It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas judge rules all-male draft unconstitutional

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I remember why back when I was just a lad turning 18 years old, in order to vote, you had to go to the post office to get a form to sign up for the selective service, basically the draft in order to have the privilege to vote.

Well now a judge in Texas has ruled that excluding women from this was unconstitutional.

So now, women screaming about equality hopefully get to have the same rights as men have had. The right to vote.

How do you think this will go down?

A federal judge in Texas ruled Friday that the military's male-only draft is unconstitutional. The challenge was brought up by a group known as the National Coalition for Men and two men subject to the registration requirements. The Selective Service System had upheld the draft requirement, citing a 1981 Supreme Court ruling that women could be excluded due to not being "similarly situated" with men for draft purposes. In the decades since that ruling, women's rights in the military have expanded. Federal Judge Gray Miller wrote in his Friday ruling that "in 2013, the Department of Defense officially lifted the ban on women in combat." He said that, likewise, the draft should apply to both men and women. But he hasn't issued an injunction against the federal policy, meaning it will remain in place on appeal.

www.wave3.com... w

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And then there is a real draft....

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I feel that it is only fair.
With equal rights should come equal responsibility!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Already a couple threads on this the last two days.

But it's largely a virtue signaling move by the Govt. There won't be another draft.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is horsesnip. My daughter won't be participating in any wars and, frankly, if the feds decide differently they'll need a draft to move me out of the way. Women should not be in the military and they damn sure shouldn't be in combat. The whole reason men fight isn't for the country, it isn't for the asshats in positions of power, and it sure as hell isn't to bring freedom to some thrid world SNIPhole... it's because each of them have a woman and possibly kids are here in America. Move the women into the battlefield and, honestly, why the hell even bother fighting?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Let women into the armed forces if they want to join and can pass the SAME requirements as the men. No modified exercises or the like. As far as a draft goes, I wouldn't like to see women included for many reasons. The largest being that as a former grunt, I could focus on my job knowing my loved ones were safe back home. I wouldn't have been worth a damn to anyone without that peace of mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Texas has a draft? Wow, people are crazy down there.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
War is a nasty thing. A war requiring a draft is basically just a slaughter house operation. Draftees are typically nothing more than cannon fodder. Women are just as good as cannon fodder as men. Draft"em and send them off to die. They wanted equal rights, they get equal rights and in this case they get an equal opportunity to die for fat politicians wars.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Military service ought to be required of every US Citizen at the age of 19 for two years. Period.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Got a breeze too.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The trurh is, the day of the draft is gone, there won’t be another draft.
The Selective Service and Census Bureau are closely related now days, and share info freely.

The Selective Service System nowadays is little more than a place for retired officers to settle into while putting time in until retirement.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't believe we will ever see a draft again.
Things will go nuclear long before the draft is needed.

That being said, I think women should be drafted too.
They are perfectly capable of preforming tasks that are needed for the military to function.
Truck drivers, clerks, cooks, medics....etc etc.

What they are not capable of is serving in combat.
Physically they are inferior.

But yeah, draft em...

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If it ever came down to the kind of desperation that would require a national draft again, I would support women being drafted along side men.

However, with today's technology, and DARPA type technology that we're not even privy to, battlefield conflict should become rare, very rare.

I foresee remote controlled battlefields, operated like (virtual) video games, in the future. I think women have proven themselves to be just as adept at video games, and mental agility as men, even if not as inclined to gaming addiction.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

"Military service ought to be required of every US Citizen at the age of 19 for two years. Period. "

along with firearm training; and issue a handgun and rifle to have with them in their homes.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My only concern is that if both parents get drafted, who is going to care for the children? Government run orphanages? You can't say just have the grandparents do it, not everyone has that support system. Plus, the government created the issue, so the must have a solution.

The only viable solution is to have one parent (or single parent) exempt, which is just the same as the status quo now.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
This is horsesnip. My daughter won't be participating in any wars and, frankly, if the feds decide differently they'll need a draft to move me out of the way. Women should not be in the military and they damn sure shouldn't be in combat. The whole reason men fight isn't for the country, it isn't for the asshats in positions of power, and it sure as hell isn't to bring freedom to some thrid world SNIPhole... it's because each of them have a woman and possibly kids are here in America. Move the women into the battlefield and, honestly, why the hell even bother fighting?

Woohoo

The only rules and laws worth following are the ones you support.

Good for you

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Move the women into the battlefield and, honestly, why the hell even bother fighting?

1. Bacon.

2. Bourbon.

3. BBQ.

The three B's dog, plenty worth fighting for still.

Plus when we all get back from war, we can just transition people to get the ratios right again.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You say what, Edgelord?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You say what, Edgelord?

Funny

What I said was your reaction is pretty typical.
I'm other debates you are all about the law and rules and blah blah.

Comes to something you don't like though and you just dismiss it.

It's cool.
Pretty much what I expected from a piece like you.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

That differs from your history of talking about wantonly breaking drug laws, DWIs, speeding, etc in what way, again? Neither of us are disappointed here, I expect you to bring very little to any discussion table, and here you are. Every squad needs an Urkel and, well, we have you so... keep doing you, Edgelord.

edit on 26-2-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join