It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovered a Mountain of Rotting Garbage in My House this Weekend

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is mental illness.
I had some troubles earlier in life and had to see a head doctor.
He gave me a bunch of papers with all kinds of weird questions about myself that I had to answer so he could
better diagnostice(?) me, and several of those questions was like: 'Do you have problems with your personal hygiene?' and 'do you have problems keeping your house tidy?' and so on and so forth.
Also the same question came up several times but with different wording.
Its been plenty of years now and I dont remember very much but I do remember those questions about cleaning and hygiene and thinking hmmm how strange people must be..

Then yeeears later I see Hoarders on the tv and it all clicked into place :-)
So yes. mental problems. the worst problems... its obvious.

Thanks!

edit on 25/2/19 by Nivek555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Going out on a limb, but I think it's fair to say you can't use mental illness as an excuse for "a portion" of this type of population.

Since the beginning of history there have been people who live in filth an actually LIKE it that way. Insane as that sounds. Put them in a clean environment then watch them work at 150% double time to funk it up until it gets to their level of comfort ( a Hazmat nightmare).

It becomes a "choice".
An that's where the wheels come off our bus, cause we immediately go into a caring mode cause OBVIOUSLY these people have mental health issues. However humanity is pretty diverse brain-wise an we exclude even looking at the fact people are individuals an some make very different choices VS what we would. BUT they're fine with it!!!

That's the really telling point.
They like it, we looking in from the outside don't. Everyone in this thread jumped to mental health issues or hoarding, but are missing the third category. Some people aren't happy without the chaos, without the funk ,open spaces are seen as a challenge by them an not a blessing.

I agree shaming isn't the way to go cause people who truly have issues just withdraw, people who hoard can't listen cause it's an obsession an people who enjoy filth don't care what we think. I totally don't get that mindset but like Dug88 experienced it. Took a legal battle an $$$ to get it sorted in my situation and right up until the last day this person still couldn't comprehend that other people don't live that way. Sometimes you just have to accept that people are all different an just walk away from what you personally can't allow around you.

edit on 25-2-2019 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Dude sounds like a hoarder to me.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join