It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinction Rebellion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

We could just have a little extinction chat, ya know. I dunno.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

OK snowflake - you go first.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Go on. I'll bite.
"Fly today, die tomorrow" is one of ER's slogans.
Why is this not bollox? Discuss, 200 words.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Any links to an in-depth explanation...? From the tiny tiny bit Iv'e read, Ice caps help reflect heat.
d..

And guess where they reflect it? Back into the atmosphere to be captured by the evil carbon dioxide molecule...

edit on 23-10-2019 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No matter what you do, say or try

you STILL die

100% of the time

we should work on that huh??

it's kinda important...

😲😲🐱‍👤🐱‍👤😲😲🐱‍👤🐱‍👤

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

No one gets out of here alive.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

They don't police slogans, and transportation accounts for appr. 15% of our emissions.

Not enough, nice try tho. Which is the reason why I believe we need a public discourse and democratic votes to hash out the details.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Sorry old chap - don't understand yer banter.
Cabbage crates over the briney?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

More like cabbage in the brainy.

don't understand yer banter

You have no idea how often one could read that line in responses. It's brave new poetry, essentially. The transition to a more idiotic level, with something along those line of "and I don't even care", shouldn't take too long now.

Bier?

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Not a big Python fan I take it then?

D'ye no have a sense of humour?

edit on 26-10-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

[...]The final few days of the talks were particularly charged, with activists ramping up pressure on negotiators to come to a strong agreement. On Thursday, UN security officials blocked observers from entering the conference venue after Indigenous groups staged a sit-in protest.

In a less eloquent move, Extinction Rebellion delivered a pile of horse manure to the conference venue.

As the summit’s closing plenary was repeatedly pushed back on Saturday, a group of NGOs, trade unions and Indigenous groups held their own final meeting instead. Claiming to represent the majority of ordinary people outside the conference, they aimed to show what could have been delivered if the countries most historically responsible for the climate crisis and the biggest polluters “had[...]

‘The eyes of the people are on us’: Anger boils over at climate summit as nations fail to agree serious commitments

[...]
The bankrupt ideologies of globalization and neoliberalism, formulated and used to justify the consolidation of wealth and power as well as the ecocide that is devastating the planet, have, however, lost their credibility. Neoliberalism, the idea that once regulations on corporations and trade barriers are lifted and taxes slashed, a society will prosper, was always an absurdity. None of its promises could be defended by the history and theory of economics. Concentrating wealth in the hands of a global oligarchic elite—eight families now hold as much wealth as 50 percent of the world’s population—while demolishing government controls and regulations, sending production to the global south, privatizing public services and destroying labor unions does not distribute wealth. Allowing global speculators to use money lent to them by the government at virtually zero percent interest to buy back their stock does not distribute wealth. Permitting corporations to engage in structured asset destruction through inflation, to strip assets through mergers and acquisitions, to raise the levels of debt incumbency to enforce debt peonage on the public, to engage in corporate fraud that includes the dispossession of assets, does not distribute wealth. The raiding of pension funds, credit and stock manipulations and looting the U.S. Treasury when the bubbles and Ponzi schemes evaporate does not distribute wealth. Such actions funnel wealth to those at the top. They create enormous income inequality and monopoly power. They fuel discontent and political extremism. They make the planet uninhabitable for most species. They destroy democracy.
[...]
The loss of credibility of the reigning ideology has led the ruling elites to forge an alliance with right-wing, neofascist demagogues such as Trump and Johnson who employ the tropes of racism, Islamophobia, homophobia, bigotry and misogyny to channel the public’s growing rage and frustration away from the corporate elites and toward the vulnerable. These demagogues accelerate the pillage. They accelerate the hatred, racism and violence that act as a diversion. And they accelerate the social unrest that becomes the excuse for the imposition of tyranny. Hope lies in the streets. Millions of people in Hong Kong, India, Chile, France, Iran, Iraq and Lebanon understand. It is time to join them.

Hope Lies in the Streets

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

OK. And a very Merry Christmas to you too.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Just remember to do your part so you can say "I told you so" when Earth turns into Waterworld.

What exactly ARE you doing to save the Earth from this never before seen meltdown?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What the World Would Look Like...

The West Coast comes out looking pretty good, but the East Coast not so much.
We don't need the East Coast anyway.

Looks like I need to rethink where I'm living now in Alaska, or buy a submarine motorhome.

Why they almost scare the money out of me, but not quite.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I can't see your link because I's not a member. Can you post the picture?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Works for me just fine and I'm not a member of anything. It's a National Geographic article. You should be able to see it?

Nat Geo images can't be downloaded, so I can't paste them.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Just remember to do your part so you can say "I told you so" when Earth turns into Waterworld.

What exactly ARE you doing to save the Earth from this never before seen meltdown?

There's nothing I can do, except for some civil disobedience and education on the topic.
We have similar maps linked already, you can use this site to get the same results:
www.floodmap.net...

You can keep your money, all of it. Not dumping the planet will actually cost you less money than ruling the world like a bunch of pricks with a military nobody needs.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

You can keep your money, all of it. Not dumping the planet will actually cost you less money than ruling the world like a bunch of pricks with a military nobody needs.

So, you support carbon credits and other scams, or did you mischaracterize what I implied and not understand the reference?

Which wealthy people do you support? Increasing their wealth with things like carbon credits and other scams is their goal is it not? The people pushing things like that with their financial support, seem to have unusually large bank accounts.

If food and energy prices increase and they will, lots of innocents will end up victims, but the Al Gores of the world will be able to buy bigger jets and larger mansions. Barnum would be proud of them.

Are you capable of debating with others without calling anyone adolescent names? I don't dislike people on the other side of this debate and respect your point of view. Personally I debate to learn, not to make it personal. I'll tell my personal military to stand down. Odd though since I'm opposed to war except in self defense. Profiling is wrong, since the world is shades of gray. Nobody is all in on one side or the other unless they are irrational or brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Still nobody has been able to explain why, if AGW is happening and these predictions of coastal chaos are accepted as factual among elites when they are behind closed doors, all of these supposedly "in the know" elites continue to spend billions of dollars to acquire oceanfront property, move their families to oceanfront estates, and essentially continue to treat the nation's coastal areas as Meccas.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join