It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovered a Mountain of Rotting Garbage in My House this Weekend

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So, I had to kick out our roommate this weekend. It's been a bunch of months now of him stealing, not paying bills and at this point it's been over a month since he paid rent...anyway. It really sucked, it's someone i've known for a long time and despite his bull# was hard to do...but...that's not the point.

Went into his bedroom for pretty much the first time since moving in there almost 10 years ago. There's been this smell of death emanating from there for at least a month now.

I'd always known his room was fairly full of garbage...but...oh god...I never expected what I found in there.

I debated on posting pictures. I decided against it...as pissed as I am i'll respect his privacy...

But...holy sweet #...to call it mountain of garbage would be an understatment. It's the only room large enough for a king sized bed. As i opened the door, maggots fell on me from the doorframe. There was no floor visible, most of the bed was covered in garbage, only a small sliver was visible that he'd been using to sleep on. In the section he'd been sleeping on, I discovered what was causing the smell. There was a bag of what looked like at least month old sushi full of maggots and flies just rotting away right about where his legs would be when he sleeps. I picked it up and an explosion of flies came out of. I immediately disposed of this outside. The garbage was mostly pizza boxes, chicken boxes, empty meat packs that kind of #. All with food still in it that had spilled out and was rotting away on the bed. Every surface in the room was covered with dead maggots.

Then I noticed the piss bottles. Stacks of liquor bottles, plastic water bottles and just about anything else capable of holding liquids full of piss all over the room. A while back, he jacked the microwave out of the kitchen and brought it into his room. It's pretty much garbage now. It's covered in piss bottles, old cans with food dripping out onto the microwave that's congealed and rotted there.

I honestly don't even know how everything is going to be removed. It's going to cost a bunch of money, we can't even get rent and there's a good chance there's a bunch of damage to the floor. If I lived somewhere I could have outdoor fires, I would have spent the weekend with a nice bonfire going.

I just can't even understand how someone could live like that. He literaly slept cuddled up to rotting garbage while maggots crawled on him in the night.

I've seen some fairly disgusting things in my life, I think his room is probably the most disgusting thing i've ever seen. I almost hope he's on drugs or something so there's at least an explanation for the way he's been, since pretty much last summer or longer now. It makes me sad. He was always someone i'd thought of as a friend. The last few weeks have shown me differently.

I dunno...I just needed to rant about that...it just boggles my mind. I've never seen anything like it before, even in the worst of those hoarder documentaries.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Congrats on the garage sale profits?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I honestly don't know how this could have not been known by you. You lived there and never once saw into the room as he entered or exit?

Never once caught a rouge maggot trying to map the outside world as he crawled out from the door and down the hall?

The smell?

ETA: You're lucky his crap pile didn't catch on fire some night while you were sleeping, killing everyone.
edit on 25-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Honestly I knew it was bad. I just never imagined that bad. He's a chef, he always left for work after me and came back while I was sleeping. His door couldn't open fully, you couldn't really see in even those few times i was there when he did go in and out. I dunno, he was always pretty good at staying out of other people's rooms, I never had a reason to go in there so I just never did.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Never live with other people.

If you can help it.

LOL.

Wow.

Pee bottles!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'd be pissed though, this will cost you thousands. No way I'd care about his privacy(not saying I wan't to see pictures though, I've watched hoarders enough).

I'm sure the floor needs to be replaced, not just he carpet but the actual wood. Hopefully that's all, might be some mold damage that would require even more work. Obviously whole room needs to be stripped, bleached and repainted.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Honestly I knew it was bad. I just never imagined that bad. He's a chef, he always left for work after me and came back while I was sleeping. His door couldn't open fully, you couldn't really see in even those few times i was there when he did go in and out. I dunno, he was always pretty good at staying out of other people's rooms, I never had a reason to go in there so I just never did.

If you are the property owner(or primary renter and sub renting), you have a right(and now you see, every reason) to occasionally inspect the room for damage or any other issues.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

one man trash is another man's treasure.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: dug88

If you are the property owner(or primary renter and sub renting), you have a right(and now you see, every reason) to occasionally inspect the room for damage or any other issues.

