It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top General in charge of Homeland Defense states there is no military threat on the southern border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BlackJackal

Additionally, border crossings are at a 46 year low, so why declare an emergency now?[3]

Come on... you know.
There is an election coming up and he knows if he hasn't delivered on his biggest campaign promise he will not stand a chance.
He has lost much of his base and he is not doing anything to recruit new fans.
Last night the house voted to overturn his stupid decision.

His promise was to build a wall. Do you understand why that wall hasn't been built yet? It's not because of Trump, he's been trying. In the meantime he's done enough to get blacks in his corner and even more people than when he pulled in more votes than any other Republican even though the news told us his approval ratings were less than wehat they are right now. Let that sink in, or bounce off. I don't care.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

"And a big majority of the big drugs -- the big drug loads don't go through ports of entry."

Your quote. So if the really big drug shipments DON'T go through ports of entry, how and where do they cross?

edit on 27-2-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

too bad the majority of people do not think so.

Yea, that's not what you said.

Point proven.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Great there's no ""military threat on the southern border"" 😀

But there's plenty of other threats like smuggling and other illegal stuff.

Red Herring story 😀

Millions of people getting sucked into the MSM BS 😀

The pay-offs to politicians and officials are in the millions too especially Democrats 😎

😀

Did you not read my post? According to Trumps own government there are almost no drug smugglers crossing the border any where other than the ports of entry.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Red Herring story 😀

The pay-offs to politicians and officials are in the millions too especially Democrats 😎

😀

Did you not read my post? According to Trumps own government there are almost no drug smugglers crossing the border any where other than the ports of entry.

That’s not what they said at all. The least you can do is quote them.

It’s drug seizures.
edit on 27-2-2019 by MadLad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Red Herring story 😀

😀

So then obviously then there are no illegal drugs that come from Mexico...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The General is quite right.

There is no serious military threat from either Mexico (who are a US ally) or the cartels.

However Security does not equal Military.

Once again, a well-presented thread trying to bash Trump is completely invalidated in two lines.

This is how solid the leftists' narrative is.

edit on 27/2/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So you're saying drugs aren't seized at locations we have little to no presence at? This is my shocked face.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So you're saying drugs aren't seized at locations we have little to no presence at? This is my shocked face.

So you’re saying that just because you believe it to be happening we should spend billions of dollars on a wall? Literally, no proof other than your personal belief that crazed psycho Mexican drug lord rapists are crossing the border at some extremely remote secret desert location that no one in law enforcement knows exist like it’s the autobahn?

You literally think it’s ok to declare a national emergency and throw away billions of dollars just because you believe something is happening? You have no solid proof that the problem you are attempting to solve even exists.

edit on 27-2-2019 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

As opposed to "I pledge allegiance to stupidity"

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
trump promised his base a wall, they are foaming at the mouth for it and trump has to get it to inflate his ego. never mind the stats and valid points mentioned by the general about where the majority of drugs are crossing (ports) or that illegal crossings in general being at a 46 year low etc etc BUILD THE WALL BUILD THE WALL!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Red Herring story 😀

😀

Democrat infiltrators say anything 😎

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
what a misleading and junk thread.

Trump never said it was a 'military' threat - there's no military trying to cross the border.

The problem is drugs, people smuggling, sex slaves and gangs crossing the border and committing crimes against Americans.

The General said:

Asked if it is a national emergency, he said, it is a “national issue” that requires a “whole-of-government approach.”

Its painful watching people willing to expose their country to drugs and crime and MS13 gangs just so they can obstruct Trump. Someone who is willing to allow their country to be put in danger for political points should be shipped off to south america, because apparently there's no problems there that need a border

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So you’re saying that just because you believe it to be happening we should spend billions of dollars on a wall? Literally, no proof other than your personal belief that crazed psycho Mexican drug lord rapists are crossing the border at some extremely remote secret desert location that no one in law enforcement knows exist like it’s the autobahn?

what are you, 12?

What % of the border has a security barrier
Do you believe there are enough resources to put 1 person on every square meter of open border?

