It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

81-year-old Trump supporter assaulted over his MAGA hat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I thought it was allowable to attack anyone who has a MAGA hat these days. I think maybe all republicans should carry one around and stick it on the head of a Liberal as they are beating them up because it is acceptable as long as you have a picture of the person with the hat on to show you thought they were a Trump supporter.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: MrRCflying

My angle is the conservative right does not want it to stop. They want it to escalate so they can go full dirty Harry.

So, if it does stop, could the left give us some pointers on how to create fake incidents to keep the hate going? Nooses? Bleach? Just spitballin' here

Trump supporters in the CPD has you covered.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: IAMTAT

I was thinking about getting one of those hats for my husband,
after reading this,I can't.

Buy two, Mama.
They WANT you to be afraid.

Changed my mind

edit on 27-2-2019 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Yes
Correct

A great many want to use their guns

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: underpass61

My angle is the conservative right does not want it to stop. They want it to escalate so they can go full dirty Harry.

So, if it does stop, could the left give us some pointers on how to create fake incidents to keep the hate going? Nooses? Bleach? Just spitballin' here

Trump supporters in the CPD has you covered.

Hey thanks! I forgot Chicago was MAGA country LOL.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I understand that

My point stands

A great many of the conservative right Maga crowd is itching for a reason to use their guns.
for sure

Of course you are right.
People should defend themselves

I would think it better to actually want the violence and division to stop.

They don't though.

a great many leftovers are assaulting people for the hats they wear. I'd wager if you don't assault people, you likely wouldn't have to worry about the self defense aspect. I for one think it would be better for the idiot left to get a clue before someone does get hurt. You know, just stop being stupid.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Stupid people do stupid things , obviously the guy who assaulted the 81 year old is a stupid person.

Leftists...you know this behavior is wrong and innocent people are being hurt. Get your s#t together before someone gets killed over the simple act of wearing their hat.

You can't blame people who don't support Trump for the actions of a stupid person.
The guy will probably be caught and brought to book for his actions.

You can’t blame people who DO support Trump for the actions of a stupid person.

And yet......

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Sillyolme
wa wa wa .. I am beginning to think all these stories are just that... stories.
Once upon a time in the kingdom of deceit.

You should put on a MAGA hat and go out into public often, and report back.

changed my mind again!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: alldaylong

Episodes like this can be witnessed at a NFC game.

Vikings fans complained on Twitter of witnessing random acts of violence. Some fans whined their Vikings hats were swiped off their heads and tossed into urinals before Eagles fans showed why their team was No. 1 in the NFC

eu.usatoday.com...

So what's all the fuss about? This has been going on for years in football.

This is hands down the worst deflection/whataboutism I've ever seen.

Log off the internet bro.

America is a violent society.

So why are you making this episode such an issue? As i have pointed out, you can find this sort of behaviour anywhere.

I don't think you really understand the point i was trying to make. Do you ?

Of course I understood your point, it was just a really poor one.

Not only are you comparing apples to oranges, but you're essentially saying we shouldn't care about this issue because a few drunken douchebags go at it during a football game.

So in other words, I'm going to go slap a random stranger because I don't like his pink hat and you better not complain because you know, this stuff happens all the time at football games.

See how silly that sounds?

Hundreds, maybe thousands of elderly people have acts of violence enacted against them each and everyday day in America. So why arne't those being mentioned on ATS ?

The answer is a simple one. The chap was wearing a MAGA hat, so there is political point scoring to be made.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

So if the goal of the right is to use their guns, the goal of the left is to provoke and harass them into doing it? I'm pretty sure that if the left could just grow up and try being civil again (forget what Hillary says) this country would be a lot safer and saner. Unless of course as you believe the right would just manufacture their own excuses (as we have seen from the left time and again) and start shootin'. I have serious doubts that would happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

in munich i often see american tourists, mostly biking through the city, but i never saw one with this gaga-hat.
its a statement and for that you must be aware that is making people angry. no reason to get violent but its not suprising because your country seems pretty divided.

