It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever dreamed, in your dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So, the other night, I had a crazy dream.
I got shot, multiply times, in the lower leg. It was wild, because I could see the bullets, some still in the shell, all coming out of my calf, like a cluster of quartz crystals, half in, half out of my calf, no blood, and I was actually amazed by the site, and while it hurt a lot, I couldn't stop staring at it.
I wasn't surprised about dreaming of being shot, as I had watched a show where a woman had been shot multiple times, and survived, earlier in the evening.

But the thing I don't remember ever doing before in dreams, was laying down, and still staring at my leg, and feeling tired. I fell asleep. Then I dreamed of a very close friend, also getting shot in the leg. Then I woke up and called her and talked to her about it.
All in my dream.

I have lucid dreamt, many times, where the dream was going to a scary or sad place, and I rember saying in my dream, "I don't like this, I need to change it" and have done so.
I can also remeber my dreams when awake, pretty vividly, and do keep a dream journal.
But again, I don't ever remember dreaming about dreaming before.
Anyone else dream of dreaming?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I've had several dreams where I woke up and then I had a conversation about what I was dreaming in my dream.

I had a dream once I was face-to-face with Zeus, king of the Gods. I had the feeling I could ask Zeus for something. But I could not ask for something too great because he would obliterate me. So I asked Zeus to heal my eyes. He put his palms over my eyes and then pulled them away in a fast jerking motion. The next time I went to the eye doctor my left eye went from 20-400 to 20-250. And my right eye went from 20-200 to 20-50. True story!

I've had one really vivid dream where I was at the very tippy top of very high pine tree where I became an eagle and began flying around. But it was a very brief dream and only happened once.

I've had several dreams where I had the power psychokinesis in which I used by psychokinetic powers on my own body and I was able to fly myself around the neighborhood I grew up when I was a child.

One of most craziest dreams I've ever had to do with time travel. I once had a dream where I created a time machine. And I went into the future moving past my future self in time to prevent my future self from destroying the time machine in the future. It was really a cool dream because I saw myself coming through time machine and when I went to approach myself I woke up.

But I think the most crazy dream I've ever had is about 20 years ago I had two dreams in one year where I was an extraterrestrial on an extraterrestrial world speaking to other extraterrestrials. It was very vivid and felt very real. It was so cool. But it's never happened ever again.

edit on 25-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
dup
edit on 25-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wow! That is crazy about your eyes and the dream!

But this

I've had several dreams where I had the power psychokinesis in which I used by psychokinetic powers on my own body and I was able to fly myself around the neighborhood I grew up when I was a child.

See, I have dreamt, that I was flying, or floating, around the same house, with a crazy finished basement, that had multiple tunnels that went all over, many, many times.
It made me wonder and read up on leaving your body when you dream.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

They are called layered dreams.

I've had them occasionally, but normally when I was in a completely happy place in my reality.

I can do the same thing you do... if I'm in a dream where I don't like what's going on I just wake myself up, or change the course of the dream.

But I also had one once where I watched my mother in law pass away, woke myself up, got up to get a drink and realized I was dreaming, woke myself up, got up to get a drink and realized I was dreaming, woke myself up and realized I was dreaming...

So I had to walk back to my bed and there I was.

I screamed as loudly as I could in my dream and woke myself up.

I hated that loop thing... didn't sleep well for a few nights after.

My mother in law passed away about the same time I was doing this.

So yea.. it happens and I don't know why.

Different realities shifting around because of something that happened?

Different choices being offered and I did the same stupid thing every time?

Things to think about, certainly..

S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm sorry about your mother in law.

I don't recall ever having a loop like that!
Seems like it would be scary, realizing your doing the same thing over and over. But you were smart enough to "scream" your way out of it.
I hope I remember that, if it does ever happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I'm sorry about your mother in law.

I don't recall ever having a loop like that!
Seems like it would be scary, realizing your doing the same thing over and over. But you were smart enough to "scream" your way out of it.
I hope I remember that, if it does ever happen.

Screaming in a dream is my safe word, essentially.

And it's actually weird... you start screaming in your dream and it is muffled. In your dream you can tell it's not loud enough.

At somewhere in the middle of the scream you can feel it physically in your throat. In your dream it's amost like it is starting to gain weight... you can feel it.

By the end of the scream you have actually made a little wimpery noise in reality... but it is enough for your physical ears to hear it.

And it wakes you up.

An old trick taught to me a long time ago in a desert...

edit on 25-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As a young child I saw a powerful tornado that killed our neighbors and their cattle was strewn like the movie "Twister". I had other experiences with deadly Tornado's and not so deadly. I guess with all that, I have had many dreams I recall where I am in one. Often with more than one and I never get hurt but I wake up from them remembering it vividly.

