It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Democrats... Gang Database is Racist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
For the past several years, Chicago has become the poster child for urban gun violence. So many people die in the city each year from gun violence, the city is aptly nicknamed "Chiraq". For the record, I live in Chicago and black, so I speak from first hand experience.

What often gets glazed over or swept under the rug in many gun control debates and discussions about violence in Chicago is that the violence is contained to very specific areas of the city (South and West Sides about 8 to 10 miles outside of downtown Chicago) and the violence is almost entirely committed among black males and to a lesser degree hispanics. Moreover, the vast majority of the violence is one gang member shooting another gang member. In short, one thug killing another thug.

The reality is that very few "civilians" are shot and killed in Chicago. In fact, even when innocents are killed, they more often than not have indirect gang ties. For example, one shooting that garnered a lot of press was when 15 year old Hadiya Pendelton was shot and killed. Her story made national headlines as the week prior to her death, she sang at Obama's inauguration in a choir. The media held up her death as tragic, but rarely if ever, mentioned that she was hanging out with friends / family in a park who were gang members. She wasn't the target, but her acquaintances were.

Rightly so, the Chicago police know Chicago has a huge gang problem and created a database of known gang members. Chicago is the gang capital of the US. Gang membership is like little league baseball in most Chicago neighborhoods.

Anyway, Chicago Democrats have now determined that the gang database is racist and claim it is inaccurate because it is almost exclusively comprised of black and latino youth....so they decided to basically just erase the database which had over 25,000 names.

I can only think Democrat activist are straight up stupid OR there has to be another agenda at play.

Chicago Votes to Dismantle Gang Database

I just happened to come across this vlogger who did an excellent commentary on this insanity.....

edit on 26-2-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that bootleg copies have been made and are at all related precincts.

The cops wouldn't be so stupid as to destroy something so fundamental in their fight against gangs and gang violence.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting post, not surprised they didn't like the data and wanted it scrubbed.

I was wondering though, Why do you still live in chicago?

From what I gather from casual observation from your posts, you're intelligent and successful. Why stay? Even if crime isn't an issue in your specific area there are plenty of other problems.

ETA: Also, I understand "non of my business" is an appropriate answer too.
edit on 26-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I can only think Democrat activist are straight up stupid

This describes them quite accurately:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that bootleg copies have been made and are at all related precincts.

The cops wouldn't be so stupid as to destroy something so fundamental in their fight against gangs and gang violence.

The gang members are irrelevant, chicagos gun crime is 100 percent the fault of neighboring states loose gun control laws and law abiding owners.
I think that's the last update I've heard from the dems on that one.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Interesting post, not surprised they didn't like the data and wanted it scrubbed.

I was wondering though, Why do you still live in chicago?

From what I gather from casual observation from your posts, you're intelligent and successful. Why stay? Even if crime isn't an issue in your specific area there are plenty of other problems.

ETA: Also, I understand "non of my business" is an appropriate answer to.

As I mentioned, the violence in Chicago is concentrated on the south and west sides of the city. These areas are literally 8 to 10 miles away from downtown Chicago. Areas that no tourist, working man, or anyone with two nickels to their name would ever be by choice. These areas are no where near what people think when you say "Chicago" - Michigan Avenue, Lakefront, Loop, etc. Unless you are a gang banger, you have ZERO reason to be worried about crime in Chicago.

By in large, Chicago is a very clean and safe city. It has the most beautiful sky line in the US. The economy here is booming despite the best attempts by leftists to ruin it with high taxes and other dumbass policies.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why yes, lets just ignore reality, call it bigoted and continue live in fairyland!
Would you like more syrup on your steak Sally?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Did I hear that right? They are Banning the Sheriffs office from using the database?? They must have a balless Sheriff who doesn't respect his oath nor the Constitution if he is rolling over and allowing law abiding citizens to become sitting ducks and following the orders of these Progressive idiots destroying Chicago.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
No offense to the op.

But Chicago seems to be a complete snip hole.

Not so much because of the gangs.

It's the people that failed their city to protect their residents.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Seems like...if you don't like being on a gang registry....maybe don't be a gangster?

That being said, I do know one individual personally that was involved with gangs when he was young and ended up on a gang registry, it still causes problems in his life despite having been out of it for over a decade and spending years working and bettering his life. He'll get randomly pulled over or hassled if cops run his plates and things.

I guess don't make poor choices, it does kind of suck though to keep being punished for such choices when you've learned from them and spent years making up for them.
edit on 26/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The gang members are irrelevant, chicagos gun crime is 100 percent the fault of neighboring states loose gun control laws and law abiding owners.

By their logic, Chicago suburbs and Indiana and WI should be war zones if loose gun laws were the culprit...

Anything to avoid the uncomfortable discussion of the demographics of the perpetrators. Chicago spawned an entire genre of hip hop called Drill music. Basically, gangster rap with a Chicago spin put on it. Gang members dissing each other back and forth.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I am always peplexed by this. Chicago has a black Mayor, police chief and many other powerful black people that could do something. So that rules out a racist agenda....right????

Is it so big cops CANT do anything now?

And when was the last time Jessie or Al or even Oprah have tried to help?

Its mental.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Of course they hate it.

It probably wrecks their communist manifesto wet dream of disarming the US by exacerbating gun violence.

They are probably arming them, pushing gang banger hiphop and feeding them crack too.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Because they can't admit the real issue that Democrat-controlled areas almost always have higher rates of crime/violence. I know if I was going to be a criminal, I'd go to a large city with strict gun-control to improve my odds of the law-abiding citizens not being armed to defend themselves. It's common sense for most people.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I once knew a person that was heavily involved in criminal activity in Kansas City. From the stories I heard, gang/drug activity was heavily organized and insulated by local politicians. There are adult children of very visible politicians in this city that are closely associated with the criminal activity. People running for office will literally go door to door handing out free stuff (food, clothing, etc) to earn the trust of the neighborhoods so that their gangster buddies wouldn't get snitched on when the criminal enterprises come into their area. If Chicago is anything like Kansas City, I can see why local pols wouldn't want a "gang database".

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If you have a problem with the "no fly list" by the TSA then you should have a problem with this list.

You don't have to be a gang member to get on the list. you just have to know a couple and bam you are on the list.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've come to the point in my life where Dims screaming "racism" about something means that it would have a positive impact and would be the best for all American citizens involved.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Because they can't admit the real issue that Democrat-controlled areas almost always have higher rates of crime/violence. I know if I was going to be a criminal, I'd go to a large city with strict gun-control to improve my odds of the law-abiding citizens not being armed to defend themselves. It's common sense for most people.

People with "common sense" don't become gang bangers.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neversleep

That isn't what I'm saying, maybe I said it wrong. What is meant by that post is it's common sense that strict gun laws don't improve safety. It has the opposite effect.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here is a thought, maybe a stretch. We know that the Dems have used cartels for their dirty work and money making, well up comes a wall and helps screw that up, so next step is use these gangs to make money, but to do that, you gotta get the cops off their tail, by deleting the record. I dunno. Just a thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join