It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large cargo plane crashes east of Houston

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

It's not very clear, I am guessing it was a thunder noise that was heard.

ETA: Here is a report that it was a thunder clap noise.

The sheriff said some witnesses reported hearing the plane's engines sputter, while others reported hearing a sound resembling a thunderclap.

Amazon Prime Air Cargo Plane Crashes Into Texas' Trinity Bay Near Houston, Killing 3

edit on 24-2-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Perhaps what they are trying to describe is some electrical sound. If it was thunder I don’t think they would have chosen the sound of lightning. Unless the eyewitness are 4 years old.

EDIT: just saw your update to your post. Thanks. So a clap of thunder.... hmm
edit on 24-2-2019 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Something as simple as a pressurized aerosol can with flammable propellant?

wiki

Aerosol Dangers. Aerosol cans are considered hazardous for a few reasons. ... The changes in pressure and temperature on an airplane can cause aerosols to leak, ignite or even explode, in rare cases.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The AD we're talking about was imposed on US carriers in 2014, and they were given until 2020 to comply with the instructions in it. This aircraft, in 2014 was flying with a foreign carrier that didn't fall under the AD. It was placed into storage that year, until 2016 when it was transferred to Atlas and converted to a freighter.

It's possible that with the timing, the modification slipped through and wasn't done yet. Or it was done when it was converted. This is just speculation on our part.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The NTSB and FBI are asking for anyone with photos or videos of the crash to come forward.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That doesn't make it any less frightening. 😳😳😳😳😳😳

How many other planes might slip through the cracks?

But about my previous question, though maybe it didn't apply in this this case if the plane slipped through during some kind of modification switch-over thing (technical term I'm sure 😂), surely there is a redundancy/double-check process with plane repair and maintenance?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sheriff said that remains have been found OUTside of the plane and havent yet been recovered. That is so horrendous. 😰

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

To clarify, it didn't slip through the cracks in terms of having the AD done, but it MAY have slipped through in terms of having it done when they did the conversion, instead of having to bring it in for unscheduled maintenance. The modification doesn't have to be completed until next year.

As for the remains, there's nothing left of the aircraft. They found one piece described as "around 50 feet long", but most of the aircraft will be in very small pieces.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Zap you said you looked at the raw flight data, what was the exact time the flight reached its peak altitude shortly after takeoff from Miami?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Structural failure with Total cabin decompression?

www.youtube.com...

This was a old aircraft with a lot of cycles.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
At that altitude, time of useful consciousness with a rapid decompression is somewhere around 20 seconds. If the aircraft remains in a controllable state, the crew are trained to don their emergency O2 gear before they do anything else.

If there had been a fire in the cargo area, smoke detectors would've sensed the combustion before the blaze caused a burn-through of the floor, giving the crew time to make a mayday call.

Based on reports--with no distress call or emergency squawk--it was something catastrophic and immediate that caused the jet to come apart in the air.
edit on 24-2-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: No reasonable reason given

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
At that altitude, time of useful consciousness with a rapid decompression is somewhere around 20 seconds.

Are you saying that the entire population of Mexico City is unconscious currently? Because that city is higher than the attitude this airplane incidence begun. Also, the cabin pressure of all regular flights is equivalent to 7'000 (6'000 for newer planes) feet which millions of people fly at all the time without passing out after 20 seconds as you suggested.

The pressure in the cargo area can be slightly lower at cruise altitude compared to passenger planes but since they where below 7'000 feet when they started having trouble the cargo area pressure would have normalize to the ambient air anyway so how exactly would a rapid decompression happen when inside and outside air was at the same pressure?

Even if there would have been rapid decompression, you would need to have lung or heart problem to fall unconscious after 20 seconds like you suggest, healthy people can easily withstand 7'000 feet.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

There are no indications the aircraft broke apart, and witness descriptions are that it was intact at impact, supported by the debris field. As for the lack of distress call, as pointed out before, you can't read too much into that. Aviate, Navigate, Communicate.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

It's transponder data so I'm not sure it is time coded (it's on my laptop and I'm on my phone) but according to reports they reached cruising altitude 20 minutes after takeoff. I'll get my laptop out tomorrow and see if it's coded to be sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

If maintenance was kept up properly the 767 is good for up to somewhere around 60,000 cycles. This aircraft was just under 24,000.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The pilots that were operating the flight were Captain Ricky Blakely, and First Officer Conrad Aska.

The third person on board was Sean Archuleta. He was a Captain for Mesa Air Group that was jump seating on the flight to Houston, where he was from. According to his roommate, he had a new baby, and was supposed to start flying for United next week.

There is video from the Chambers County Jail that shows the aircraft for approximately 5 seconds in a steep dive.

edit on 2/24/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
According to the NTSB, the video from the jail shows the aircraft in a steep dive, with no evidence of the nose going back up. The debris field is roughly 600 feet by 300 feet. The aircraft had no logged hazmat on board. The aircraft appeared to be trying to avoid weather ahead as they approached the airport.
edit on 2/25/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm going to throw wind shear or a microburst into the conversation.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There is a small cell showing on the radar replay near them but it doesn't have to look of a strong cell with strong outflow.

Never know as things are not always as the appear.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

You would think that with 6,000 feet they would have been able to recover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join