It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez: People Maybe Shouldn’t Reproduce Due To Climate Change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh look, it's Trump's insurance actress again

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

While I don't agree with her statement, it's not about hating whites. It has to do with minorities (Especially black) who lost out on countless opportunities to accumulate wealth in their families past.

Whereas, white people have had no racist barriers from wealth accumulation.

Then there is the wat on drugs and the justice system which unfairly screwed over minority communities much more than white.

However, I don't agree with reparations and forced diversity. It's not hate though, it is reparations basically.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sean hannity..... Why even link to a hannity video and support a pure bias talking head.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
My legitimate question, you know, would be, 'How is it possible for someone to act so bewildered and foolishly clueless, when they supposedly graduating Cum Laude from college?"

My question exactly!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I'm really beginning to think that the Democrats are pushing these talking points as their platform:

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.

Unite humanity with a living new language.

Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.

Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

Balance personal rights with social duties.

Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.

Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

And this so-called "New Green Deal" is nothing more then a means to an end for them.

edit on 25-2-2019 by Guyfriday because: Prediction of the future

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

So..... you have a problem with making world better for children and their children?

By not having children? That makes total sense!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Anyone who takes advice on their family life from a politician probably shouldn't be reproducing anyways.

Just a thought.

Bu-but, planned parenthood! Womens need the PP for their health! Just don't go there expecting to get a mammogram, because they don't do that. I guess its not part of that health thing.

ETA: Huh, that was a complete accident. I'm gonna leave it lol.
edit on 25-2-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: underpass61

She did? At what time during the video?

That is the logical outcome of questioning the morality of having children. Generally speaking, you don't seek to do what's immoral.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Careful family planning is the logical outcome of any family.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

She doesn't say don't have children.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The fact that she believes in a scientific consensus should be your clue that she is full of it.

97% was already debunked.

Science is never settled, and when you dig deeper, you find that these scientist don't share a consensus opinion on what is being effected and how, let alone the definitive cause.
edit on 25-2-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
She should lead by example and schedule a hysterectomy for herself next week.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AProudLefty

There’s scientific consensus that the lives of children are going to be very difficult. And it does lead, I think, young people to have a legitimate question, you know, is it okay to still have children?

Those are her words.

It leads you to the conclusion that it's not OK to still have children.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The next step to this insanity is, "we are going to have to start killing people."

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think She's great. Woman on top is sometimes the best way!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Families ask that all the time, especially when their lives are hectic and are too busy to have children. Families should be concerned about their children's future. That is natural and normal.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So..... you have a problem with making world better for children and their children?

By not having children? That makes total sense!

They don't want you to have children.

They can have as many as the nanny can handle.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AProudLefty

Most families aren't asking that question because they think not having children is about saving the planet though.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

We get it already, you want to get up in her political identity, but you should be aware that the words she chooses to use can lead to very dangerous things. Eugenics is not far off from what she is pushing, even if she is unaware of it, it's there. Stating that not everyone should be having kids because of how the world is, is going to be followed be statements of who should have kids and what those kids should be.

If we are to follow through to the end thoughts of this message that's being pushed by the "faux environmentalists" then we must understand that they are saying that the Earth can only support a few people. Who choses who those few are, and how do you regulate how many of those few exist, reproduce, live? I'm sure that these people like Cortez already have idea's in their heads about that. Hell just the other day Al Gore was trying to push the narrative that these migrant trains trying to gain illegal access to the US are due to climate change, and not politic turmoil.

SO while you and many other can sit back and gaze into her anime styled eyes and blisteringly wide teethy smile, and ignore the words coming out of the orifice in her head. I and others will listen to the message these people like her are spouting off to their followers, and sound the words of caution to others.

"A man can dance blindly like a fool and enjoy it, but a wise man will see the falling of society and stop it"
Greek Proverb

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Does anyone else think it is strange that none of her "friends" in DC have told her to at least "tone it down" or at most "STOP TALKING"????

I mean seriously, why are they letting the "crazy" run wild like this?
She says some very crazy stuff, and none of them comment on it?

I'm pretty sure her apologists just see her as some benign Anti-Trump.

Well if Trump can be eccentric to get noticed, why can't she?

The same people with no character judgement voted her in, and defend her on social media like ATS.

I swear the whole world has gone bananas and I'm tired of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join