It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is lacking political balance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
ATS didn’t move right, the left just went so far left that everything looks right to them.

If leftist members are leaving it’s because there ideas are hard to defend with a intelligent member base openly discussing them.

This sums up the entire thread.

edit on 26/2/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I think political topics swing to the right because most of the people here are logical and realize that despite both sides being poop, the left is ultra corrupt at this point in time. Facts are facts and those threads are just bring those to light. If you have a lefty story that is true, by all means post it.

link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Did you edit the wiki page before creating this thread?

This page was last modified on 28 August 2018, at 09:54.

Kudos to his foresight if he did.

OP did point out that wasn't the end all be all to prove a point, but merely presented it for us to think on.
edit on 26-2-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I think that wiki lumps all mods together. I think some mods have been put in the corner in order to survive the new online gang that has formed. On the other hand i have recently noticed a difference for the better on the site. Case in point i am posting this. Also many members love to label any person with a differing opinion to be a leftist.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The media makes you think everyone is left Wong.

Real life tells you different.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
IF ATS seems 'right wing' that's because the left has move so far left it's bat snip whacko.

Ps.

Wiki is more reliable than CNN.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Nothing to really to think on. Some random upset lefty most likely updated the page once their account was banned. My last post was just a joke/sarcasm. Guess I should've added that part.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Nothing to really to think on. Some random upset lefty most likely updated the page once their account was banned. My last post was just a joke/sarcasm. Guess I should've added that part.

I had a feeling you were jesting, I figured I'd add it for the thread though (time of edit).

Maybe it was a random upset lefty.

Doesn't mean the observation is wrong.

The site has a pretty heavy lean (politically), that is my observation as well, and I'm an independent.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
ATS didn’t move right, the left just went so far left that everything looks right to them.

If leftist members are leaving it’s because there ideas are hard to defend with a intelligent member base openly discussing them.

This sums up the entire thread.

That is what I was going to say. The one thing I will say is that I enjoy debating leftists and I actually applaud the few here who give it a go to defend their positions. The reason ATS seems right leaning is that so few on the left can actually defend themselves with facts and logic.

I think the membership of ATS is largely above average intelligence which means by default we can't be left leaning too much....

There is zero debate on left leaning forums as those with opposing views are censored.

Also, I think conspiracy minded people tend to be right leaning anyway as many leftist positions can be authoritarian.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

A few members strongly on the left got the Conservatives on the defense and they are not going to let the far left get ahold of this site again. If you look back, originally the left was bashing the Republicans badly, this caused many people to side with the conservative agenda, it is actually lots of the moderate conservatives here that are protecting the right by uncovering the left's twisted information.

So blame this on the hard lefts on the site, they fired this thing up. There does not need to be a balance, ATS is about uncovering the real reality, not just the left's version of it.

I support the president of the United states no matter which party. I supported Obama until the last few months when he pushed some crappy last minute stuff through. I even supported the Obamacare until I found out all the corruption in it's creation which was close to the end of his term in office. I actually trusted Obama too much, I still respect him as a past president, he may not have known how much Obamacare was going to be abused by the medical and Pharma industry and he did not realize the high deductibles were unafordable by many of the people who barely make a living wage. I know lots of people with Obamacare and they seem to have lots of medical bills if they have problems that occur. That high deductible is not appropriate, seven grand is a lot of money for someone barely making it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think the membership of ATS is largely above average intelligence

I read somewhere that ats has the brightest unemployed minds on the web.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MadLad

It's true. Left-leaning members have left. That's a shame.

But those who have done so because their were challenged, well you know they probably ran to a place where right-leaning views are met with disdain and hatred. which is the vast majority of the internet.

They fled to their “safe spaces”.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Instead, it's meant to demonstrate how far the pendulum has swung to the right in political topics here on ATS

Yeah lets make ATS like every single other social medial platform: resoundingly liberal

is it upsetting to you to come outside the echo chambers of social media and read words your disagree with?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Kinda like the Senate Nuclear Option for confirming judges 😎

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Exactly!
Well said.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Pretty simple really.

The left won the culture wars. And now the left has become as insanely illiberal and authoritarian with their mainstream power as the old religious right used to be.

Now the right has become the counter-culture.

ATS is a counter-culture website.

Dig it?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I kind of have assumed that the reason we don't see the owners as much was because they were coming in as alternate avatars just to try and create that balance you are talking about. Perhaps that is why some of the extreme obvious posters can't logically debate in threads and simply use the standard leftist proproganda responses.

Naturally, this is just a personal thought and not known fact. ATS is a conspiracy site after all. So, never hurts to toss around possible theories.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
a reply to: Edumakated

I think the membership of ATS is largely above average intelligence

I read somewhere that ats has the brightest unemployed minds on the web.

Touche'!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Notice how no one is really disagreeing with you. They're just trying to shift the blame on to the Left.

Meanwhile a frightening percentage of ATS' membership bends over backwards to defend the actions of Nazis. But they want us to think that the only reason ATS seems like a Right Wing site is because the Left went so far Left.

Ha! Not a chance.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

The "site" is nothing but code and algorithms. Members determine the content.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join