It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police warn against new teen trend of burning plastic trash cans, inhaling fumes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Police in the United Kingdom are warning about a dangerous new trend of teens lighting plastic garbage cans on fire and inhaling their fumes.

Authorities were prompted to speak out about the bizarre new craze after several "extremely dangerous" incidents were reported in the Greater Manchester area, the Mirror reports.

Dyes used to make the trash cans - more commonly known as wheelie bins in the U.K. - emit a fume when lit on fire that can produce a high when inhaled, much like other solvents such as glue or gas. Fumes from the plastic bins, however, are "highly toxic" and reportedly more dangerous than other solvents.

The incidents in Manchester were concentrated in one specific area, Longsight Park, according to police.

UK police warn against new teen trend of burning plastic trash cans, inhaling fumes

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
American teens eat Tide pods and British teens huff burning refuse.

Western civilization is in good hands.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Natural selection is back in style!!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I'm still not convinced. 🤔

I honestly think Fox may have gotten the article from some kind of bunk fake spun news from overseas.

Why on Earth would anyone stoop this low when you could abuse household items like rubbing alcohol, cleaners, glue, paint, etc. Let's not mention actual drugs that are more commonly abused. Yes, if it's real, it's a drug technically but so would be ingesting the feces of an animal to get high, and not something grown from it either.

It'd be epic to deny ignorance on Fox or any mainstream media organization.

de·nyDictionary result for deny
/dəˈnī/Submit
verb
state that one refuses to admit the truth or existence of.
"they deny any responsibility for the tragedy"
synonyms: contradict, repudiate, gainsay, declare untrue, dissent from, disagree with, challenge, contest, oppose

ig·no·ranceDictionary result for ignorance
/ˈiɡnərəns/Submit
noun
lack of knowledge or information.
"he acted in ignorance of basic procedures"
synonyms: incomprehension, unawareness, unconsciousness, inexperience, innocence

Refusing to admit a lack of knowledge or information: fake news 😲
edit on 2/26/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sad but true....
Teens Inhaling Wheelie Bin Fumes
Chronicle North
Similar thing happened with bus shelters too..sigh

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Sad but true....
Teens Inhaling Wheelie Bin Fumes
Chronicle North
Similar thing happened with bus shelters too..sigh

timing is perfect.
uk government have passed legislation for opt-out organ donations. seems there will be a demand for lung and brain transplants lol!

and as it is longsight the home of ian brown------------'caught you in a ring of fire, happy days are all ablaze'!

f.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Better than Jenkem I suppose..

The idocracy is now steaming ahead at full tilt.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
just give them weed and be done with it stop trying to micro manage everyones life

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Steven Tyler from Aerosmith used to smoke plastic combs for the high when he was a kid.
The ones they would sell in the old condom machines in bathrooms.

Smoking plastic isnt new. Just being noticed again!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I've lived in Longsight and it's a grim rough place, I'm not surprised kids round there want to get off their heads in the cheapest way possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hey man, it could be worse, much worse;

Jenkem is an inhalant and hallucinogen created from fermented human waste. In the mid-1990s, it was reported to be a popular street drug among Zambian street children. They would put the feces and urine in a jar and cover it with a balloon then let it ferment out in the sun, then afterwards they would inhale the fumes created.

Jenkem - Wiki

I'm with ToysForAdults (how appropriate, lol), just legalise the 'erb and let people get on with it, if one is so inclined they're 'gonna get high in one way or another.

If I remember right, up in Russia they're drinking high-alcohol-content shampoo and dying, just for kicks.

Fun times,

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So? thats just Vaping!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Christ sake, i hate the destruction of public property for stupid reasons, i hope the silly sods burn there nose.

Can they not just go into a convenience store or all night Esso garage, and purchase a can of gas or lighter fluid to buzz, like any other common variety every day back of the bus junkie bastard types? LoL
edit on 27-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think the title makes it sound more like it's a UK epidemic but it's only one area of Manchester, England.

I also think it's irresponsible for the paper to report that the dye used in the bins can cause a high...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Wait.

Is this actually happening?
lol.

You know what if they're actually stupid enough to be doing this, let them.

Cigarettes and coc aine aren't hard to come by,
why on earth people would inhale plastic and dog s*** fumes is beyond reasoning.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaghettiHero

Remove all the warning labels and let nature take its course is my thinking on the matter.

edit on 27-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Check out Krokodil, another Russian thing.
www.drugs.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Fentanyl will be the real contender, it's 50-100 times more potent than Morphine.

It's replacing/supplementing Heroin(Smack) on our streets and in our town and cities as we speak.

And a simple 3-milligram dose of Fentanyl is enough to kill an average-sized adult male.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yup, it's been going on here for some time, an average of 3 deaths a day
globalnews.ca...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
FFS... I wonder how many of these american pod swollowing losers and trash can huffing Britons suffer from a lack of wilderness education including, hunting, fishing, fire building, shelter building, etc and etc.

Swallowing a tide pod, and snuffing a trash fire.... sheer stupidity from both sides of the pond.

Expose our children to the wild to increase common sense!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join