It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour announces backing for a second Brexit referendum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

i was wondering if your in touch with any blue collar workers my family still lives on teesside no steel works or ship yards left after thatcher but still working in industry they all want out of eu that started as the common market that morphed into the monstrosity that's the eu

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How stupid does Corbyn’s team think the public is? Nice try to change the subject and distract for the antisemitism that seems to be ripping the Labour Party apart. I don’t think it’s going away that easily but nice try

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

And whats going to happen to the tourist trade which Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece

depend on?

Its just as cheap to go further these days most people I know have swapped their

normal beaches for Thialand and Goa and Morocco this coming year.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

very funny i choked on my beer but also pretty close to the truth

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Oh NO he doesnt

Sorry vid not transferring but Its Nigel blaming Soros and NOT wanting a

second referendum.

edit on 25-2-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: FawnyKate
EVEN if they somehow do get a second referendum It WILL be LEAVE!

I've got my finger firmly on the pulse of this nation.

There will be riots before they do though! Everyones biggest fear is Britain becoming patriotic again !

Carnage!

I sure hope you really know where your finger is!!!

On the streets of England! Not tucked in my New Jersey like a Catholic Priest.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The problem was that the EU had built in what was effectively a 2 year notice period.

I did not know that.
That actually clarifies things a lot, thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I could have sworn they already voted on this. They counted all the votes from everyone who voted. Yeah...it was in the news.

I understand the British EU Franchise Managers were not pleased. Pissing off the globalists is not wise as you may find your economy in a manipulated shambles. Or find yourself in the midst of an embarrassing smear campaign. No one likes sexual harassers or anti-semites.

Never fear though. Stiff upper lip and all that good British stuff. I know y'all have been a country for many centuries. You have endured war, famine, and pestilence. But it's 2019. The world has changed and Europe is so hip and cool. History doesn't exist anymore because we are so advanced.

There is no way you could possibly go on any longer without un-elected and unaccountable oversight unconcerned about your welfare. Yeah, I know you say the Queen is kinda' like that but trust me, she is TOTALLY all about England. Who needs that?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
so how many times is this going to be voted on exactly?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I see on sky news the EU leaders have suggested the UK take more time

I wonder why? could they be seeing a glimpse of their own cliff edge?

Theresa May is still insisting we will leave at the end of march ...... and

no deal is still on the table!!! Hmmn....Is the EU getting worried ?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I wonder why? could they be seeing a glimpse of their own cliff edge?

Theresa May is still insisting we will leave at the end of march ...... and

no deal is still on the table!!! Hmmn....Is the EU getting worried ?

I am sure there are/ Unfortunately there are a lot of traitors in the UK hell bent on weakening our negotiating position.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

I live very near Teesside and used to work on the Tees at Port Clarence.

Feelings are very strong around here and people are completely disillusioned with all political party's and the system they represent.

I suspect that if there is a second referendum and if the Brexit vote is overturned then the one certainty is a severely fractured nation with a deep distrust of the political process.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were outbursts of civil disobedience.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

i was wondering if your in touch with any blue collar workers my family still lives on teesside no steel works or ship yards left after thatcher but still working in industry they all want out of eu that started as the common market that morphed into the monstrosity that's the eu

Indeed - we never even voted to be in the EU in the first place.
Now we have voted to be out of the EU after being placed in it with no consultation.

Still, the traitors want us to vote again in the hope they can rig the vote to get what they want.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So.......if there is a 2nd referendum and Brexit is defeated then.......the UK remains a part of the EU?

Sounds great! The UK will continue as a vassal state of the EU and be over run by migrants.

I am sure you will be quite pleased!

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

So.......if there is a 2nd referendum and Brexit is defeated then.......the UK remains a part of the EU?

Sounds great! The UK will continue as a vassal state of the EU and be over run by migrants.

I am sure you will be quite pleased!

Good luck!

You know if there is a second vote and Remain wins, how many of the Remainers I wonder would be for a 3rd vote? I'd say none.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You are very correct.

As I have been learning of late, the big problem with Brexit, especially without a "deal" with the EU is that it cuts the UK off from its largest trading partner, i.e., the other vassall states of the EU, particularly France and Germany.

Without those trade deals the UK export economy is........kaput! So, the UK can be "free" and broke, or subjugated and not as broke.

Lousy choices really.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You are very correct.

As I have been learning of late, the big problem with Brexit, especially without a "deal" with the EU is that it cuts the UK off from its largest trading partner, i.e., the other vassall states of the EU, particularly France and Germany.

Without those trade deals the UK export economy is........kaput! So, the UK can be "free" and broke, or subjugated and not as broke.

Lousy choices really.

With no deal, trading continues.
Not only that, new trading opportunities open up.
We don't need to be tied to Europe.

edit on 25/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Except they really didn't. Sky, like all the mainstream outlets, have mis-reported Labour's press statement.

originally posted by: eletheia

Sky cannot be trusted.

Notes to editors
The full text of Labour’s amendment, to be tabled tomorrow, reads:

That this House instructs Ministers

(a) to negotiate with the EU for changes to the Political Declaration to secure:

(i) a permanent and comprehensive customs union with the EU;
(ii) close alignment with the single market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;

(iii) dynamic alignment on rights and protections;

(iv) commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation; and

(v) unambiguous agreement on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases;

(b) to introduce primary legislation to give statutory effect to this negotiating mandate; labour.org.uk...

Labour announced they will be tabling amendments.

Talk about another vote focus's on the deal, not on another leave/remain referendum.

The issue here isn't really about Brexit or the Labour party. It's about how the press keep lying to us, what motivates them to do so and why anyone still believes a single word they have to say.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Its just as cheap to go further these days most people I know have swapped their normal beaches for Thailand and Goa and Morocco this coming year.

See that's the difference between you and I. Most people I know are on the bones of their arse already worrying about whether they have a job next month, juggling whether to apply for a crisis loan or starve to feed their Kids this week.

If Brexit doesn't directly interfere with your day to day living I seriously hope for the likes of you the blowback will.

It's as simple as being on the winning side of a vote, isn't it?. It really is that simple for you. You even wish ill on the other 27 Eu countries without one single thought of what happens when an entire continent doesn't see eye to eye. you may have won the vote but history will tell how easily manipulated you were and I'm 100% sure the lasting effects of the outcome of that referendum will eventually come around to hit you hard.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

And where are they going to get their goods from ...... they take from 7/10 years

to negotiate deals so they the (EU) will be bereft of consumer goods?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join