So yes, there are large open paths that people are and have been crossing for quite some time. If there were NOT these large gaps - then there'd be no problem, there'd be no need for resources, drones, border patrols etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Lol
Can the general use the national emergency act?
Can the general stop the potus from using it?

Nope
His opinion is worth the same as any here.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

what are you, 12?

What % of the border has a security barrier
Do you believe there are enough resources to put 1 person on every square meter of open border?

So yes, there are large open paths that people are and have been crossing for quite some time. If there were NOT these large gaps - then there'd be no problem, there'd be no need for resources, drones, border patrols etc.

What are you 9?

Sure there are gaps in the border but guess what? Those areas are mostly desolate areas incredibly hard to traverse and thus people steer clear of them.

But let’s play your game. I think the Chinese are secretly using these gaps in the border to cross over and setup a. Early staging area, I don’t know, somewhere in New Mexico. I have as much proof of my claim as you do of yours. So should we make decisions based off what I think is happening? Should we confront the Chinese and tell them to stop crossing our borders and immediately shut down their base in New Mexico? Because we declared a national emergency because of the fear that multitudes of unarmed immigrants are “invading” our country. We should really act on the new threat from China.

The thing is that you don’t have the capability to see how flawed your logic is. You are sooo sure that you are correct and that is based completely on the thought in your head that there must be these people crossing the border. There must be, I know I don’t have proof, but I feel it in my bones that it’s happening.

Now let’s say you do put up a wall from sea to shining sea. Let’s even paint it red white and blue with Trumps name emblazoned in gold every 30 feet. Also, this wall is 30 feet high and made of reinforced steel and concrete. My god it is gorgeous isn’t it? You can see it in you head right?

Now will that really stop immigrants? All they need is a ladder and some rope. Just like you said there are so many unpatroled areas. If they want in, they can still get in. A wall changes nothing.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Sounds more and more echo-ey here all the time. You can count the people who question Dear Leader's methods on one hand.

"I pledge allegiance to Donald Trump..."

One major flaw in your "logic". The vast majority of people that are for the wall were for the wall long before Trump appeared in the scene. Convenient that you leftists ALWAYS seem to forget that little tidbit when talking about this subject isn't it?

You lot act like people on the right JUST got behind the issue.

Either you are lying to push a particular narrative or you are incredibly ignorant and uninformed.

Which is it?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Liberal News

Most drugs are not seized at the border.
Most people crossing are not criminals.
Most people want a better life.

Conservative News

Some drugs are seized at the border.
Some people crossing are criminals.
Some people want a better life.

It does not matter which. One Kilo is one too many. One shipment of underage prostitutes is one too many. Besides this guy is in charge of NORAD not Homeland Security. He has an opinion is all and it is his right.

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002019-02-28T23:44:13-06:001113 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

One of those reasons was that tons of drugs and illegal immigrants were pouring through the border. Yet, according to his own administration only a small percentage occurred between ports of entry.

Ok, so if there is only a small percentage "occurring between ports of entry,' then would stand to reason that the majority are not.
From your first source:

Clandestinely produced fentanyl is trafficked into the United States primarily from China and Mexico, and is responsible for the ongoing fentanyl epidemic.

Epidemic? Sounds like an emergency, no?

It's cool you found a couple of folks who disagree with Trump to support your own bias as well.

That is correct, the majority is not crossing in the areas between poets of entry. The majority takes place at ports of entry, in which you have to pass through manned security. So that means a wall will change nothing. I’m sorry but I don’t understand your argument at all, it really seems you are agreeing with me.....

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

You are making assumptions that there is an epidemic of border crossings. It’s your “feeling” that people are crossing the border and not being apprehended. You have nothing more than your own opinion as proof. Is that enough proof to spend billions of dollars?

Also, build your wall and like you point out many areas of the border are unpatrolled therefore they can still get over the wall with a ladder and a rope.

So what if I say I think North Korea is sending soldiers across our southern border? That statement holds just as much weight as your argument that surely there are tons of immigrants coming into the country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join