It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinction Rebellion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Gothmog

"Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid."

That's not surprising. And said stupid people have a soft spot for Big Oil and the status quo, I'd reckon?

You did read it all , yes ?
What you pointed out , was not the point.
Everyone USES "Big Oil" , soft pot or not.
Everyone
You are not exempt from that , either.
That would tend to make you a hypocrite on the highest level.

So , I do not think you answered my question
Do you believe in Peter Pan as well ?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

More mind-numbing platitudes and Al Gore, predictable and boring as fck. Nice!

But sure, tell us more about why we should cripple our economy, our industry, and our population so AlGore can buy another jet and the UN can claim more control over sovereign nation's policies. I'm all ears.

Why? And who is "us"? We wont have a rebellion when yesterdays morons wake up soon to follow up with radical change asap. Which they wont. Lean back and enjoy the show!

There will be a "Told ya" moment in the near future, and I'm holding high hopes it will be awesome.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Why?

Mainly because I enjoy laughing. Watching the scared narrative keepers scramble and get animated as the world realizes how full of crap the narrative is has been very entertaining. I'd go so far as to say it's been the most entertaining display of fools since the Three Stooges retired.

There will be a "Told ya" moment in the near future, and I'm holding high hopes it will be awesome.

Wish in one hand, sh@t in the other, tell me which one fills up first. As usual, the best the AGW crowd can come up with is "soon you'll see" well, we've had a lot of "soons" over the past couple of decades and still no payoff. Just as Chicken Little did, "soon" the alarmists will be forced to STFU since the only thing predictable about their predictions is that they have failed time after time, utter failure. New York isn't under water, the North Pole is still iced up, extinctions haven't taken place, oil is still relatively cheap, America hasn't been hit with food shortages, etc, etc, etc... Fail after fail from the Nostradumbassed of the environmental scare department.

It's quaint, I'll give you that.

edit on 26-2-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

They would have a better effect on the environment if they directed that effort towards innovating new ways to combat climate change instead of appealing to the "elites" to do it for them.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Everyone USES "Big Oil" , soft pot or not.
Everyone
You are not exempt from that , either.
That would tend to make you a hypocrite on the highest level.

Buy more plastic crap, get a big SUV and don't even dare to give a fck!
I get the drift, just another conformist with no responsibility whatsoever.

My grandpa used to say he was "just following orders" (as well).

Do you believe in Peter Pan as well ?

Wait... Peter, is that you? I believe in you!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

You remember the scandal which involved a bunch of German car manufacturers? That's a lot of innovation right there, in combination with even more criminal energy. Which is why we need political action on a global scale.

This isn't an appeal to the elites, it's more of an ultimatum.

As usual, the best the AGW crowd can come up with is "soon you'll see"

And then there are the usual pundits from the CCS crowd, who can't even compose a coherent debunk for a rather short clip. Surprise!

Anyhow. I was referring to the rebellion, and the 15th of April, try to keep up!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You remember the scandal which involved a bunch of German car manufacturers? That's a lot of innovation right there, in combination with even more criminal energy. Which is why we need political action on a global scale.

This isn't an appeal to the elites, it's more of an ultimatum.

It's just more evidence that certain elements will eschew legal emissions limits. We need innovation, not political action on a global scale.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You know what they say about assumptions ...

But I will have fun watching you demand they treat your heart attack at the hospital without any petroleum based products.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

tucson.com...

75 photos of Tucson's winter snow storm by Daily Star photographers
Arizona Daily Star Feb 26, 2019 Updated 2 hrs ago
Most of Tucson woke up to the rare sight of snow Friday morning. Officials predict 1 inch of snow at elevations of 2,500 to 3,000 feet and 1 to 2 inches possible above 3,000 feet.

Enjoy your April 15th protests, most won't notice, especially since more than a few locations around the world will still be experiencing winter.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Dumping fresh water into the salt water of the oceans. And disrupting the gulf stream which will lead to an ice age in europe. Then they will really deny climate change.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

and this is normal?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The arrogance of the flea thinking that it can change the dog.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ask yourself if you actually want a piece of this conversation before you go any further, please.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The arrogance of the flea thinking it has no affect on the dog.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The stupidity of the dog's owner looking to shave the dog, starve the dog, pass regulations on everything around the dog just to resolve the issue with a flea.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Go shout at a cloud or throw some coins at it.

Tell me how much it was bothered by you.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The stupidity of the dog's owner looking to shave the dog, starve the dog, pass regulations on everything around the dog just to resolve the issue with a flea.

That's is pretty stupid considering the owners just needs to use one single tablet to resolve the issue with the flea.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Go shout at a cloud or throw some coins at it.

Tell me how much it was bothered by you.

You may have dementia if that's how you are spending your days.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

and this is normal?

Tucson gets snow periodically, same as they periodically have very hot days... it's been recorded as being so since Indians first settled Pima County. Mt Lemon actually has a ski resort on it. It has had seasons when it never opened... those season correspond to years involving solar maximums. It has had years where it was open early and closed late in the season because they had lots of snow... those years have corresponded with solar minimums. It's all cyclic. I understand a measurable part of humanity feels insignificant and helpless if they can't directly blame someone on everything, but a whole lot of things in this world, including climate, have jack squat to do with mankind and are simply cycles influenced by solar activity and natural events. But those don't generate money and power grabs like the AGW mythos does, so feel free to ignore them and demand everyone suffer loss of rights and economic freedom to satisfy your overlords... the rest of us will not join you in your efforts, however.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join