It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris: ‘Of Course We Can Afford’ Trillion Dollars of Spending in Green New Deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why is the democratic party infested with complete and utter morons?

We can afford to spend trillions that do absolutely NOTHING.

The left is hungry for ideas!

Ideas don't do snip.

Climate change is an 'existential' threat to us!

Harris is a dumb arse.

Harris said, “It’s not about a cost. It’s about an investment. And the question should be, is it worth the cost in terms of the investment potential? Are we going to get back more than we put in?”

The first rule of investing.

Don't waste money.

We can afford to spend TRILLIONS because don't snips want ideas.

Here's an IDEA.

The biggest threat we face are morons like Harris.

I retort.

YOU DECIDE.

PS how does medicare for all do snip about greenhouse gases or what ever else they pull out of their rears.

edit on 24-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Democrats never stop the attempts to take over the entire population and place the 99% into perpetual pauperhood 😎

They will say and do anything to make you believe the agenda 💥

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

We can afford it. When the government needs money they simply print it. All your ink and paper in the bank is worth as much as the government is willing to dilute. That being said, we should just do away with taxes since the government habitually dilutes the value of your money by putting more into circulation anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Right people.

We can afford cash giveaways for land grabs,unions,'communities'.

Create millions of family supporting-wage, union jobs

Ensure a just transition for all communities and workers to ensure economic security for people and communities that have historically relied on fossil fuel industries

Ensure justice and equity for frontline communities by prioritizing investment, training, climate and community resiliency, economic and environmental benefits in these communities.

I particularly like this snip.

Economic environment free of monopolies

Except medicare for all which is a GD monopoly.

assets.documentcloud.org...

This is massive investment in our economy and society, not expenditure. o We invested 40-50% of GDP into our economy during World War 2 and created the greatest middle class the US has seen.

Current GDP is 19.39 Trillion.

50% of that is a hell of alot more than 3 trillion.

The Green New Deal is one giant turd sandwhich, and I refuse to take a bite.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

The more they "print", the richer the rich get 😎

They don't call it "Green" for nuthin 😎

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

both the democratic and republican parties are infested.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Not in this case.

R's thoughts on the GND are well known.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It is true, that Harris is an utter and complete moron. And besides all those fancy words she said, her party has NEVER done any of those things before, like "prioritizing investments" except to make sure the back room investments (using taxpayer funds), give kick backs and hidden income streams to the insiders. The rest of all the money the democrat party has spent in the past has mostly been lost to their own scams that they initiated.

Like the billions Obama appropriated illicitly to fund his Obamacare web site that failed, but the money disappeared.

The democrat party has absolute CONTEMPT for all of their own constituents!. If they could pull it off and get the go-ahead for any kind of "green new deal" they would use it to expand their own power base and incorporate it into the growth of government exponentially just like Obamacare did, and then every right Americans have will be put on the fast track for total erasure.

She must be locked up quickly.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
FDR Began confiscating American gold the year he signed the New Deal.

Interesting little FACTOID.

So what do people think they're really going to get in the 2.0 version?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
FDR Began confiscating American gold the year he signed the New Deal.

Interesting little FACTOID.

So what do people think they're really going to get in the 2.0 version?

Dude didn't even wait a month.

New Deal March 1933.

Executive Order 6102 April 5th, 1933.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

A far-reaching new policy aims to reduce emissions, give everyone jobs, and convince rural voters to side with the Democrats, all at the same time.

It's not about saving the planet AT ALL.

www.vice.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

oh boy you missed this part

that is some thing to digest

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Don't trust a democrat with money, especially K. Harris. Didn't she lose about $3.7m a few years ago when she was DA in San Francisco to prosecute illegal aliens. (Yeah....like THAT was going to happen.)

Free $$$ for slush...just vote for us! That's the Dem's new 2020 slogan.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I didn't miss it.

Feinstein will get in line like all the Borg do.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I doubt Harris's spouse/partner gets more back that he puts in (it) lol. Probably a pretty lousy investment, not unlike AOC's green deal :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I never join a union by choice. When i was young i was forced into a union when i worked part time for UPS. At one point i was laid off, receiving no pay check, but i did receive a bill from the union for my dues. I wasnt a fan before and less of a fan now.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I shared that misery.

They went on strike though.

Never again.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

I never join a union by choice. When i was young i was forced into a union when i worked part time for UPS. At one point i was laid off, receiving no pay check, but i did receive a bill from the union for my dues. I wasnt a fan before and less of a fan now.

They are really pushing the Unions in the GND. I finally read the whole thing today. Easy read, and some of the ideas seem altruistic and ideal in a Utopian kind of way but the concepts are ruined by the ridiculous extremism of the idea, the undoable time frame and the massive amount of money it would take to NOT achieve those goals. Then pushing the Unions down peoples throat seem very wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Jesus Christ, I don’t know what was worse, that old bat saying “ I know what I’m doing”, or all the brainwashed kids.....I’m going to go with the kids.....

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No way we should spend that kind of money with zero benefit to the actual taxpayers. It is more Government waste without an benefit to he people they represent.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join