It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide instructions spliced into kids’ cartoons on YouTube and YouTube Kids

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Eh, ours doesn't YouTube without one of us around to keep an eye on what he's seeing.

Thing is that we know the iPads they have at school have YouTube access and the kids use it. We're not especially pleased with that. There's all kinds of stuff we don't want him dealing with at his age on YouTube.

He came home freaked out because one of his classmates was showing him clips of It on the iPad, and they scared him.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
That's Joji... aka filthy frank...

It's a YouTube character.

He made a bunch of green screen crap and other ppl put them in videos they are a meme.

Does one he says stop... this is cancer....

You guys being trolled

I'm guessing you missed the part where someone took those clips and spliced them into videos targetted towards children that youtube allowed onto their kids app?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Doesn't matter who the ## it is... what matters is some sicko/psycho is splicing the clearly inappropriate content into content that is watched by young children. Your response trying to justify it ("old folks eh?") is indicative that you're either an immature teenager or adult with "issues".

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: dug88

WELP, if you let your kid play on your phone unattended before the age of 10. your a terrible lazy parent and you deserve to have you children exposed to this crap.

i'll say it again for those in the back. people that let their toddlers play on their phones and or use the internet for any reason at all ARE BAD PARENTS.

That’s just a sad a$$ excuse kiddi pervs and those who like to target children use. Grow up and quit blaming parents !!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

This sort of thing disturbs me. My daughter allows my granddaughter to watch Youtube unsupervised the majority of the time and she is only 8 years old. I'm pretty confident she is smart enough not to follow unsolicited, spliced in suicide advice when she's watching her cartoons (she's a serious tattle tale so I'm sure she would alert her Mom pretty quickly) but not all kids have common sense. Scary business!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Next up, children's cartoons with iDubbbz snippets telling them how to claim they're gay or suffering from crippling depression.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Perhaps parents should more closely monitor their kids' viewing habits like actual parents are supposed to and then this wouldn't be an issue. The point being, too many kids are set down in front of the TV or handed an iPad for entertainment when mom and dad just want them out of their hair. Making cartoons the playground of edgelords on Youtube just might be a catalyst that make parents realize their model isn't the best way to parent.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Muh lagz

Sorry for page 1.
edit on 25-2-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Oh I agree completely -- but I also feel like any sicko deliberately creating/publishing videos in this way, with the intent for young children to watch them, should be identified and ousted -- if not by any laws -- then at least publicly exposed and shamed/ridiculed/confronted and possibly monitored.

Keep in mind that most parents are oblivious that this is even a problem, particularly with 'Youtube Kids' which is supposed to be safe/filtered for children. But the way these sickos are splicing the inappropriate scenes within the child-friendly videos makes it very difficult for them to be filtered out. I'd at the very least hope that Youtube bans/blacklists and possibly IP blocks the sickos from being able to publish anything and promptly remove all their videos just to be sure.
edit on 25/2/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Navieko

Perhaps parents should more closely monitor their kids' viewing habits like actual parents are supposed to and then this wouldn't be an issue. The point being, too many kids are set down in front of the TV or handed an iPad for entertainment when mom and dad just want them out of their hair. Making cartoons the playground of edgelords on Youtube just might be a catalyst that make parents realize their model isn't the best way to parent.

Just curious on how you parented ? When you had chores to do or dinner to make , did all your children eagerly follow you around to help ?

I grew up watching cartoons on tv, and now I see as an adult many had subliminal messages that my parents weren’t aware of back in the day.

While I do think it’s important for parents to closely monitor their children in the digital age, I also think it’s impossible to completely safeguard them from all harm unless you want to become a neurotic helicopter parent.

The blame for these videos on a kids youtube channel needs to be put on those responsible for splicing it in.

Satan’s war on children is alive and well, and this is just another example of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Just curious on how you parented ? When you had chores to do or dinner to make , did all your children eagerly follow you around to help ?

We have never used the TV as a babysitter. When my wife or I aren't in the room, kids are reading, playing, or working on a craft project. The TV isn't on much anyway unless I'm playing a videogame, and we don't even have cable TV or an aerial. I use KODI to pull up TV shows I specifically wish to watch and stream them from there, but again, the TV isn't on without an adult in the den.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I would love to see more examples.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Lol lol someone using filthy Frank green screen footage to troll

Yeah I noticed that right away too, why are they using a picture of FilthyFrank, he’s not a kids channel at all

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Holy God. I hope, by some of the comments here shifting blame OFF parents, that those people dont have kids for God sake. You are part of the problem, and its YOU who also had #ty parents. I'm sad for not only your children, but their kids as well. Thanks for being a big part of whats wrong with society.
edit on 25-2-2019 by BoscoMoney because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2019 by BoscoMoney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Just out of curiosity, what sort of video games do you play ? I imagine they are appropriate for children in the background to watch ?
I commend you for not allowing your children to watch TV. There is a lot of crap on children’s shows that if parents knew they would be shocked, much like these kid’s YouTube vids.

I just don’t like all the blame put on parents, and letting the real perps getting away with this sic crap because “oh... parents should be watching their children”

Some parents work long hard hours and have limited choices for child care. You going to blame them if the babysitter lets the kids watch vids on her phone, even if specifically asked not to.

I ‘m just trying to be a little more considerate of how tough a parents job can be at times.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Holy God. I hope, by some of the comments here shifting blame OFF parents, that those people dont have kids for God sake. You are part of the problem, and its YOU who also had #ty parents. I'm sad for not only your children, but their kids as well. Thanks for being a big part of whats wrong with society.

I’m not shifting blame off parents, just putting on to where it belongs. The siccos who create this stuff !!
If you want to blame parents for everything , then lets take a good look at how your parents raised you. Not putting the blame where it clearly belongs might be an indication of some bad parenting.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Lol lol someone using filthy Frank green screen footage to troll

Yeah I noticed that right away too, why are they using a picture of FilthyFrank, he’s not a kids channel at all

Did you or Lysergic actually read the article? Or did you both see the picture and just stop there?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Trolling people is nothing new.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AProudLefty
Whether new or not, "trolling" young children with that crap is not acceptable and is the behavior of a sick/twisted mentality. The videos are literally structured to be slipped/unfiltered through to Youtube Kids content which means young children are watching them, not adults. That goes a bit beyond being able to use "just trolling" as a legitimate excuse.

For the record I don't think parents should allow their kids to watch Youtube un-monitored, but we live in a society where unfortunately it is a standard practice across the World -- and I'd still like to think that these sickos and this problem are publically ousted when/where possible. If nothing else it alerts parents to the issue and may make them think twice about letting their young kid's get on Youtube in the first place.

edit on 25/2/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

Trolling people is nothing new.

It's one thing to troll people. It's another thing to troll parents by slipping stuff into their kids' entertainment that basically is a version of them telling those kids to kill themselves.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join