Because of my fear of where the next one will greet me, I am a very good amateur meteorologist and it helps me in my day job to analyze and conceive of possible explanations for where pollution will be tomorrow from known sources like a forest fire.

edit on 25-2-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Instead of muffled when I try to scream, I can recall no noise would come out at all like I was mute.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to say this, although it may label me as a loony. I'm cool with that.
Ever since I could remember, I've have always believed, deep in my "gut", that sometimes dreams are more than just dreams.
And with the things I've read, both on this site, and on this thread, I feel like I'm right.

Thank you all for sharing!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Instead of muffled when I try to scream, I can recall no noise would come out at all like I was mute.

I think it's actually a learned trick... I learned it while rather young so thought everyone did it till I was much older and started discussing dreams with other people.

SoOo.. next time you are lucidly dreaming, try it.

Just keep doing it... eventually you will feel a weight build in your throat in your dream and you will get loud.

A dream scream is REALLY loud in your dream, but doesn't make much noise at all in your reality (verified by my sleeping partner.)

Of course, that is just me and individual results may vary.

My other sisters do it too though and I doubt it's genetic.

It's just a way to get the hell out if you can't control what's going on anymore.

edit on 25-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Well, I'm going to say this, although it may label me as a loony. I'm cool with that.
Ever since I could remember, I've have always believed, deep in my "gut", that sometimes dreams are more than just dreams.
And with the things I've read, both on this site, and on this thread, I feel like I'm right.

Dreams are another part of your reality. Just as important (if not more) than your waking reality.

You can change your physical reality in your dreams.

After all, why do you think they call it "chasing your dreams?"

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Justoneman

I think it's actually a learned trick... I learned it while rather young so thought everyone did it till I was much older and started discussing dreams with other people.

SoOo.. next time you are lucidly dreaming, try it.

Just keep doing it... eventually you will feel a weight build in your throat in your dream and you will get loud.

A dream scream is REALLY loud in your dream, but doesn't make much noise at all in your reality (verified by my sleeping partner.)

Of course, that is just me and results may vary.

My other sisters do it too though and I doubt it's genetic.

It's just a way to get the hell out if you can't control what's going on anymore.

Now that I think about it, I recall doing that very thing.

Somewhere in my dream I've had to yell to save myself or someone and I eventually did but I woke up. It was like I had to do it and it took waking up to pull it off.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Goodness sakes, I have experienced that loop dreaming of thinking you have awakened over and over again. It is totally crazy. My husband thought I was crazy too because he entered in every loop and I would resell my dream and loopy awakening to him. Each loop went just a little bit longer. When I finally awakened for real...it took me a bit of time to trust that I really was awake. My poor hubby looked at me like I was crazy but thankfully was truly concerned as well.

Edit add: oops almost forgot. I like your idea and info on screaming...but am a little concerned that my hubby may actually call 911 if I actually just scream at him in my awaken state. You say the muffled whimper wakes you up, but I am not sure in my wakened dejavu state, I would believe I am awake with out letting out the full scream.
edit on 2 25 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I thought about that too. Screaming so loud, the hubby freaks out.
But he talks in his sleep, and I deal with that... so, he better not call the police on me.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I experienced a dream almost 40 years ago that was rife with religious connotations throughout. I have been trying to interpret it in its entirety lately. It can basically be broken down into 3 acts. I have fairly certainly interpreted the first and last act but the 2nd is still a complete enigma to me. That damn dream was so profound, I remember every minute detail to this day.

And yes, I do feel it was probably a divine revelation to me.

Edit: No loop dreams though.
edit on 25-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Go to the kitchen, get a glass of cold water and put your finger in it.

If you can feel it, you're awake.

Water is weird in dreams, for some reason I do not know.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I had a dream one time were I was dreaming inside a dream. It was kinda like inception were I was in a dream and started dreaming something totally different then woke from that dream in the upper dream. It was a little freaky. Both seemed to last a long time.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I lucid dream and astral project a lot.

I've had an astral projection where I projected to some reality at a cabin with some friends. I then layed down again and astral projected again into ghost form in that same cabin. I tried to get everyones attention in my ghost form but I was clear and no one could see me. I then woke up back into my dream body and asked my friends in the cabin if they had seen me in ghost form or not. No one saw me though. haha Then i think i just flew around and went exploring the world i astral project to.

A lot of the times I astral project I am not in control of where i end up when I pop out of my body. This particular time i popped out of my body right next to my sleeping body. So i went out on my balcony and flew across the street. There was a guy standing there in a black trench coat. He offered me a pill. I thought, why not? I took the pill and instantly was on a D-M-T trip. It seemed like it lasted for about 8 hours. I then snapped out of it standing on the corner next to the dude in the trench coat and he just said, "what did yo think?" I just shook my head mind blown and snapped out of it into my body. The crazy part was only an hour had passed where in my astral projection it seemed like 10 hours.

new topics

top topics

join