It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Mind Control of Cyborg Rats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

In this study, we developed a BBI from the human brain to a rat implanted with microelectrodes (i.e., rat cyborg), which integrated electroencephalogram-based motor imagery and brain stimulation to realize human mind control of the rat’s continuous locomotion.

Control instructions were transferred from continuous motor imagery decoding results with the proposed control models and were wirelessly sent to the rat cyborg through brain micro-electrical stimulation.

The results showed that rat cyborgs could be smoothly and successfully navigated by the human mind to complete a navigation task in a complex maze.

Human Mind Control of Rat Cyborg’s Continuous Locomotion with Wireless Brain-to-Brain Interface

Rats were made to turn left or right by the human mind using BMI's (Brain-machine interfaces). The human mind directed the cyborg rats which had been trained before hand.

This technology could help a lot of people. Like all new technology it could also be used for evil.

Zombie rat CYBORGS controlled by the human MIND in ‘Frankenstein’ tests are steered through maze in bizarre experiments

Unbelievably, when the human 'manipulator' thought about moving their left arm, the rat turned left. The same with the right arm.

Blinking sent signals to the rat to move forward and after continuous research with six 'cyborg rats' the scientists were able to direct the rodents through incredibly complex mazes.

Movement-related thoughts in the mind of the manipulator sent signals to the computer, which then translated those signals into instructions and sent them to the brain of the rat.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Fear will pick up something yell "BE A RAT" then bite her hand cause the rat and get scared and throw it back down, that # will become a demon.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty good at manipulation.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty good at manipulation.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: i77oomiknotti

OK

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Run!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

why do they always put it in a maze?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

How do you think this could benefit people? It’s an interesting development in human technology, and definitely could be used for evil, if not already...

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

It could take service animals to the next level. Imagine how much help a mind controlled chimp could be to a paralyzed human.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

How do you think this could benefit people?

People won't have to think about political candidates.

They'll just marry it with 5g and use people like bots, and the chosen candidate 'wins'.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hello future, I don't like you.
edit on 23-2-2019 by Unresponsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

It could take service animals to the next level. Imagine how much help a mind controlled chimp could be to a paralyzed human.

Absolutely, but only if left in the right hands. Too many evil humans that could use this for nefarious reasons though.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Simple operation to fill the little blighters with some Semtex and you would have the perfect weapon, able to infiltrate just about anywhere if the technology is taken to its logical conclusion.

Plenty of other less nefarious applications all the same.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Would not have thought of that

Guess you could mount a tiny camera and mic on it too. It could sneak into a lot of places undetected.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am still waiting for my jetpack, robots, and my flying car.
I dont think this or any other tech will ever see the light of day in our society.
For example I imagine it could allow someone to learn a skill by download.
If this could be used for good much could be done, however I think it will be suppressed.

top topics

join