It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC is Lying to You, and You Know It.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
We all learned by AOC herself that at first she was talking about implementing a 70%-90% tax on the rich. She has now changed her rhetoric trying to see what lie most people in America will believe in.

But hey, since "Liberals" own youtube and most of the media, it seems the videos are now "lost in limbo maybe"? Because I can't find them anymore on the top search. A lot of "Liberals," and democrats seem to have forgotten she also talked about a 90% tax on the rich.

Julian Castro cites 90 percent tax on rich in defending Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on tax hikes

She now claims to want to implement a 70% tax on the rich after their 10 million.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez suggests 70% tax on rich to fund Green New Deal: 'Call me a radical'

But here is the thing.

According to figures from 2017 there are a total of 10.8 millionaires, not multi-millionaires, in the U.S.

A record number of Americans are now millionaires, new study shows

Let's assume that there are 1.08 million multi-millionaires, which I think is a figure that is too high.

If only 10% of the 10.8 millionaires are multi-millionaires who make over $10 million dollars that means that about 1.08 million people in the U.S. are multi-millionaires that make more than $10 million a year.

So she supposedly wants to tax 70% of the 1 million after their $10 million income. That means her idea would make $700,000 U.S.D. per multi-millionaire which in total would be 756,000,000,000.

But the thing is, she also wants to give "medicare for all" which has been stipulated to cost about 32.6 trillion dollars for 10 years.

How much would 'Medicare for All' cost? Democrats' health care plan explained

AOC also wants to give free college education to everyone. How much do you think that will cost?

According to B. Sanders:

The estimated cost of the program is $47 billion a year. That would cover, Sanders estimates, 67% of the $70 billion it costs for tuition at public colleges and universities. States, he proposes, would cover the remaining 33%.

www.usatoday.com...

B. Sanders and locos like AOC also want "free housing for all," "$15 U.S.D. wage for all", among many of their other "claims."

How will the rich pay the rest of the over 318 million Americans a wage of $15 U.S.D. if most of their money will be "redistributed" to all these programs B. Sanders and AOC among others want?

The fact is that it won't just be a 70% tax on the rich making over $10 million. There will be many other taxes which eventually will also be paid by every one of us.

The additions of all these taxes together will be the cause for inflation of the U.S. dollar, the lost of millions of jobs since "the rich won't be rich anymore," and the complete paralyzation of the nation's infrastructure.

The fact is AOC, B. Sanders and others like them are lying to you, and trying to see what lies you swallow meanwhile they try to lure the U.S. into becoming Venezuela.

edit on 24-2-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
AOC derangement syndrome

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
AOC derangement syndrome

Gotcha. In other words you have no real counter-argument to give.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I like her because she makes Republicans so angry. If we are experiencing depression style poverty rates maybe we need to return back to FDR levels of taxation. The profits from productivity gains are so high the billionaires will not even see a shred of difference to their lifestyles.

The music will keep playing! It sure looks like a young Trump in the first 20 seconds of the video!

edit on 24-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Good calculations !!

About time somebody realizes the Democrat BS is just BS 😎

They can tax all they want but it's not enough to cover the actual costs.

Eventually everybody would have to pay 80% flat, but they won't tell you that will they 😎

And if everybody gets "educated" beyond their capacities, who would be left to do the labor jobs ?

They won't answer that either 😎

Democrats always dream the cream dream without the frosting 😃

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
She's a politician. Left, right or somewhere in the middle, all politicians lie. Its the nature of the business, the nature of the beast.

Given that, of course she is lying about some stuff. They all are. In politics, left or right, we mostly choose to believe the lies that we like the best.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Really?... AOC vision on "medicare for all" alone will cost $3.26 trillion dollars per year. You think the rich make that much money?... They do not make that much money, which means that the rest of us will also have more taxes to pay. And that's "medicare for all" by itself and not the other "delusions" AOC has.

BTW, you liking her because she makes republicans/conservative angry meanwhile you ignore the fact that she and Bernie would essentially destroy the economy of this nation speaks volumes about you.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Oopsie (sorry) wrong thread.

I thought it said AC/DC is lying.

Not sure what they ever lied about.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
She's a DORK. And will be thrown out like trash in about a year or so.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
BTW, as I was stating earlier my figure of about 10% of millionaires being multi-millionaires is wrong.

In 2010 there were roughly 2,000 Americans who made over $10 million a year.

Two Thousand Americans Made Over $10 Million Last Year

If now that number doubled it would mean that there "could be" roughly about 4,000 people who earn more than $10 million a year. Remember these are only "guesstimates."

So if 4,000 people in the U.S. were charged $700,000 a year that means AOC tax for her "Green New Deal" would only get about 2,800,000,000. So roughly she would get 2.8 Billion a year by taxing 70% to multi-millionaires whom make more than $10 million a year. Which will not be enough to pay for her "Green New Deal."

