It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Fallout Shelters where are they? How long would it take U to get 2 it Fallout Map Areas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Probably posted before but when i looked i couldn't find one close to me & im in the capital of NC where is the NEAREST Nuclear fall out shelter to your work or home? Are you aware of Specific area's on a Map that are considered a fallout Zone either for power plants, cities, military installations?? Are you aware of them?

Im Looking for a detailed map area or maps that are current and open!

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

If someone uses nukes against you in anger, you probably won't survive. Shelter or not.

It is best to commit yourself to preventing the use of nukes in the first place than to take the slim chance that you may survive the consequence of their deployment.

edit on 24/2/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If someone uses nukes against you in anger, you probably won't survive. Shelter or not.

It is best to commit yourself to preventing the use of nukes in the first place than to take the slim chance that you may survive the consequence of their deployment.

Thats simply not true........there are tons of factors, like how far you are from the center of the blast, how big the yield was, how high it was detonated, prevailing winds, etc etc etc.......

I dont know where you came up with that definitive statement

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Public fallout shelters haven’t existed for four decades at this point, sadly. a reply to: TheJesuit

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

If you are concerned then simply move to Moscow, they have thousands.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Good luck getting access...

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Always considered the best (least suffering involved) place to be if a nuke comes down close enough to see it would be ground zero myself.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I do not plan to survive nuclear war.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

It looks like the major nations have decommissioned and sold off bunker properties as real estate. I don't know if it's a sense of security, confidence of victory or complacency. God only knows.

Is there a touch of irony in how the leading nations aren't providing shelters for their populations? They'll start the # and leave us all to figure our own plans out. It's taken for granted how the next BIG war will either be provoked by Western forces led by the US or by Russians or Chinese. It won't be started by Switzerland or Finland and these are the types of country with the most active plans for protecting civilians.

NC looks OK. You'll get some of that Washington DC and NY radiation drifting down without being near their ground zeroes. Of course, Seymour J and Bragg might be very significant targets.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Thats simply not true........there are tons of factors, like how far you are from the center of the blast, how big the yield was, how high it was detonated, prevailing winds, etc etc etc.......

Sure, you might survive the initial blast. But, how long could you survive after? And, what kind of life would that be? I think there are many factors being ignored in this scenario.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Sure, you might survive the initial blast. But, how long could you survive after? And, what kind of life would that be? I think there are many factors being ignored in this scenario.

Depends on how well you prepared and how many of your family and close friends survived. In some ways life could be better.
edit on 24/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Nuclear Fallout Shelters where are they?

If your talking public.

The civil defense era infrastructure is GONE.

They were for the most part poorly designed.

China and Switzerland do provide their population with shelters.

They can also be used for 'CLIMATE CHANGE', but no one's even brought it up.

edit on 24-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

But, how long could you survive after?

Time-distance-shielding-Ventilation-supplies.

It is completely possible to survive.

The Rule of 7-10.

It's good to live in fly over country.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Best thing to do is make your own shelter. That's in my bucket list.

I think people in public shelters will end killing each other for food rations.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The ideal fallout shelter would look like this with some modifications.

www.hardenedstructures.com...

With a car elevator underground parking with room to spare.

It'd have hydroponic/aeroponics/ and have a shop area to build/3d print/cnc mill needed parts and 'other' stuff that would be needed for the after.

It'd also have deploy-able underground ,solar panel arrays, and wind turbines,Primary Battery bank,secondary,with fossil fuel,fuel cell backup.

The Ideal bunker also should have atmospheric water generator, and an external pod/ pods.

Also figured on C4ISR with surveillance/cameras, and radar.

I've planned this bunker plan in my head for years.

If your going to build one.

There is ALOT to consider.

Smart internal and external sensors radiation etc.

Proven CBRN air filtration.

PPE equipment and CBRN masks, with spare filters.

The knowledge to use them properly.

A real fallout shelter/Plan isn't going to be cheap.

And it's a thing that could be used for a myriad of SHTF scenarios.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Added option a underground deployable remote weapon turret systems for uninvited visitors.

Added option external underground drone pods for recon

Added external underground antenna array. Satcom/ham radio/cb/ham radio wifi emergency network(adhoc mesh).

I kind went crazy with the design.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Oh it it would be built with concrete.( self healing). Yes that's a real thing too.

Alloy rebar(non corrosive).

And emp resistant concrete.

Yes there is such a thing.

A LOT to consider.

www.cnn.com...

www.giatecscientific.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Crap forgot one of the most important things.

Reverse osmosis water filtration. You can find products like the Aspen on Ebay.

www.aspenwater.com...

Reverse osmosis has been identified by EPA as a ¿best available technology¿(BAT) and Small System Compliance Technology (SSCT) for uranium, radium, gross alpha, and beta particles and photon emitters. It can remove up to 99 percent of these radionuclides, as well as many other contaminants (e.g., arsenic, nitrate, and microbial contaminants). Reverse osmosis units can be automated and compact making them appropriate for small systems.

cfpub.epa.gov...

Well water and stored water.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Probably posted before but when i looked i couldn't find one close to me & im in the capital of NC where is the NEAREST Nuclear fall out shelter to your work or home? Are you aware of Specific area's on a Map that are considered a fallout Zone either for power plants, cities, military installations?? Are you aware of them?

Im Looking for a detailed map area or maps that are current and open!

All you need is an antique school desk to duck under.

<<   2  3 >>

join