It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top General in charge of Homeland Defense states there is no military threat on the southern border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: BlackJackal

Too bad it is the potus' opinion ONLY that matters with respect to the actual law.
Sorry yours differs.

No thankfully that is not the case. We do not live in an authoritarian government yet... if you want to live in a country in which the opinion of the supreme leader is all that matters please move to Russia, North Korea, or Syria.

In this country we have things called checks. You can mark my words, this emergency declared by Trump will be found as unconstitutional even if it goes all the way to the Supreme Court. There is zero evidence to back it up so when it comes to arguing this in court the Trump administration has nothing to stand on.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

You are simply mistaken, and not surprisingly so.
Who gets to invoke the national emergency act?
You know, well perhaps you don't, the actual law that allows the president to declare a national emergency?
Congress gave the president the express power to do this.
Several presidents have done this in the past.
You are simply wrong.
You are butthurt and disagree with the presidents opinion, evidenced here prior in excess.
The house of representatives has exercised their oversight, as written in the law, we await the senates opinion.
As there is actual legislative remedy, the courts won't do ANYTHING about this.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
One question. Why did the same people freaking out now calling him Hitler already allow him to do it 3 times?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
always amusing when the Trump supporters have to deflect and essentially call out Trumps own administration...

I know, it's all the "Deep-state" that infiltrated

anyone who believes it is a "National emergency" just needs to pretend it is to justify their desire to build a fortress

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

lol
Anyone who believes that anyone one other than the potus' opinion of what a "national emergency" is , with respect to the national emergency act, matters is simply deluding themselves, or doesn't understand the law.
Your failure to understand the legal definition does not mean that everyone else does, and only highlights your ignorance on the subject.

The only ones I am "calling out" are those who haven't done the proper research on the national emergency act. My condolences if you fall in that category.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

using "Law" and "Legal" with me is a waste of time...

If Trump wants the wall built he will get it built, everything else is just political show

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

using "Law" and "Legal" with me is a waste of time...

of course it is

wail away.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join