat for exactly that reason. I am handicapped, I carry, and I am the wrong person to mess with. I will definitely stand my ground and defend myself. I will be backing up saying, "No! Don't make me!" the whole time. And when its over no one can say I was looking for trouble. I was backing away from the attacker shouting "No!" Bang. Twenty minutes cleaning my gun and one less scumbag to deal with tomorrow.

If you're gonna be a bear - be a grizzly.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Vikings fans complained on Twitter of witnessing random acts of violence. Some fans whined their Vikings hats were swiped off their heads and tossed into urinals before Eagles fans showed why their team was No. 1 in the NFC

Philthadelphia is the Mos Eisley of the United States.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Leftists...you know this behavior is wrong and innocent people are being hurt.
Get your s#t together before someone gets killed over the simple act of wearing their hat.

Could you possibly be more ignorant?

Why in the hell are you addressing "leftists," whatever that is. So basically, anyone who doesn't agree with your train of thought is a leftist? And the actions of an infinitesimal % of the "left" apparently implicates EVERYONE who doesn't agree with your mode of thinking?

Grow the hell up.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Leftists...you know this behavior is wrong and innocent people are being hurt.
Get your s#t together before someone gets killed over the simple act of wearing their hat.

Could you possibly be more ignorant?

Why in the hell are you addressing "leftists," whatever that is. So basically, anyone who doesn't agree with your train of thought is a leftist? And the actions of an infinitesimal % of the "left" apparently implicates EVERYONE who doesn't agree with your mode of thinking?

Grow the hell up.

I think its quite clear that the people wearing the maga hats are Trump supporters, right leaning people. It follows to reason that those attacking the right leaning people are from the left. No one else would be so offended by the symbol of the Trump campaign. There is no great leap of imagination required there. Its pretty clear, unless you are boggled by simple logic and common sense. By your post, I can see that you are.

If you are privy to some information that suggests the people attacking Trump supporters are other Trump supporters your feigned offense at this simple truth is more pointless than I had previously believed. And finally, the last gasp of a failed argument is an attempt at marginalizing the attacks by claiming that it is such a small percentage of the left who do it. That is a non-starter since the topic of this thread is the fact that these attacks are becoming more and more common every day.

To recap: it is the left who are attacking the maga wearing right; you completely missed the point of both the comment to which you responded and this entire thread; the entire left is not implicated by these simple truths, however, the individuals who directly or tacitly condone these attacks do implicate themselves.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree

a reply to: underpass61

We have apt of right wing Murica cowboy assholes on here

And we have the little pussies on here that condone these hit and run tactics.

i have not seen a single person condone these attacks

so stop lying

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: TinySickTears

Translation:
Right wingers talking sh!t = bad
Left wingers doing sh!t = meh

Thanks for being honest.

False
U don't approve of it.
I have said so

I'm just more interested in the right wanting to use their guns

Please point out one instance when a Trump supporter resorted to using their gun against an anti-Trumper. Oh that's right you can't because it hasn't happened. One minute you're Mr. internet tough guy and now you want to be the voice of reason...pathetic.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Who assaults the elderly?
That is dastardly.

You can go on YouTube and watch antifa rip the American flag out of the hands of the elderly.
Same group lined up in droves for the blue wave.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Under Obama it was the America flag that triggered people. The country has gotten some of its balls back on that front.

Today it's a maga hat.

Under Obama I was traveling into nyc with an American flag on my shirt.
Guy next to me says cool shirt. Wait until you her to times square you will start to hear a lot of anger

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

They have not
I never said they have

I said they want to

And that's true

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Wait until you her to times square you will start to hear a lot of anger

New Yorkers don't go to Times Square, it's filled with out of town kettles gawking at the M&M store and the Naked Cowboy while taking selfies.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I said they want to And that's true

So then it's fair to say that you want the violence to continue as long as its only directed at Trump supporters because I said so. Just another day of arguing with a TDS sufferer.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Nope.
5 times now I said I dont approve of the violence.

Keep spinning

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
I would look into a new campaign slogan.

MASA............make america safe,sane,sensible again

It is a fact that the color red gets peoples blood pressure on it and couple that with msm programming then it looks like this will continue.That is why i say i would change the political attire. Sure it would be considered backing down but in reality it would be backing down from a bad idea.

That's quite the load of horse **** you piled up there.

So your solution to this problem is to remove the hat? Rather than address the mental instability of the people who would assault the elderly and minors over said hat? Please explain to me how silencing the opposition is the correct solution?

At some point you will eventually have to adress the fact you are actively running interference for a bunch of lunatics...

Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes they should.

I am going to buy one in Camo to protest their obvious bigotry.

#Hatrightsmatter.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join