It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health drinks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is what I have been doing lately and am looking for something better.

I'd love to find the perfect health drink but so far, this has been my go to...if anyone can edumacate me for a better drink, I'd appreciate it.
I did 0 research but know these greens are good stuff and thats about all I know.

(pick 4 kinds of greens to start)
1 cup kale
1 cup broccoli
1 cup spinach
1 cup collard greens
1 cup spinach
1 cup brussel sprouts
(any 4 of those)

Add a tablespoon of minced ginger.
A tablespoon of honey
An orange.

Add a cup of water,4 ice cubes and put it all in a blender.

You'd think it would taste like crap but the ginger and orange makes it really nice.

Does anyone have any healthy drinks or drink recipes, as good as this tastes, I want some variety?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

How small are you cutting up these veggies?
Are you using a regular blender?

You might also try cabbage, if you cannot get brussel sprouts.

Also, bok choy and swiss chard.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I like beet greens. I'd probably add some mint to vary the flavor. When my late husband had to have extensive dental work I made lots of green drinks and added hemp powder for extra kick. A bit of fresh pineapple will help with digesting all that fiber.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I've been blending three bananas, a cup of blueberries, a few ice cubes, and a little water. Im not sure how healthy it is compared to your smoothie but it tastes good.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I buy the kale and cut it with scissors and freeze it.
The other things are frozen as well.

I toss it in frozen and add water and then let it sit (I add the ice before blending) for a bit before blending it.

I bought a cheap, on sale $15 blender and have been using it for almost everything...for $15, I am gonna make this thing suffer haha

Cabbage and celery are usually staples here but I haven't added that....YET!

I tried to grow bok choy and swiss chard last year and failed....not enough sun.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

I like beet greens. I'd probably add some mint to vary the flavor. When my late husband had to have extensive dental work I made lots of green drinks and added hemp powder for extra kick. A bit of fresh pineapple will help with digesting all that fiber.

Get a Norwalk or a Pure (better of the two in my opinion) and you'll never have a fiber issue.

They have a juice press as well.

When I'm home I do 5 pounds of carrots a day.. makes 7 8oz juices with about 40 minutes total of prep, cleanup, etc.

I just put them in pint jars and drink them as I go during the day.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I was looking at beets lately but am not sure how to add flavour to it...the mint sounds like it could be nice, I will keep that in mind.
I have been having gut problems so have been leaning on ginger.

I ate too much pineapple as a kid and damn near burnt my tongue out of my face so i never even thought of it as a stomach cure.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Meh, a health drink is a health drink....as long as there isn't pebbles and stones and yucky things, I'll probably drink it.

I was waiting for someone to bring up bananas so thank you for that.
Not much potassium in that drink I have been doing I don't think.
I have been eating lots fruits as well and you can't go wrong with blueberries and bananas.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

My breakfast every morning, I dont measure but will guess

1/2 cup kale
1/2 cup frozen spinach
1 small bannana
1 small orange ( mandarin for example )
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 tbl spn raw honey
fill nutri blend cup with water, and blend one minute.

I am addicted to it, and it is probably my only source of veggies/ fruit most days.

edit on 2.23.2019 by SituationNAFU because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It looks like crap...but it works!!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
This is what I have been doing lately and am looking for something better.

I'd love to find the perfect health drink but so far, this has been my go to...if anyone can edumacate me for a better drink, I'd appreciate it.
I did 0 research but know these greens are good stuff and thats about all I know.

(pick 4 kinds of greens to start)
1 cup kale
1 cup broccoli
1 cup spinach
1 cup collard greens
1 cup spinach
1 cup brussel sprouts
(any 4 of those)

Add a tablespoon of minced ginger.
A tablespoon of honey
An orange.

Add a cup of water,4 ice cubes and put it all in a blender.

You'd think it would taste like crap but the ginger and orange makes it really nice.

Does anyone have any healthy drinks or drink recipes, as good as this tastes, I want some variety?

Lets see, most of those are cruciferous veggies which actually mellow you by blocking cellular energy intake. Then there is spinach which actually promotes histamine production by blocking it's breakdown histiminase enzyme that regulates our bodies levels of histamine. I'll stick to drinking my coffee. I like broccoli cooked once in a while and use cabbage in soups to help to control my epilepsy. I know the properties of the cruciferous veggies well, I wouldn't recommend eating too much raw though, occasionally a little bit is good raw, but I sure wouldn't be juicing them all the time. They are not going to give you energy, they take away energy, that is why I use them to control my epilepsy.

They block cancer by blocking energy to the cancer cells that are rapidly dividing then stimulate canabilism in the cancer cells. It starves the cancer. If you are wirey, they can help to mellow you a little bit, but they do tend to weaken the muscles a bit if you eat too much. Mustard can stop muscles cramping in the calf by blocking energy to the muscle cells. If I get a leg cramp, I go get a quarter teaspoon of mustard, it works in three to five minutes. Mustard is also a cruciferous veggie.

join