It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top General in charge of Homeland Defense states there is no military threat on the southern border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: shooterbrody

Too bad it is the potus' opinion ONLY that matters with respect to the actual law.

The POTUS opinion doesn't matter either, his opinion doesn't dictate law.

Its not law
Its a national emergency

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The only thing Trump has done is try to close the door the last guy left open.

But the usual suspects don't want that.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Anyone who's using the excuse that the wall is to stop the flood of drugs entering the country is a dimwit, there is far to much evidence that the vast majority comes via ports of entry. If you want to address drugs address the ports by adding more agents and also deal with the root cause: addiction.

If you want a wall for other reasons then don't be a dimwit and include drugs.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

No military threat.

Drugs and sex trafficking are not a mlitary threat.

If we are to discuss politics, can't we at least have some honesty? This petty trolling and misconstruing words to spin a story is just....dumb.

Next we should ask the head the CDC about the economics of the tax cuts. Would be just as insightful.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Seems congress left out the dimwit exclusion test when they passed the national emergencies act.
Using their own law against them seems not so dimwitted to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Under El Chapo the points of entry moved to overland routes along the border. Since El Chapo, his networks have moved into the hands of other people. But, like the Silk Road, once trade routes are established they likely won't die without massive natural upheavals.

That being said, much of it is tunnels. So there's that.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That being said, much of it is tunnels. So there's that.

All Trump has to do is use the Feds super duper secret earthquake machine to take care of those.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

One general says there's no military threat. Ok thanks.

The entire Border Patrol Agency down at the southern border say they need a wall and affirm what Trump says. You go ahead and tell yourself whatever you need to, and take the word of one guy over a thousand miles away from the border instead of the word of hundreds that are down there in the # everyday. Makes total sense. I bet you would've denied more arms and ammunition to our guys in Benghazi, too, because someone here told you they were fine.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Seems congress left out the dimwit exclusion test when they passed the national emergencies act.
Using their own law against them seems not so dimwitted to me.

Congress = dimwit central.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I posted this in another thread:

“Another metric would be the amount of — and it mostly comes through ports of entry, which is another discussion that we can certainly have here, but the amount of drugs that come through,” John Kelly, former Chief of Staff for President Trump.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I don't deny that.
I guess we are bigger dimwits for putting them there.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Additionally, border crossings are at a 46 year low, so why declare an emergency now?[3]

Come on... you know.
There is an election coming up and he knows if he hasn't delivered on his biggest campaign promise he will not stand a chance.
He has lost much of his base and he is not doing anything to recruit new fans.
Last night the house voted to overturn his stupid decision.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I don't deny that.
I guess we are bigger dimwits for putting them there.

Or dragging them forcibly from their offices to be tar and feathered on the National Mall for what would be the highest rated reality program of all time.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Thats right no country has open borders. No one is trying to make it so either.
This is not about security its about an election.
Hes gonna be busy in court anyway soooooooo,

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

too bad the majority of people do not think so.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Sounds more and more echo-ey here all the time. You can count the people who question Dear Leader's methods on one hand.

"I pledge allegiance to Donald Trump..."

Why does it sound like that? Oh I don't know, because most of the people posting in the thread have the common sense to see through the BS. A general said there's no military threat. Do you think that means a wall shouldn't be built or something? I mean, nobody said there was a military threat, so what's the point in bringing it up and boasting about a top general saying there isn't one? Everyone already knew that.

What you're counting on one hand are the number of people rely on biased opinion instead of logic and fact.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

That sounds like a new national fitness plan.
Fight obesity!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
So your argument is that the southern border doesn't present a threat on the level of China and Russia who have nukes, biological weapons and massive armies?

Wow!! What a shocker!

That does not in any way mean that the border isn't a national emergency.

I think Canada should build a will on the northern border to prevent the flood of refugees when the American Civil war Part 2 kicks off in about 10-15 years.

They won't have to. The left will migrate to the west coast where they can live in the seceded western part of the country and we can wall them off so that they don't start flooding us once they run out of money and aren't getting their food stamps and welfare. Hollywood and liberal elites can only pay so much.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
When the cats away....the mice tell the truth!

The thing is that no sensible judge can uphold trumps position on this. It goes well beyond the reasons in the op. The main thing is that congress has debated the issue and decided on a set amount of funds to be put into the situation. No judge can usurp the congress and allow funds to be laundered from one cause to another when congress has already addressed the issue.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think this is great news!

We have no military threats on our southern border, and I assume no military threats on our northern border as well. That means we no longer have a need for a standing army. Congratulations, soldiers! You did it!

The entire US Army can now turn in their guns, collect their last paychecks, and go home. The militias can take it from here, if the need arises. We'll hold on to the Navy and Air Force until they can tell us our coastlines and airspace are free from military threats.

I think we can also assume we have no military threats inside our borders as well, so law enforcement can turn in all of their military grade weapons for destruction. The weaponry that ordinary citizens are allowed to have should be sufficient for them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join