That must be the reason Germans are allowing the raping of their women. It's a statement to show skin outside of a burka so your women must be aware it makes people horny. No reason to get rapey but it's not surprising because your country seems pretty divided.
edit on 27-2-2019 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Notice how the cowards only target those who can't defend themselves or they attack in numbers. I'm half tempted to buy a MAGA hat and start wearing it. Let's see how they like looking down the barrel of a 9mm.

Yep coward who did this to an elderly person. You are basically saying someone come up to me and try anything I am going to pull out a gun because I don't have the testicles to stand my ground on my own.

I think people call that a coward.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheReepah

I call it the right to self defense.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Must be that battered women excuse

I tuned her up cause she mouthed off

Right?

He provoked me so I had to use muh steel.

Really does not matter
It's been my opinion for a while
At least a year
Long before these instances

Based of comments made

We have apt of right wing Murica cowboy assholes on here and it is very clear they do not want these instances to stop.
They want more of them so they can be justified in shooting.

When antifa starts some # we get the token right wingers saying how they wish they would come to their town and start something.

Cause the want it

It's not man I hope they stop or if they come to my town I will defend myself.

It's I really wish they would come.

Only for more violence

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Episodes like this can be witnessed at a NFC game.

Vikings fans complained on Twitter of witnessing random acts of violence. Some fans whined their Vikings hats were swiped off their heads and tossed into urinals before Eagles fans showed why their team was No. 1 in the NFC

eu.usatoday.com...

So what's all the fuss about? This has been going on for years in football.

This is hands down the worst deflection/whataboutism I've ever seen.

Log off the internet bro.

America is a violent society.

So why are you making this episode such an issue? As i have pointed out, you can find this sort of behaviour anywhere.

I don't think you really understand the point i was trying to make. Do you ?

Of course I understood your point, it was just a really poor one.

Not only are you comparing apples to oranges, but you're essentially saying we shouldn't care about this issue because a few drunken douchebags go at it during a football game.

So in other words, I'm going to go slap a random stranger because I don't like his pink hat and you better not complain because you know, this stuff happens all the time at football games.

See how silly that sounds?

Hundreds, maybe thousands of elderly people have acts of violence enacted against them each and everyday day in America. So why arne't those being mentioned on ATS ?

The answer is a simple one. The chap was wearing a MAGA hat, so there is political point scoring to be made.

It's simple to you because you're over simplifying it. How many of those thousands you mentioned are being attacked unprovoked due to a piece of clothing? I bet less than 1%.

Context matters you know? If we go by your logic, we wouldn't be discussing anything at all.

Like I said, I get the point you're trying to make, it's just not a very good one, if at all.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Who assaults the elderly?
That is dastardly.

The kind of people that deserve to be the recipient of his right to carry when they do it.......

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Translation:
Right wingers talking sh!t = bad
Left wingers doing sh!t = meh

Thanks for being honest.
edit on 2 27 2019 by underpass61 because: format

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

How many of those thousands you mentioned are being attacked unprovoked due to a piece of clothing?

Some are attacked and set upon purely because they gave someone what is perceived as the wrong type of " look "

So what point are you attempting to make?

If this chap had not been wearing the hat, this story would never have been put onto ATS.

As i said previously, this is all about political point scoring. Sympathy for a purpose.

edit on 27-2-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

If this chap had not been wearing the hat, this story would never have been put onto ATS.

Exactly, because he wouldn't of have been attacked.

Which is the point of this thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

Exactly, because he wouldn't of have been attacked.

Which is the point of this thread.

So where are the threads about elderly people being attacked for other reasons than a hat ?

That's right there aren't any. I wonder why that is? Well there is a obvious answer to that. There is no political mileage to be made is there?

As i said, sympathy with a purpose.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join