It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Fallout Shelters where are they? How long would it take U to get 2 it Fallout Map Areas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I'd like to give survival a try, myself. Kind of like a combination of Mad Max and Naked and Afraid.

What does that make: Mad Afraid? Naked Max?

I don't expect it will be fun at all, because there will be tons of personal suffering, sickness, violence, death of many friends and family, and maybe ending with starvation, who knows? But we all die somehow anyway *shrug*. One thing it would not be: boring!

edit on 24-2-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added 'violence' ... how could I have left out the violence? ?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm not to sure I would bother.
After a large scale nuclear war, what's going to be left that's worth sticking around for?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Still its a sure bet if you live in a major metro area you're toast. Even if the blast don't kill ya the fallout surely will....just a hell of a lot slower.

Might as well be in Peru with a notion like that.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Are you aware of Specific area's on a Map that are considered a fallout Zone either for power plants, cities, military installations??

When China decide to Nuke Australia or the Russian or you guys in the US decide our land is no more required for your use and you guys nuke us, I live quite close to a target, one of the over the horizon radar stations.

So I get a front seat, suck on that

not to worry I have a good pair sun glasses that block out glare.

cant wait to become radioactive man, the Simpsons predict everything man.

see the 3rd post in this thread for more evidence

Mad max

I live close to where that was filmed as well. at least the car chase scenes, the first mad max that is

WOW.

however if you have 6+ million to spare you could buy one the nuclear silos in the US that have been made into housing, there is a special real estate web site where you can buy them.

not sure if its all of them or only the ones that are very remote, they have run ways for your private plane.

Im Looking for a detailed map area or maps that are current and open!

you need a new hobby.

Just watch the show doomsday preppers, track down one of the psychos on that show that think they can survive one of those scenarios and become mates, however I believe they all have everything already planned and you would be very lucky to get a place in one of the their shipping containers they dug a hole for, I remember one guy just used a caravan, he did reinforce it though.

so either start digging in your backyard or enjoy the fire works if they arrive.

remember to wear your sun block

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Im in NC no bomb shelters here that I know of. Im not rich either so cant build no deluxe super bunker. Best thing I could hope for if it did happen is divine/alien intervention.
edit on 24-2-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Im Looking for a detailed map area or maps that are current and open!

nuclearsecrecy.com...

Select target.

Select yield.

Press the button.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That is a sweet design, but would cost a mint. I have often mused if I hit the powerball jackpot, this type of shelter would be something to build for family and friends to have if needed. As it stands now, this will have to wait until retirement, and it will be much more basic.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Russia getting prepared?

From 2016 BBC "exclusive access" to bunker...

Russian authorities conducted large-scale civil defence drills and announced they were upgrading underground nuclear bunkers to accommodate the entire Moscow population.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

A shelter that would offer a real fighting chance would be expensive.

Just the reality.

And Idea after winning the lottery.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Survivalists really do need to look in to ad hoc mesh networks.

It would be a reliable means of communications and requires very little in the way of infrastructure.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Your better idea is to be living in an area where prevailing winds will carry fall out away from you, and to live far enough away from a target that as long as the winds are in your favor you are in the clear.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Try the Denver airport. There's a gamble that it's just an airport. Cheyenne mountain is another one. That's an even bigger gamble.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is there a list of known D.U.M.B's that anyone is aware of? Good post op, this subject is how I wandered into ATS.
edit on 24-2-2019 by Jdubious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: chr0naut

If someone uses nukes against you in anger, you probably won't survive. Shelter or not.

It is best to commit yourself to preventing the use of nukes in the first place than to take the slim chance that you may survive the consequence of their deployment.

Thats simply not true........there are tons of factors, like how far you are from the center of the blast, how big the yield was, how high it was detonated, prevailing winds, etc etc etc.......

I dont know where you came up with that definitive statement

Sure, Stop, Drop & Roll. Duck and Cover.

The truth is, that some people survive getting shot in the face but it would be stupid to assume that you would be one of the lucky ones and proliferate weapons. Oh, wait, you are probably an American....

