It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity’s 30-million-page backup plan is heading to the moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So, one of two scenarios here which are further proof (IMO) of the futility of this effort...

1. Humans on earth finally "step in it" and vaporize themselves (i.e. kill, irradiate, drown, fry, die of thirst disease, coveting thy neighbor's wife...or just die from cow farts). 90% of the human race is gone. How the hell are we going to get to the Moon to get the discs...so mankind can do it all over again????

- OR -

2. ET comes trundling along and finds these discs. Hmmmm...what are these??? Interesting! Now ET knows the entire history of humans, it knows every strength, every weakness, every limitation, every value, every belief...basically everything. ET kicks back in the easy chair and has all humans bringing him beer and sammiches at will.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
a reply to: neoholographic

You should watch the movie The Thirteenth Floor, to see what can happen when people start figuring out they are inside simulations.

I love that movie. That and eXistenZ.

Yep, I think this is a good thing and they will continually send these archives throughout space. They will also send probes with AI throughout space who may discover many things even after our civilization has died out.

Again, many Scientist have reached the conclusion that extraterrestrials most likely exist and life isn't some one time miraculous event on our little third rock from the Sun.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's more being sent using DNA storage and you can submit photos you want to be included in the mission.

Arch Mission partners with Microsoft, University of Washington and Twist to send DNA library to moon

DNA-based data storage systems have been proposed as a theoretical way to preserve information for millennia on the moon, but the idea isn’t so theoretical anymore.

The Arch Mission Foundation says it’s partnering with Microsoft, the University of Washington and Twist Bioscience to send an archive of 10,000 crowdsourced images, the full text of 20 books and other information on Astrobotic’s 2020 mission to the moon.

All of the data for those files will be encoded in strands of synthetic DNA that could easily fit within a tiny glass bead. The Microsoft-UW-Twist team has already demonstrated how the method can be used for efficient storage and retrieval of data files, including an OK Go music video.

“‘Memories in DNA’ gives everyone an opportunity to participate and a way to preserve cherished memories, and now beyond planet Earth!” Ceze said. “We are honored to be part of this incredible project.” Photos destined for the lunar mission can be submitted via the “Memories in DNA” website or as an email attachment sent to [email protected]

www.geekwire.com...

Like I said, this will also be an important part of space exploration as we begin to try and colonize other planets in our solar systems.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Blimey - it's hard enough trying to find that elusive fact in a book that's actually in my house...

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
Oh, I don't know. Maybe the humanities type information would not age well, but math and science are pretty much 4-ever.

You mean how the Greeks had refined math, science and philosophy to a high degree, and then everybody essentially forgot about it for a 1,000 years or so during the Dark Ages? It'll happen again.

In fact, how do we know there's not already a repository of advanced knowledge sitting on the Moon right now, left by a race of critters who lived on Earth a billion years ago? It sure didn't help us much in the meantime!
edit on 26-2-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I wonder if it mentions the forced relocation and murder of the Palestinians

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Let's be honest: The only important cultures on it were European and Japanese. The rest was crap.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000

I wonder if it mentions the forced relocation and murder of the Palestinians

The ones the KGB and Yasser arafatt are on file creating? those palestinians? Arafat gave the game away on a hot mike in the past and even ex PLO have said the palestinian people are technically a lie.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As flyingclaydisk said at the top of the page ...
Humanity is on its last legs, all infrastructure is ruined and we can barely produce any power for anything.

"Hey bob where did we leave all those plans that would help us get humanity back up and running"
"Oh we kept them real safe ... we put them on the moon"
"So can we build anything to go and get them?"
"Sure. But we need the plans to build the rockets"
"So go get the plans bob we could save humanity"
"Ummm ... they are on the moon"

Possibly more so worrying they are being held by the Israelis they just looooove helping people

edit on 26-2-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wonder if it contains Hillary Clinton's 30,000 missing emails too

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join