It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Way is the Wind Blowing???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

You ever try brewing your own? If I lived rural I'd give it a go, made lager once before and it turned out OK.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think I'm happier not seeing a good snow but every 7 or 8 years FlyingClayDisk. To hell with snow! A good snow for us is 6 inches.

Its beautiful to see for a few days but here it quickly gets sloppy and messy. It doesn't stay dry and powdery like it does out west. I don't think the ground stays cold enough in these parts and it quickly begins melting!

I'd love to see that snow blower working. I bet it was a funny site to see you covered up in snow with it. LOL!
Is this something like what you have?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

Is this something like what you have?

Yes, but ours is a Cub Cadet 30". It does have the power steering feature too like the Toro. It also has 3 reverse speeds and 5 forward speeds. I just wish it had a little faster reverse gear.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Good Night!
Good thing we aren't suppose to be getting any real accumulation here in mid MI today. The wind is blowing hard, with up to 60mph gusts. Took the grandsons home, and the SUV was getting blown all over.

Out of the west today.
edit on 24-2-2019 by chiefsmom because: wrong direction!

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

When that wind stars blowing out of the east, or south, that's when you have to LOOK OUT!!

I was out in the middle of Lake Erie one time when the wind changed like that. We were in 30' rollers where you could see the bottom in between the waves!!! I was reversing up the waves behind us to surf over the bottom. That was a scary night, and and friend and I were ferrying this boat from Lake Erie up into Lake St. Clair, and it was a good boat too. But hit the bottom too many times and it will make splinters out of any boat!! We got swamped like four times from the following seas, decks knee-deep in water. That was a crazy night!!

The wind was crazy, with white caps breaking over the top of the boat. We'd see this wall of black water coming at us, and it was a prayer every single time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join