It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go, House blocks Trump's National Emergency

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It was nice to have one less ignorant poster on these forums for the month or so break you took. 

Yes, the echo chamber is nice isn't it? Your biases can continue to be confirmed every day without any opposing viewpoints. 😂

But please do carry on your narrative of being 'woke', the rest of us here will continue to deny ignorance...

I guess you haven't seen the Q thread? A lot of "woke" people in there, the same people who parrot the same talking points as you. 😂

Please, tell me again how "woke" I am when you have an entire encyclopedia of threads pertaining to a "great awakening". 😂

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ignorance again. Caused by presumptions of grandiose.

Keep it up though, I think some new members haven't been introduced to your level of ignorance yet.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I guess your definition of ignorance is anyone who doesn't worship Trump or buy into the narrative being pushed by the MSM? 😂

But please, tell me how "woke" I am when your compatriots are going all in on a supposed "great awakening" spearheaded by a completely anonymous user on 4chan. 😂

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I guess

Ignorance defined. You automatically assume, you don't apply any critical thinking, and YOU follow a narrative.

The resolution won't make it past the senate, care to discuss that? You know, the OP...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Guessing is now ignorance? Ok. 😂

Of course it won't amount to anything, that's usually what smoke and mirrors are used for, to keep people chasing that carrot. How many people have been arrested since Trump was elected? Is Hillary in jail? What about Obama? Who exactly has gone to jail?

Like I said, smoke and mirrors. 😂
edit on 2/27/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Guessing is now ignorance? Ok. 😂

Of course it won't amount to anything, that's usually what smoke and mirrors are used for, to keep people chasing that carrot. How many people have been arrested since Trump was elected? Is Hillary in jail? What about Obama? Who exactly has gone to jail?

Like I said, smoke and mirrors. 😂

So your only interested in the soap opera part of politics. Gotcha. And yes, guessing is indeed ignorance if you constantly guess wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

What soap opera? I'm interested in the psychology of politics and how easily people are corralled into their respective ideological corners.

Who has been sent to jail? All I see are a bunch of people bickering over what the media spoon feeds them on a daily basis, no one going to jail though. Lots of back and forth without anyone facing any real consequences. Lots of "bombshells" that have gone absolutely nowhere. 3 years and no end in sight.

Don't expect it to change, it's just a bunch of smoke and mirrors to distract people from actual issues.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The vote is dem 232 yea 0 nay.

Repubs 13 yea 182 nay.

The senate only needs 4 republicans to flip and word is they already have three.

looks like this will go to trumps desk to be vetoed.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: shooterbrody

No offense, but I think I'll pass. I've come to realize that any thread that doesn't toe the party line will be ignored and/or devolve into a pissing contest.

So then please end all that drift with me here.
As that is in no way the thread topic but yours alone.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm not sure if he can legally stall that long. Although I as admit I might be wrong I think the law gives a tlme limit for when they have to vote. But well I can understand why he would want to stall. Who knows maybe the cases will get through court's quick enough and do their jobs for them.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The senate has 18 days I think.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: trb71

From what I understand, Trump cannot veto a resolution.

But, there is a 2/3 majority required to override the emergency declaration in the first place:

A joint resolution passed by both chambers requires presidential signature, giving the president veto power over the termination (requiring a two-thirds majority in both houses in the case of a contested termination)

Wikipedia

Resolutions have no force or effect. Its basically Congress putting their opinion in writing. If the President agrees with the resolution and signs it its called a joint resolution. If the President doesnt agree with it and doesnt sign it then its a concurrent resolution.

Either way the manner in which Democrats in the house are behaving one would think they run the entire government. Hell Pelosi already thinks she is at the same level as that of the President.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Either way the manner in which Democrats in the house are behaving one would think they run the entire government. Hell Pelosi already thinks she is at the same level as that of the President.

This may come as a surprise to you but there's a concept laid out in the US Constitution known as the separation of powers through checks and balances. To put it simply, all branches are equal.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The House passed what's called a 'privileged measure' which means it's not subject to filibuster and must be voted on by the Senate within a few weeks. It requires a simple majority in either chamber to pass.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join