It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STUNNING and DISGUSTING - 44 Democrats Vote to Support POST BIRTH Abortion-Murders.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So they only voted against it because it was unnecessary and "rare", eh?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

This Is War, plain and simple. Good against evil.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This bill is nothing besides a piece of dishonest anti-choice propaganda intended to criminalize doctors, patients,..

link

How can this bill criminalize doctors if no doctors are performing this barbarism? How can this criminalize patients if there are already laws on the books to cover it?

The law would have mandated the same effort be given to save that child as any other child born at the same weeks' term. No existing law covers that.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

by voting for it, wouldn't it be like admitting that the fake problem that the republicans invented was real and needed to be addressed?? while, the dems in NY, Va, and god only knows where else have been getting the same crap for the laws that they've recently passed.. don't think so!!
the TRUTH is that there are already federal laws on the books! no, those state laws wouldn't not have enabled doctors to murder born infants and all the other made up horror stories they've come up with to demonize the dems.

just a giant crap show brought to you by your friendly republican party of win by any means, heck with the repercussions!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
"If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen; the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

Apparently, barring infanticide is not the actual goal here, dawn...

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Jesus this is just sick. How anyone can be okay with this is just straight up evil. Why are Dems baby killers?

There's already a law on the books passed by Congress back in 2002. Why would they need to pass another one?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If babies arent babies, then these ******** are not human.

I refuse to acknowledge that they are human.

They must have voted no so they can protect their spirit cooking.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
One of the few things I really agree with liberals on is abortion. It should actually be promoted as the smart thing to do. Most people are too stupid to parent. The ones who aren't are too smart to try.
edit on 26-2-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

H.R.2175 - Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2002

``(a) In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any
ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative
bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words `person', `human
being', `child', and `individual', shall include every infant member of
the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.
``(b) As used in this section, the term `born alive', with respect
to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or
extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of
development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a
beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of
voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been
cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a
result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced
abortion.
``(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to affirm, deny,
expand, or contract any legal status or legal right applicable to any
member of the species homo sapiens at any point prior to being `born
alive' as defined in this section.''.

www.congress.gov...

sounds to me that it grants the very same legal protections to the survivors of abortion as to any other infant born!!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

"If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen; the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

and where, oh where, does he say the parent would have the option of having the infant killed???
and, gee, if the baby is healthy, why would it have needed to be resuscitated? just what do you think that discussion would have entailed? if I were to take a wild guess it would be a discussion around just what the condition of the baby is, what will be required to keep the baby alive, and possibly a "do you want this baby to be kept on life support in hopes that we find a miracle that will improve our prognosis? again, the laws already in effect says the care the doctor gives that infant is the same type of care he would provide any other infant under similar conditions. considering that most of us pions aren't really that knowledgeable when it comes to medical issues and the option of removing the life support is also given to parents of children born that may also need to be resuscitated and put on life support...
who may also opt to not extend the child's life well...
if the doctors aren't being honest, if they are just so lazy that they chose to be neglectful in their duties,
well then it seems... ALL OF THE BABIES BEING BORN NEED ADDITIONAL PROTECTION and not just the few that might happen to survive a failed abortion!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And if it wasn't "desired" to resuscitate, then, hey, oh well, right..?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
One of the few things I really agree with liberals on is abortion. It should actually be promoted as the smart thing to do. Most people are too stupid to parent. The ones who aren't are too smart to try.

You know I have always been somewhat centered balanced on this issue, but I am beginning to see what you are saying. Perhaps the simplest resolution to this whole issue is those that feel their parents were stupid for not aborting them, should show them how smart they are by aborting themselves.

Perhaps, then the stupid parents will smarten up and just stop getting pregnant. Within a short time...humanity will cease to exist and the whole world will be better for it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Blaine91555
We are already there, already at the point of euthanizing less than perfect or unwanted children after birth. Think about that for a moment.

How many of these unwanted children have you adopted?

Now that's just sad. I have to adopt to be opposed to euthanasia?

What are your views on the killing of unwanted or less than perfect children, after they are already independent of their mothers and alive? For it or against it?

That's the real question here is it not? Have we reached the point that some of our leaders would vote nay to what that Bill says? It was not that long ago that we were told we would never reach this point and that it would be ludicrous to think it would reach this point and yet here we are.

..and why exactly? I'd bet if I called all of my Democrat friends I could not find one who would be for this and yet their leaders vote the way they did. I'm not even a Republican by the way, just sickened by the direction this is going.

If the Republicans point in this is to expose something, I'd say they succeeded.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abbby
a reply to: carewemust

How about you read facts instead of regurgitated talking points vomited up by no nothing rePUBES?

The fact is, it is INCREDIBLY rare that a baby will survive a late term abortion (which are rare to begin with). So this whole dust up is just a way for rePUBES to demonize liberals.

See? Ya learn something new every day, so “calm down Jodie Foster”

So it's OK to kill hundreds instead of thousands 😷

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

well, us adults can come up with do not resuscitate orders but even if we don't have any, many times, if the situation is dire enough, they will consult with the family determine their desires. just treating them like any other patient, just as the laws require!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

it's against the law to kill ANY child, including infants once they are born now, without this law!!! so no, that isn't the real question here. if that is happening, well someone IS breaking the law.
and, the law already states that any infant born as a result of a failed abortion alive should be given the same care and treatment as any other person with similar health condition. well, when you have babies who are being born, weather or not through a failed abortion or natural, with severe abnormalities that cause them not to be able to survive without extreme medical intervention--ie life support-- with no realistic hope of improvement they are treated in the same way as our elderly parents when they reach the end of their lives only where as your elderly parents may have had the foresight to plan for this situation and make out a DNR, the babies that come into the world in that situation don't have that opportunity and for all who haven't made on for themselves, then the burden fall onto their family members. in the case of babies, that would be the parents. so, if you have a problem in them not resuscitating or keeping nonviable babies on life support indefinately well... then I guess you would have the same problem with your aged parents and insist that they be kept alive by all means necessary?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It is pathetic and sad that these people turned a moral issue of life vs death into a political issue.
Cowards, every single one of them needs to be primaried and or voted out.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

What are they exposing?
As I understand this, a law already exists..since 2002.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Trump Derangement Syndrome is so severe in many cases that an opponent running solo against him could be in support of abortion of a toddler a year after the birth, fully open borders, a 99 percent tax rate, a complete ban on the use of all fossil fuels, heroin free to the public starting at age six, and a two hundred dollar an hour minimum wage and those people would vote for them just because it wasn't Trump

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

No. That bill literally guarantees any baby that survives an abortion is considered a person and is given all rights and protections as a US citizen. Any abuse or lack of medical care would be considered criminal negligence.

Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2002 - Directs that in determining the meaning of any Act of Congress or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various U.S. administrative bureaus and agencies, the words "person," "human being," "child," and "individual" shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive (as defined in this Act) at any stage of development.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join