It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted Felon Michael Cohen Expected To Testify That Trump Broke Laws as U.S. President.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
From your link:
“I would personally like to stand face to face with you and I will punch you in the jaw! And you can lock me up and put me in jail, my friend. I ain’t got a problem with it,” he reportedly said in the phone call.
An additional threat included Butkiewicz adding that “we’ve got a bullet right for your ear from the state of people in Virginia.”

Is flint shipping water to Va?
A collection of nutbags.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
From your link:
“I would personally like to stand face to face with you and I will punch you in the jaw! And you can lock me up and put me in jail, my friend. I ain’t got a problem with it,” he reportedly said in the phone call.
An additional threat included Butkiewicz adding that “we’ve got a bullet right for your ear from the state of people in Virginia.”

Is flint shipping water to Va?
A collection of nutbags.

Cohen is little Mikey, the Mafia wanna-be. Look what he has up his sleeve for Wednesday's Open Session:

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and fixer, will provide documents to the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday that he says prove Trump committed “illicit” acts, according to prepared congressional testimony obtained by POLITICO.

The documents include one of 11 checks that Trump purportedly wrote, after he became president,to reimburse Cohen for a hush-money payment to the adult-film actress Stormy Daniels, who alleges she had an affair with Trump.

Cohen says the money came from Trump’s personal bank account.

He will also provide the committee with a copy of the $130,000 wire transfer to Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, that ensured she would remain silent about the alleged affair during the run-up to the 2016 presidential election.
More at: www.politico.com...

That's all Cohen's got?!?!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It looks like the President's scheduled meeting with Kim Jung-Un has been moved up by one hour. They will be finished with meeting #1 before Cohen starts whining, and the Congressmen start show-boating.

This article contains the President's Vietnam Schedule for today (Wednesday), along with an embedded streaming video link.
theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It's 3am on the East Coast. CNN has already started their demonic speculation and count-down to Michael Cohen's "Historic Bombshell" testimony before Congress today.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Only thing I have heard about that is that it might be a signed check by trump for the money paid to hush up stormy.

What have you heard the evidence might be?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Cohen is an absolute P.O.S.

After reading his opening state that amounts to NOTHING for ad homenim after ad homenin, AND he's a convicted liar.

There is no real point to the hearing.

Just a platform to denigrate a sitting president that amounts to nothing more than the countries most expensive campaign tv ad.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

A "con man".
Isn't that something.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
it's went from Trump colluding and being a puppet for Russia to a few tax dodges and Cohen being caught out.

the media sensationalism over him is ridiculous, watch less media, read more. best advice i could give to anyone swallowing the sensationalist bull#.

America has had presidents oversee secret government experiments on their own people, collusion and coverups. No one seemed to blink. Now everyone wants to hound trump for getting his hole FFS.
edit on 27-2-2019 by Stu112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Wake up! He was protecting the slime-ball in chief. The biggest liar of them all is the one that's been lying to you and the American people for the past 2 years! It's simply amazing how Americans like you can ignore the blatant lies and contradictions of this president. Now you're going to call this attorney who Trump said he “always liked” and that he’s a “good person.” type of guy! Even his own clown attorney Rudy Giuliani claimed Cohen as being honest. He now calls Cohen a pathetic liar, lol. Pathetic? Trump should look at himself in the mirror, he's the definition of a pathetic liar.

Cohen is only honest and a good person as long as he's a lap dog, and a fixer for his client Donald Trump! What more proof do you need after this president has fired and ridiculed numerous advisers for failing to back him up, of who happened to disagree with him??? Cohen is simply someone who has decided to take responsibility for doing things illegally on behalf of his client. Who knows, maybe his wife knocked some sense into him and told him he can't continue to lie and defend this self-absorbed billionaire? Maybe his pending jail time has made him realize what a fool he was to allow Trump's popularity and money influence him and ruin his life? The guys only human and to think just because he lied to protect his client doesn't mean you ignore his future testimony especially when it's backed up by documentation, which would prove his honesty. I think Cohen hit the nail on the head with this comment...

"I will not be a punching bag as part of anyone's defense strategy," Cohen said. "I am not a villain of this story, and I will not allow others to try to depict me that way."

It's sad that many Trump supporters can't step-back and clear their minds of this president's ignorant and repetitive lies and take notice of the number of lawsuits Trump and his business is currently embroiled in. He has taken numerous steps to prevent exposing his taxes, hiring illegals, questionable business practices, his non-physical ailments for draft deferments, and his education transcripts.

Trump runs this presidency and his business like organized crime. Loyalty and lying for the top mob boss is the #1 priority in his book. Failure to follow Trump's lead no matter how wrong or illegal it is, has dire consequences for someone who feels their integrity is worth more than protecting someone who is ruthless and lies to the American people. The consequences for exposing the dishonesty or not falling into-line with self-centered poor decision making is met with firings, ridicules, intimidation, or threatened with law suits and/or exposing dirt on someone's personal life. What more does Trump need to do until brainwashed supporters realize this is not normal and not good for the country?

