It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hell With Immunity — Guilty Verdict For Pell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

do victims get payouts in Australia.?

Yes I assume the guy will get quite a substantial payout.

If he was guilty why did he risk coming back, he could have claimed Vatican diplomatic immunity.

Exactly, he could have completely evaded this case if he wanted to yet he chose to come back and face a jury, and the MSM here in Australia has programed people to absolutely hate priests so it's not really a surprise the jury found him guilty based only on hearsay from an incident said to occur several decades ago. And I'm not saying priests haven't earned a bad reputation due to their own actions, but the MSM here loves nothing more than tearing down Christianity and Catholicism. Again, I dislike organized religion, but I dislike organized propaganda even more and will not go along with the pack like a sheep.
edit on 26/2/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You don't find the story of the plaintiff credible, you understand that is one of the reasons why a very small percentage of victims actually come forward and testify, they are given the third-degree and accused of lying.

I wouldn't typically question the story of a victim because most are telling the truth and their story makes sense, the story told by this guy feels very contrived and it seems unlikely the Cardinal would have done something so rash with such a high chance of being caught. Maybe the guy shouldn't have waited several decades if he wanted the story to hold more weight.

Perhaps, I would be interested to know more about the other cases that were dropped, the Vatican has much power and influence over such matters.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

You don't find the story of the plaintiff credible, you understand that is one of the reasons why a very small percentage of victims actually come forward and testify, they are given the third-degree and accused of lying.

It's sick that these predators get away this behavior knowing full well chances are they will get away with it.

Look at the work Gumshoe News has done on the Australian Family Court in recent times. They have exposed just how bad it is.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I haven't looked into this case at all, just saw it on the news earlier tonight, but from what I saw the case against him does appear quite weak and I wouldn't be surprised if he won the appeal. It seems to me like it's his word against one other guy, and the story told by the victim doesn't exactly strike me as believable, it also seems quite suspicious this happened like 20 years ago or something but this guy only came forward now, sorry but that seems a bit too long. The case against him seems to me like pure hearsay and the jury was far to willing to prejudge him, and I'm the last person to defend organized religion, but does this man really deserve to spend the rest of his life in prison based only on hearsay?

thanks

IMO victims of this kind of thing, have a hard enough life as it is. I don't think they would tolerate ridicule, intolerance and constant threats to their life just for the sake of a lie.

People who spend their adult lives fighting for justice and risk being murdered are unlikely to keep doing that for their entire life if it was a lie. Sooner or later they would give it all away and likely admit to it so they get it over with and move on with their lives.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
As far as I understand it the gag order was in place because the prosecution were planning more charges to come, but decided not to pursue the other charges and thus the gag order was rescinded.

For what it's worth.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malak777
a reply to: Azureblue

Whatever, but it has been happening all over the world. It is endemic to the RC Priesthood.

It makes me feel sick and I keep well away from anything RC. It has such a bad history you would have to be a fool to equate that institution with anything truly Christian. Even their cross is crooked, lol.

Just another criminal. One down, hundreds more to go!

I agree, although I have read that he himself was abused as a child. i have no idea if this is true or false.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

His arrest and subsequent court case was suppressed in Australia.

what makes you say that? e.g.

June 29, 2017

6:10pm

Cardinal George Pell charged with sex charges — he vows to return to Australia

Police confirmed this morning Cardinal Pell — Australia’s most senior Catholic and the third most powerful in the Vatican — had been charged “with historical sexual assault offences”.

He has been summonsed to appear at a filing hearing at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on July 18.

UPDATE: GEORGE Pell has strenuously denied involvement in historical sex abuse. On Thursday afternoon he fronted the media to defend himself.

www.news.com.au...

The gag order came after he was charged, which I guess is reasonable in such a precedent setting trial as this. Plus, like a friend of his, he didn't think he'd lose!

thanks for the correction of the details.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Crucifixion seems apt.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

He was convicted months ago and only now are they reporting it, 3rd highest member of the Catholic Church worldwide and the treasurer for the Vatican, this is pretty big news.

The 3rd Highest ranking Catholic in the world is sent down for child abuse and we don't hear about it until months later? Am I the only one who thinks that it's unlikely to stop there? The two above him should be facing some form of investigation and the whole sordid cabal should be scrapped and stripped of its wealth so it can't regroup under another name and continue it's path of systemic child abuse.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

From the beginning the Christian faith warned of the Wolf in Sheep's clothing, the false Shepherd and the one claiming to come in the name of the Lord.

From the beginning? So Old Testiment times, before JC came along, claiming to come in the name of the Lord (as many 'Messiahs' of the time did,) yet they still believed him? Seems a bit suspicious...

The Church is not an institution,

I beg to differ...

institution

Dictionary result for institution

/ɪnstɪˈtjuːʃ(ə)n/Submit
noun
an organization founded for a religious, educational, professional, or social purpose.

For the church not to be an institution it would have to have been founded for non-religious, non-educational and non-social purposes, in truth it exists for all 3 reasons, ergo, it's an institution. And it's guilty of institutional child abuse. If it were a chain of care homes or offender institutes, it would have been shut down and rightly so but the church has much more power than it deserves and has too much clout in the world, it's been holding back the march of progress far too long...
edit on 2/3/19 by djz3ro because: Adding a "/"

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I know what's wrong we don't have tommy Robinson exposing these criminals.

I suspect those months were used to tie up loose ends and be sure there's no transactions that could implicate any involvement from the Vatican.

Much of the issue must be cognitive dissonance, this is such a blow to people's fragile reality they ignore it and hope it goes away.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're not wrong. If I was a Catholic I'd have been questioning the religious institution I put my faith in for a long time now. Too many "evil" acts carried out by "good" people these days...

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

So it came out today that Catholic school teachers have been instructed not to talk about the cardinals case in the class room and under the guise that they will face repercussion if they do.

Where are all the conservatives outraged by this, it seems freedom of speech is very selective...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join