It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Ole Miss athletes kneel during anthem in response to pro-Confederacy rally: report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Several members of the University of Mississippi's basketball team knelt during the playing of the "The Star-Spangled Banner" before Saturday's home game against Georgia, in response to a pro-Confederacy rally that was being held near the team's arena in Oxford, Miss.

Several Ole Miss athletes kneel during anthem in response to pro-Confederacy rally: report

So now the kneeling protests that have infected the NFL, has finally entered NCAA basketball.

They kneel during the national anthem to protest a confederate rally. They protest an anthem that in no way shape or form represents what once was the confederate. And in no way shape or form makes any rational sense. Their couch supports them. Apparently the university does as well.

I hope that the NCAA does not support this and will stop this infection on the spot before it spreads. Instead of ignoring the hate to the point of oblivion, the continuous acknowledgement further fuels hates fires. Hate's desire is to disrupt, discontinue, and separate. Not unite. When they kneel, they feed into the divisiveness and perpetuate the problem.

There is only one way to get past this crap as a nation. First, remember what was so that it can never happen again. Forgive, to start the healing process. Push aside those who perpetually seek to damage, profit, or those who refuse to unite due to bias, white or black, and shove them aside.

edit on 2/24/2019 by EternalSolace because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So..... They're actually supporting the confederates then?
edit on 24-2-2019 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
That showed them dirty confederates.

Problem solved.

Feelings restored.

WTG

give yourself some pats on the back you did nice job.

E X C E L C I S O R

Excuse me I'll be over here not giving a # about this or some #ing weird #ers into the confederacy

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Their couch supports them.

Mine does as well. I am sitting on it now.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

And in no way shape or form makes any rational sense.

It might if you actually heard from the kneelers why they are doing it instead of just going along with what your being told.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

And in no way shape or form makes any rational sense.

It might if you actually heard from the kneelers why they are doing it instead of just going along with what your being told.

It doesn’t matter why they are doing it because it is disrespectful in the opinion of many people to kneel during the Anthem. Obviously you aren’t one of the people that finds it offensive, but for those that do there isn’t going to be an excuse good enough.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't get on my knees for anyone.

Must be my white privilege or some snip.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

"This is America in one picture," one Twitter user wrote. "Outside raging white racists are waving flags of hate while young men inside peacefully protest hate. Nothing could be more American."

That's not American.

American is accepting OTHERS with different beliefs.

Even ones we don't like.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It doesn’t matter why they are doing it because it is disrespectful in the opinion of many people to kneel during the Anthem.

it is not disrespectful to many people.

so who is right?

this is another one of those topics that people like you and Neo love to cry over.

i hope they keep kneeling so you all keep crying about another non issue.

nothing like forced patriotism.
its the best kind.
haha

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

American is accepting OTHERS with different beliefs.

Even ones we don't like.

super hilarious coming from you.

hahahahahha

christ man

does it mean you have accepted it when you cry and complain about it?
when you say this or that is an agenda or being pushed in your face?

what a joke

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Sure is super hilarious.

That people don't read the 14th amendment,

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
protesting is a good thing. It's healthy and shows that people care about something. Even Kaperneck's protest is a good thing. As long as it's done at the proper time. The proper time is NOT during the National Anthem. Patriotism isn't something that goes out of fashion. When you think like that, you really should expand your horizons and find a new place to be, this one is for people who appreciate the sacrifice of so many. It's a couple minutes long. If you can't hold back your protest to honor the fallen for that long, seek help.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Metallicus

It doesn’t matter why they are doing it because it is disrespectful in the opinion of many people to kneel during the Anthem.

it is not disrespectful to many people.

so who is right?

this is another one of those topics that people like you and Neo love to cry over.

i hope they keep kneeling so you all keep crying about another non issue.

nothing like forced patriotism.
its the best kind.
haha

it takes a special kind of person to berate someone for posting, but doing so in a post in the same thread. It's almost like that person just isn't smart enough to see the irony.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

well i am a special guy
so is Neo

very very special

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The proper time is NOT during the National Anthem.

Who made this decision on behalf of all of us?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The proper time is NOT during the National Anthem.

Who made this decision on behalf of all of us?

everyone who understands sacrifice, duty, honor, and country. Nobody said you had to serve, or be bothered to understand those who did, but when all that's asked is that you STFU for 2 minutes, and you can't do that, well, you suck as a person.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The founding fathers when they separated federal and state power.

Cops are the creation of state and local governments.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I can't speak for all military, but I sure know what I've been told by my military family and friends, and this kneeling is the absolute last thing they give a flying freak about.

Veterans are killing themselves at unprecedented rates. Veterans cannot get the healthcare they need and are promised. Veterans are being given psychoactive drugs like candy. Veterans are homeless and hungry and suffering. And folks ignore all that but cry and whine like babies when someone kneels during the anthem. Our military knows what's worth pitching a fit about and what's not.

Ask any military person you want if they would rather have the proper care and treatment for military or if they'd rather stop the kneeling... which do you think THEY would choose???

I just gave an Air Force vet $100 so he could go to the doctor. Do you think he's more worried about getting to the doctor or a bunch of basketball players kneeling during the anthem???

Military knows to pick their battles carefully. Some are just pissing matches. Some are life and death.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'd prefer to exercise my freedoms whenever I chose is the right time, but that's just me.

I like to live free.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Where in the constitution does it say that we must stand during the anthem or else face public outrage?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join