But to give some sort of an idea, If you were within 2.4 kilometers from the epicenter of a 1 megaton air burst, you would be killed by the liquefaction of your internal organs from the direct blast over-pressure and your shelter would probably collapse. That is underground, which conducts the blast pressure wave fairly well. From there out to about 6.2 km, you would suffer some internal organ disruption but may survive. Outside of that, you would probably live, but you'd have nearly the same survivability as someone outside but shadowed from the radiation. This is because the energy of the blast dissipates over distance according to the inverse square law.

As for direct radiation, your mutilated corpse would be protected inside a bunker. As would anyone shielded from line-of-sight. In an air burst, the shadowing features would have to be high because the point of origin is far above ground. Distance is an effective safeguard. The further away you are, the further that the radiant energy spreads out.

Longstanding secondary radiation effects are where radioactive smoke and dust are get breathed in. These things can travel 1,000's of kilometers and usually have a slow action physiologically. If you go into a bunker, to survive the fallout you should expect to be there for weeks, if not months and they'd only be effective with air filtration, independent water and sewage, some sort of garbage storage (you know that after a week your bunker will stink to high heaven as garbage and untreated sewage builds up) and you'd probably need some light, too.

That is not to mention the weather effects of nuclear winter.

Building a shelter is probably as effective as building a wall in the desert. At least it would give you something to hide behind, but you'd have to be on the Mexican side. I mean, who is going to bother nuking them when the US is right there!

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The ideal fallout shelter would look like this with some modifications.

www.hardenedstructures.com...

With a car elevator underground parking with room to spare.

It'd have hydroponic/aeroponics/ and have a shop area to build/3d print/cnc mill needed parts and 'other' stuff that would be needed for the after.

It'd also have deploy-able underground ,solar panel arrays, and wind turbines,Primary Battery bank,secondary,with fossil fuel,fuel cell backup.

The Ideal bunker also should have atmospheric water generator, and an external pod/ pods.

Also figured on C4ISR with surveillance/cameras, and radar.

I've planned this bunker plan in my head for years.

If your going to build one.

There is ALOT to consider.

Smart internal and external sensors radiation etc.

Proven CBRN air filtration.

PPE equipment and CBRN masks, with spare filters.

The knowledge to use them properly.

A real fallout shelter/Plan isn't going to be cheap.

And it's a thing that could be used for a myriad of SHTF scenarios.

Where does the poo go? Does it just sit there for months? What of the garbage?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: chr0naut

Why would people dress weird after a nuclear holocaust?

You do know that it isn't a fashion disaster, it's like, a real one, where everyone dies.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Regular septic with sanitation blast valves or composting toilets.

Garbage goes back in the the 'pantry' more or less.

Bulk food comes in pails, wouldn't be much of an issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It is best to commit yourself to preventing the use of nukes in the first place than to take the slim chance that you may survive the consequence of their deployment.

It is best to commit yourself to preventing the use of nukes in the first place

How. One has absolutely zilch in preventing the use of nukes

the slim chance that you may survive the consequence of their deployment.

Deployment is not what should concern one
Concern is when they pop the tops

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Nuclear Fallout Shelters where are they? How long would it take U to get 2 it Fallout Map Areas

Would it matter ?
Be sealed in an underground tomb with the exit fused by heat ?
Or , come out to what ?
I got a rockin chair , a fine vodka , and a welder's helmet for just such an occasion
That's my plan.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

It is best to commit yourself to preventing the use of nukes in the first place

How. One has absolutely zilch in preventing the use of nukes

the slim chance that you may survive the consequence of their deployment.

Deployment is not what should concern one
Concern is when they pop the tops

One might become politically active and to oppose any government that manufactures nuclear weapons. Also, commitment of time and resources to international efforts to police nuclear proliferation.

You could also educate the general public as to the true nature and unsurvivability of a nuclear exchange. Then they would be more likely to stop wasting their time, effort and money on futility and actually address the problem.

I mean, putting on a welding mask would be useless, because you wouldn't die through your head. The shock wave and the radiation would affect your entire body and, despite Futurama, you aren't going to live long as a disembodied head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join