It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Fallout Shelters where are they? How long would it take U to get 2 it Fallout Map Areas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: chr0naut

Regular septic with sanitation blast valves or composting toilets.

Garbage goes back in the the 'pantry' more or less.

Bulk food comes in pails, wouldn't be much of an issue.

Try an experiment for me. Shut all the doors and windows and don't put the kitchen tidy rubbish out. See if you last a week.

You can't just put it away behind a sealed door because every time you open the door to put out the trash, the stink gets in to your sealed chamber (and probably can't escape).

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Id rather roll the dice above ground trying to plan to be in a good location to survive, if I am wrong I am dead quick.

If I am underground in a shelter and my location is wrong I am trapped till I starve to death.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You don't get it.

First shelter air is circulated and scrubbed.

Second in a true survival situation there isn't any food waste.

People would be licking their plates clean.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So why cant we the people demand proper fall out shelters ( even for just a certain percentage of pop) being that we do have nuclear missiles and our government has used them in the past there are other countries out there that would target the CONUS (NK, China,Russia,Pakistan, ectect) the President just withdrew from a nuclear treaty AND Russia HAS stated that the CONUS will be targeted if Missiles are deployed in EU/NATO countries.. We the people ...Remember - THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK FOR US ..... Or am i just delusional and it's just a dog and pony show.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
All the shelters around here were shut down in the sixties. I am sure there are some private individuals that have some shelters, but all of us regular people are dispensable.

I don't think we have to worry about a nuke here, we have so much snow that we wouldn't be hit by a nuclear blast, it will appear as a super snowstorm.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
Always considered the best (least suffering involved) place to be if a nuke comes down close enough to see it would be ground zero myself.

I figure if humans are this stupid to use nukes, I'll take the quick way out also. The world isn't an easy place to live now, can't even imagine living through that crap-storm.

Lawn-chair, ground-zero, and a $700 bottle of Dom I've been saving for years.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Pilgrum
Always considered the best (least suffering involved) place to be if a nuke comes down close enough to see it would be ground zero myself.

I figure if humans are this stupid to use nukes, I'll take the quick way out also. The world isn't an easy place to live now, can't even imagine living through that crap-storm.

Lawn-chair, ground-zero, and a $700 bottle of Dom I've been saving for years.

I live in New Zealand.

I'm a long way from everyone and I don't think we'd be worth wasting a nuke on.

I'd still suffer if some wanker started a nuclear war, though.

The best idea for everyone is to prevent the problem in the first place.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
So why cant we the people demand proper fall out shelters ( even for just a certain percentage of pop) being that we do have nuclear missiles and our government has used them in the past there are other countries out there that would target the CONUS (NK, China,Russia,Pakistan, ectect) the President just withdrew from a nuclear treaty AND Russia HAS stated that the CONUS will be targeted if Missiles are deployed in EU/NATO countries.. We the people ...Remember - THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK FOR US ..... Or am i just delusional and it's just a dog and pony show.
It's a dog and pony show.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Long ago thought Zealand would be the place to be. Have wanted to see Zealand for years now.
edit on 24-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
1.Get your necessary supplies and docs.
2.Get out of cities.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Just finished posting about the Vril and now this comes out wierd. Do not worry the Aghartians have been secretly decommissioning Nuclear weapons and power plants ever since we (well the Nazi's) discovered the technology.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think it's safe to assume the initial blast(if survived) may be the least of your worries

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Long ago thought Zealand would be the place to be. Have wanted to see Zealand for years now.

But that was the old one.

You should see the new one!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think a shelter would be useless if you're near a target, even if you survive a blast you can't exactly just come out your monkey and carry on. How much radiation would be floating about in the event of a nuclear war. If I knew a nuclear was coming I'd head north to Scotland and disappear into the mountains away from any possible target. But .. I live near London so trying to travel 500+ miles would be impossible during any sort of incoming nuclear war

Anyway the way I see if the world is hell bent on nuking each other I'll probably decide that I wouldn't want to be a part of it any more. I'd head for the best view point possible to view the bast with some beer and a doobie and wait for that lovely heat wave to remove me from this world

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It's the same answer to the bug out people. Being as the fallout has a half life in the thousands of years, I don't care how big or how sophisticated you build your shelter, no matter how rich you are, if TSHTF you can't last that length of time. Or are you going to put parameters to your scenario like, well only one or two will go off and not in my vicinity.
So you just might as well sit outside and enjoy the fireworks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join