It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinction Rebellion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Newsflash_

[...]There’s a general consensus that this is unlawful overreach and that it risks criminalising anyone who seeks to protest about the climate and ecological emergency,” he said. The application was accepted for a directions hearing at 2pm on Thursday.

One of the applicants in the case is Ellie Chowns, a Green MEP who was among those arrested under the new order on Trafalgar Square on Monday night. She said she had not been part of the protests and had been arrested after asking questions of police officers about the legality of their actions.

She said: “I do plan to go to Trafalgar Square at lunchtime today to stand in solidarity with the Extinction Rebellion protesters because I believe that the right to protest peacefully in a public place is a fundamental cornerstone of our democracy.”
[...]

Extinction Rebellion defies protest ban and targets Google

Yes, you saw that right. A protest ban. Cuz... err... safety and terror or something. The economy? Free Markets! No? Because climate protest is a staged event by design, controlled by the elites? Doesn't make much sense, does it?

However, possibly one of those moronic decisions to radicalize protesters and start a revolution with. Thanks, I guess?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

When it comes to the Climate Crisis you are either a hypocrite or an arsehole. The time has come to decide which you'd rather be.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Heres an update from London, England and the mayhem caused to the trains.

ABOUT TIME! Fed Up And Furious London Commuters Throw Climate Change Thugs ‘Extinction Rebellion’ Off Top Of Commuter Train And Rough Them Up

Guardian

At the end of the two-week global “uprising”, members of the movement’s political circle announced that it needed to learn from the angry scenes at Canning Town tube station last Thursday when commuters dragged protesters from the roof of an underground train and set upon them. Eight XR activists were arrested during the disruption, joining a total of 1,768 held during the fortnight of demonstrations. British Transport Police confirmed it was also investigating and looking to acquire evidence against a number of commuters who appeared to embark on a vigilante-style attack on one of the Canning Town protesters.

edit on 20-10-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Mayham caused to the trains? Sure. Those trains might never have a happy day in their tube life ever again. They're very likely going be traumatized forever!

Climate Change Thugs

Thugs mass-murdering good shopping time. Right. Do those bickering and bitching commuters on their way to work even know what context looks like?

We live in an age of radical evil. The architects of this evil are despoiling the earth and driving the human species toward extinction. They are stripping us of our most basic civil liberties and freedoms. They are orchestrating the growing social inequity, concentrating wealth and power in the hands of a cabal of global oligarchs. They are destroying our democratic institutions, turning elected office into a system of legalized bribery, stacking our courts with judges who invert constitutional rights so that unlimited corporate money invested in political campaigns is disguised as the right to petition the government or a form of free speech. Their seizure of power has vomited up demagogues and con artists including Donald Trump and Boris Johnson, each the distortion of a failed democracy. They are turning America’s poor communities into internal militarized colonies where police carry out lethal campaigns of terror and use the blunt instrument of mass incarceration as a tool of social control. They are waging endless wars in the Middle East and diverting half of all discretionary spending to a bloated military. They are placing the rights of the corporation above the rights of the citizen.

The Age of Radical Evil

And there's that.
However. Putting aside an arguably failed protest action in the tube, they are likely here to stay and win.

[...]
As of October 15, the London rebellion has resulted in over 1,400 arrests. The London police have banned all XR protests, yet activists continue to gather in new locations, and are challenging the legality of the ban. As with all movements, XR is not perfect and will continue to face setbacks and criticism. Despite its imperfections, XR continues to bring widespread attention to our environmental crises, increasing dialogue and the demand for action – bringing about a “climate culture change.” As the movement continues and increasingly coordinates with other groups, governments may begin to respond.

At this moment, the attributes of XR are increasing the chances that the movement will be effective and successful. However, ideas of success in XR go beyond their three demands. If success includes increasing awareness and creating a regenerative culture with a stronger sense of community, solidarity and resilience, in many ways, XR has already succeeded.

Why Extinction Rebellion Might Succeed — and in Many Ways, Already Has

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

They are still total idiots, though.
Have you checked out their ridiculous "demands"?
One of their leaders apparently clocked up 1600 air miles on hols to costa rica.
The twats.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Heres an update from London, England and the mayhem caused to the trains.

ABOUT TIME! Fed Up And Furious London Commuters Throw Climate Change Thugs ‘Extinction Rebellion’ Off Top Of Commuter Train And Rough Them Up

Guardian

At the end of the two-week global “uprising”, members of the movement’s political circle announced that it needed to learn from the angry scenes at Canning Town tube station last Thursday when commuters dragged protesters from the roof of an underground train and set upon them. Eight XR activists were arrested during the disruption, joining a total of 1,768 held during the fortnight of demonstrations. British Transport Police confirmed it was also investigating and looking to acquire evidence against a number of commuters who appeared to embark on a vigilante-style attack on one of the Canning Town protesters.

No just ordinary commuters who had had enough of having their daily life being ruined by a bunch of arseholes.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

How about this one? geez

Days after opening its first U.K. restaurant, Chick-fil-A announces the location will close

The news came as an LGBTQ group held protests outside the brand-new restaurant at the Oracle Mall in Reading, denouncing the company’s opposition to same-sex marriage.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Its like the fall of the Roman Empire all over again.
Probably.
May not have thought it through cos brexit has done my head in.
Still - bloody snowflakes, eh?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Whose science is the most pure?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Peer reviewed and without a pre conceived agenda?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

At least your science is pure, eh? Purists...
I know what you are, but what am I?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well i failed my physics o level.
Question that i got wrong was "if a light bulb was turned on on alpha centauri how long would it take for the light to reach Earth?"
My answer - which was apparently wrong - was "never". Cos interstellar dust in way etc.
Too weak.
Damn you and your trite conventional thinking!

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Touché! Can't really argue with your Leveller speak there.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yeah.
Still.
Bunch of snowflake twats though.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Maybe. And the other 'other' twats have "work set's you free" written on their gates. Or they're just too stupid for detours, can't tell what's what. Mind the gap?

Oh, the outrage! I should know tho... Krauts don't take delays lightly, either. Bunch of snowflake twats! And we're everywhere, obviously.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I see. Carry on regardless.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Probably not what you look at, but you see what you see.

Where is it you wanna be carried to, old oldcarp?
How about any place with less apesh!t and no extinction in the long term?
What's your solution, more purist tears in a bucket?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Pardon ?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm helpless once the trollingers don't even pick up on my provocations anymore.

Any further questions?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yes. What are you on/on about?

If you are trying to wind me up you will need to up your game, old chap.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join