Are we a country who just sits back and thinks a president or any elected official is above the law? Does it mean just because the current president is affiliated with your political party, or you voted for him, or you like some of the things he's done, it's a reason to ignore facts and his poor character? His divisiveness, his incompetency and his contradictions are just a few of the many glaring problems with this President.

I know if Trump wasn't a billionaire or president and was just an ordinary American citizen, he would have been fired from his job months ago and would probably be sitting behind bars. Not only for what's being done while he's in office but by his own questionable business practices. Money buys silence and protection. It's done everyday in this country, and to deny that is ignoring the basic human need for money. Trump can smile from ear to ear waving his executive pardons knowing he can protect himself and his cronies from jail time. Ask yourself, how many times can you pardon a relative, a friend or yourself from being prosecuted? NEVER, sure sounds like our president and other elected officials don't play by the same justice game the rest of us are expected to play. By supporting this unfair privilege, American citizens are shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
From "the prepared statement"

"Questions have been raised about whether I know of direct evidence that Mr. Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia," "I do not. I want to be clear. But, I have my suspicions."

well now
another says trump or his campaign did not collude with russia...
but this guy is going to jail for lying to the fbi....
There is this nugget that will surely be the downfall of the orange cheeto bandito

trying to strongarm academic officials into keeping his SAT scores secret

the utter gall....the humanity....

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: baddmove

trump lies on a regular basis... surely none of you have a problem with liars.

Obviously you don't. I'm sure you voted to re-elect Obama after Obamacare.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
They say cohen is criminal so nothing he says can be believed.

Jussie's unlicensed pharma brothers are to be believed at all cost though.

#conservativeconvenience

So was Kavanaugh's accuser ... so was Chief No Bull -- he was accosted by those MAGA teens!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The main "crime" was daring to work for Trump. After that, they nailed him on anything and everything else he ever did. Same with Manafort.

Lots of other people are just as slimy as those two (Podesta brothers) and they continue to pretty much walk free. Do you know why? They work for the "right" people and engage in their crimes for the "right" people, so they get away with it. Justice is blinded conveniently when it comes to them.

So are they clean? No. Do they deserve to get hung out? Probably? Are we all cynical as hell about this? Yeah because we know if you're going to hang these guys out ... all of K Street deserves the same damn treatment and won't get it because they work for the "right" people and not a president who was never supposed to win that the "right" people can't stand.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Out of interest, if it turns out he has broken the law and lied numerous times (as claimed), would you still support him? Or would you then support prosecution?

I'm asking because it sometimes comes across on ATS that Trump can do no wrong and that if he does, then so what? Others do it too......

That strikes me as rather odd.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
HA! This guy was convicted of lying to Congress, but NOW everything he says is purely the "undeniable truth" to Congress.

How quaint...and reassuring.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

That's a fair question.

Answer: Sure...provided the same standards of "breaking the law" used for Trump as they were for every other president and presidential candidates in recent memory are used!! Just so long as the same standards of investigations and justice are used for Trump as they were for Hillary Clinton, Obama, Bush, Bill Clinton, etc.

edit on 2/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Has he? Are you going to take the word of a convicted perjurer on it? Especially one who is testifying behind closed doors? Especially one who, if he had truly damning information, would never have been allowed to do this because he'd be needed for the real investigation by the special prosecutor?

As for the payments to his mistresses, we all knew he was sleeping around. If you didn't, you were living under a rock. That's how come he's had as many wives as he's had. Every single one was precipitated by an affair (sleeping around on one's wife) and divorce. The only question on that was if he used campaign funds. Since he used a lot of his own money as campaign funds, are we deeming any expenditure of his own money in campaign related capacity to be use of campaign funds? That seems to be the "crime" we're talking about there.

The other things are all more nebulous at this point. Known timelines on the Wiki stuff would make it tough for him to have known about those things early unless Cohen has something groundbreaking, but then again, if he did, why is he being allowed to talk to Congress? My guess is that he has a claim that cannot be verified, so it's all his word, and since his word has been perjured, it's useless without other corroborating evidence that Mueller doesn't have.

I'm guessing his other claims are the same. So he's basically some blood to throw in the water to keep the impeachment sharks happy, but not much else.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks for the answer.

It's quite simple for me and should be the same for everyone. If he is guilty (with evidence), he should be prosecuted. If not, then it needs to stop.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I asked if he was guilty, would you still support him?

Your answer (still appreciated) is more of a rundown of what is reported to be facing him (which appears spurious). Ignore what we think we know for a moment, it is simply if he is guilty, with credible evidence, would you still support him?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Well, let's look at how misuse of campaign funds has been handled with other presidents. Hmm, they all pay a fine and that's the end of it.

So even assuming you can classify those payments as misuse of funds, the appropriate punishment that other presidents have been handed is a fine. Just because of what those payments were for makes no difference. That's a moral question for people to answer during voting not a crime in and of itself especially as legal agreements between parties were involved that were broken. Not to mention that actual action we're talking about took place long before the campaign itself.

As for anything else ... it has yet to be determined what if anything he may actually have or not have.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join