I'm not the landlord or primary renter. Everyone's name is on the lease. We had to talk to the landlord about the situation just.to legally kick him out.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Urine vermin maggots flies old food containers!!!

Hint - keep your address and ID secret, before the local authorities condemn it.

What the "F"

How do people live like this?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Primitive tribal people in mud huts don't even live that way!

My uncle is a hoarder and I cleaned his place up once. The deeper down you cleaned, the older the items were. I even found stuff from when his kids lived there in the late 1970s before he got divorced from my aunt. His kitchen was bad with old food but no maggots and flies. My grandmother, his mother, was the same, I got into her place one time when she wasn't home and the smell made me think she might be dead under a pile somewhere. She was OK and I didn't find the source of the smell, but there could have been some maggots based on the smell. When she died my aunt and mother cleaned out the place and burned most of the stuff, it was a sheet load apparently. My step father's place is so cluttered up from hoarding, he won't let anyone in his place (it was like that with my grandmother). I imagine it will be a huge project after he passes away too.

Living alone in a deep depression seems to bring on the hoarding and filth is my impression. After a while people stop caring about their living conditions. Amazing how a civilized human can devolve into such a state.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
How do people live in the same house for ten years and not know this? TEN years and he was stealing from you? Obviously we don't know your entire circumstances, but this whole thing is beyond bizarre.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Some people cannot even take care of themselves. They truly do have problems.

The question though is whether he left all this for you? Sort of revenge.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You would think that he would have a somewhat sanitary room since he is a chef. I hope that all chefs don't live like that, their clothes would shed bacteria all over the place in the kitchen of the restaurant.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
How do people live in the same house for ten years and not know this? TEN years and he was stealing from you? Obviously we don't know your entire circumstances, but this whole thing is beyond bizarre.

That just started recently within the last few months. I dunno what's been going on with him. We're starting to think he's on drugs or something or just gone crazy.

Until lately he's always been a fairly trustworthy person.

Yeah...it has been bizarre. Trust me I understand.

He spent a lot of time in his room, nobody ever really seen him much. He just kinda lived there. Had no problem paying bills and stuff prior. He's an adult, if he wanted to sit in his room all the time it's his choice it's just nobody realized what terrible choices he'd been making until it started affecting everyone.

It was getting obvious he was having problems or something. He never said anything and just started acting like an asshole. Basically the opposite of the way he'd been for years. We tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit. It got to the point where we realized we just couldn't any more.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What scares me about this story is that he was a chef ? šŸ˜®

I wonder why he lost his job ? Bringing maggots to work?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

"Sir, you can't bring those in here!"

"These are my emotional support maggots."

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Did your bathroom have issues? Was it really far from his room or something?

Iā€™m just trying to figure out what makes someone keep bottled piss around the room.....

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

He quit a job he'd had for a couple years early last year. Third chef at a fairly nice restaurant, took another job in a different restaurant somewhere. Sometime around last November, I think, just after he'd missed a bill payment and about a month after we'd noticed things go missing, he announced.he'd quit his job to go work in a greenhouse. I'm guessing he didn't get paid very well or at all or who knows what? At some point in January after we told him he needed to be out by the end of February, i'm guessing he got another chef job, because he started the restaurant hours again. Never got any money for February, he made zero effort to move or look for a place or pack his stuff so it came down to just kicking him out.

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Did your bathroom have issues? Was it really far from his room or something?

Iā€™m just trying to figure out what makes someone keep bottled piss around the room.....

Nope, bathroom works fine. I dunno either. I mean I can understand maybe not wanting to get up, I guess if you're really #ing lazy but, the not emptying it immediately in the morning thing....and the fact that there was multiple(I purposefully chose not to count them...but there was more than 10).
edit on 25/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Maggots can be high and protein, and Andrew Zimmern even says they have a nice nutty flavor profile.

perhaps he was raising those maggots to bring to work on purpose.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join