Switching to renewable energy would conservatively cost more than $400 billion annually.

www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 24-2-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add excerpt and link.

edit on 25-2-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Looks like the "Green New Deal" is designed to make the "Green" go in the wrong direction 😎

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez does NOT practice in her personal life what she tells everyone else to do. She lives a life of luxury and pampering. Heard last week that she inked a $10 million movie deal of her biography.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Read your sources. ugh

A lot of "Liberals," and democrats seem to have forgotten she also talked about a 90% tax on the rich.

Julian Castro cites 90 percent tax on rich in defending Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on tax hikes
She now claims to want to implement a 70% tax on the rich after their 10 million.

So you used the above story as proof she asked for 90 percent tax but the story makes no such claim and even talks about AOC wanting to implement a 60-70 tax.

"made the comments after Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., caught flak for suggesting people earning more than $10 million could be taxed between "60 or 70 percent.""

The additions of all these taxes together will be the cause for inflation of the U.S. dollar, the lost of millions of jobs since "the rich won't be rich anymore," and the complete paralyzation of the nation's infrastructure.

Yeah because the current system rocks right now. The rich get all the benefits while the poor can barely pay for any benefits. The rich get even richer off the poor because they can pay slave labor.

How much do the poor actually pay in taxes? Probably more than you think.

those in the bottom fifth of earners pay almost a fifth of their income in taxes. According to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, the lowest-income quintile — those making less than $19,000 a year — pay almost 11 percent of their income in state and local taxes.

Working people, even if they don’t make enough money to pay federal income tax, also pay payroll taxes that contribute to Social Security and Medicare. And anyone who drives a car pays gas taxes. The old cliché really does hold true — the only thing as inevitable as death are taxes.

One fifth of one’s income would be a lot for anyone. But for a low-income family struggling to get by, those costs really add up. “When I go to the store, I’m pinching pennies all the time because we never have enough food and everything,” said one woman in Ohio when I asked about the sales tax. If one’s fiscal contributions are measured in the hardship they impose, the poor are paying dearly.

Overall, the tax system is moderately progressive; rich people pay a higher percentage than poor people, but almost everyone pays substantial amounts. At the very, very top of the income spectrum, however, taxes stop being progressive.

Once you reach the top 0.1 percent, effective tax rates actually start going down. Each of the top 1,300 richest households in America made more than $62 million in 2012, but they pay a lower percentage in federal income taxes than upper-middle-class people. Still, almost every person — excluding multinational corporate “persons” — pays a substantial amount of their income into government coffers.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rokal

There was a thread on ATS about it, not to mention the fact that Bernie Sanders and other democrats have also called for an increase of 90% tax on the rich.

Bernie Sanders wants to tax the rich at 90%. Here's why that's not crazy

edit on 25-2-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add links.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Yokal

AOC is a graduate of jokeconomics 😀

Understands all the "dollars and noncents" 😊

Che-vrolet has announced a new car for 2020.....The Chevy Cortez Model GND with a special 1 horsepower engine 😁

The engine uses oats for fuel 😀

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

What's funny is you said it yourself: income inequality is at a near record high. Isn't that one of AOC and Bernie Sander's main talking points, about why the economy isn't working for most Americans? Thanks!

Source: Emmanuel Saez, UC Berkeley

Where exactly did she lie, again? I think I missed it.

Anyways, I am going to only address the Medicare thing, 'cause I don't wanna be stuck here all night, but...

Miller-Lewis referred to figures not highlighted in the report that show that between 2022 and 2031, the currently projected cost of health care expenditures in the U.S. of $59.4 trillion would dip to $57.6 trillion under the “Medicare-for-all” plan. That’s how Sanders arrives at his claim that the study “shows that Medicare for All would save the American people $2 trillion over a 10 year period.” (See Table 2.)

Wow, it would actually save us in the long term, according to the Koch Brothers of all people. It's funny when the opposition ends up making the argument for us.

For 2017 the total cost of medical expenditures was 3.5 Trillion, up almost 5%. You do the math. What do we have to lose?
edit on 25-2-2019 by VoiceOfTheEmperor because: Clarifiying

edit on 25-2-2019 by VoiceOfTheEmperor because: Clarifying

edit on 25-2-2019 by VoiceOfTheEmperor because: OCD

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Champion of the working class

+156 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Into women's fashion, are you? It's cool to have hobbies.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Politics of a $3,000 Suit

When the castigating got traction, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez shot back at her critics, pointing out the obvious — that she did not buy the clothes she wore for the shoot. They were lent to the magazine for the purpose of taking pictures.

a) The alt-right doesn’t seem to understand the concept of magazine shoots

b) You don’t get to keep the clothes, duh

c) I don’t “pretend” to fight for a Living Wage & Medicare for All. I do it.

d) Get used to me slaying lewks because I am an excellent thrift shopper pic.twitter.com/Nd2m6WoCxF
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Ocasio2018) September 15, 2018

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rokal

A.) Why represent something you don't approve of? Nobody forced her to wear clothes that embody capitalist excess.

B.) A member of Congress using the word "duh" is not a sign of progress.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join