It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nausea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hey,
I'm not exactly sure when this started, but I'd guess around 6-10 months ago. I've had frequent bouts of Nausea. And by frequent, I mean almost every single night
. I'm not sure if maybe I'm just not getting enough protein, but it's really starting to bug me. Right now it's almost unbearable. My stomach hurts, and I feel like I'm about to throw up, but I know that I'm not sick. I'm in pretty good shape because I work out a lot, but I'll admit I'm not a good eater. Anybody have any suggestions or anything? They'd be greatly appreciated.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Herman]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If you have any kind of stress, it may bottle itself up and cause your stomach to be sick at night. Also, if you don't eat right, it could be just that, lack of food, and can cause gas, which can cause nausea..
Good-luck
I am not a doctor just giving some examples of what a few of my friends experienced.

apc

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Not a doctor but it could be an ulcer or a form of acid reflux.
Also if you drink a lot of alcohol your stomach will be pretty angry at you when it's empty.
It took me about a year to finally go in about some torn cartilage in my knee... I'd suggest a trip to your family doc in the near future, it's about time

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What's the point in working out if your not eating healthy?

Your body needs nutrients period, if your not putting in the proper's before and after you workout your body won't be able to perform at an optimum level.

Your starving your body of nutrients and it's trying to tell you something... wake up herman.

working out won't keep you healthy, it will allow you too look good, but thats about it. whats the point in having a good body if your body doesn't feel and look good on the inside?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
What's the point in working out if your not eating healthy?

Your body needs nutrients period, if your not putting in the proper's before and after you workout your body won't be able to perform at an optimum level.

Your starving your body of nutrients and it's trying to tell you something... wake up herman.

working out won't keep you healthy, it will allow you too look good, but thats about it. whats the point in having a good body if your body doesn't feel and look good on the inside?

Well, I mis-spoke when I said I didn't eat healthy. I eat alright, just not completely healthy. Not as healthy as I COULD be eating
. I have usually a Salad a day, enough protein for sure, not enough fruits... Then sometimes I take vitamins and drink green tea at night. I think the problem is I also eat a lot of sweets with that stuff heh heh. Maybe I just need to cut down on the sweets? I think I'm in pretty good health though. I can run pretty well (The furthest I usually go when I jog is 3 miles, but it doesn't make me all that tired unless I go fast), and I don't get sick very often. Also the weight I'm lifting keeps going up. Hopefully it's just the sweets thing. I'll see a doctor if it gets much worse.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by Herman]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think what you need to do is keep eating healthy, and exclude the sweets from your diet. It's fine to have some treats once in awhile, but they maybe outweighing the healthy food thats in your gut.

Plus salad is mostly water, little veggies and the dressing isn't all the good for you either.

I wonder also if your eating bad protein. expired chicken or tuna ect.

Just seems weird you get that sick all the time.

How often do you give into your sweet tooth anyway?
And what do you eat?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

How often do you give into your sweet tooth anyway?
And what do you eat?

Too much
! haha. I don't really plan on eating anything sweet, we just have stuff in the house that I eat. I mean I don't eat like crazy or anything. Not to the point where I'm getting fat from it, but just like...all kinds of small stuff that we have in the house. M&M's and jelly beans and everything. Usually the nausea starts about an hour before I go to bed, then it's gone by the time I wake up, so it's not too horrible. Just the other night, the night I posted this, was really bad though. I'll try to take your advice.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Herman]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
How old are you? I ask because I went through alot of stomach things when I was in my early 20's. I used to tell people, especially those who claimed to have a "cast iron stomach" : just wait. You won't be able to eat junk forever. They'd laugh, but sure enough it happened to them too. Kids can eat junk; adults can't. I think it is a bodily change of sorts.

Some random thoughts: Grease is the biggest culprit. Grease, fat, rich foods. If you get a sharp pain in the back, between the shoulders and towards the left side, that's your gall bladder telling you: Enough with the grease already! So DO NOT eat greasy foods! And if you do, in moderation and make sure you take plenty of liquid. You're going to have to say goodbye to McDonalds, Burger King, and all that crap. Sweets (such as pastries and Donuts) often contain much fat and grease so- bye! Just sugary things, by themselves, are nauseating too.

You mentioned vitamins. Good. Take vitamins. But DO NOT take them on an empty stomach: this is instantaneous nausea. What you do is this: When you are eating (most people take vitamins at breakfast/morning) - you eat like half your meal THEN you take the vitamin, then finish eating. The vitamins need that food in there with them, as a cushion of sorts.
I learned this the hard way: Woke up, slugged down a coffee and a vitamin, got cleaned up, figured I'd eat in a short bit. I was so so nauseated with this, even after I ate. DO NOT take vitamins on an empty stomach! I researched this, found out the truth, take 'em on at least a semi full tummy now - and no problems.

Pop/Soda: Phosphoric acid will really rip up the tum. If you drink Diet - the methyl ester of wood rosin (AKA Aspartame/NutraSweet) combined with the Phosphoric acid is a one two punch. Sodas, even if you've been drinking them for years, can really turn on ya: tum just can't take it anymore, its especially bad on an empty stomach. Try some water, fruit juice, or tea. Keep the pop to a minimun, and not on an empty stomach. Drink enough water regardless, it cleanses the system.

If you are male or female, don't matter: it may be a hormonal thing. Go see a doc if no improvement.

A bizarre bodily thing: it may be your eyesight. Anyone's vision can deteriorate, and when it does - concentrating harder to see better often can make you nauseous. Think about "car sickness" especially the times one tries to read in car or train and they get nauseated: This is caused by one's peripheral vision: You are trying to look front at what you are reading, meanwhile the sides of your vision are focusing on the side vision at the same time - and you feel barfy. I have bad eyesight, so I know all about this. Last year, I got a new computer (yay!) with a flat LCD screen, and the first few days I had it, lawd have mercy! Eyestrain, tired, barfy feeling......It took some getting used to (no probs now). So maybe think about the eye thing too........even if you have perfect sight - different lighting, diff monitor screens, etc can and will make you feel woozy.

Another neglected body part: brain. Are you nervous? Anxious? This will nauseate you. If so, calm down or call the Shrink.

Some random crap to make the stomach turn: Fried Anything! Fried mushrooms, especially.....onion rings too! Any type of acid, esp citric acids in certain fruits......yes do eat them, but water and maybe some bread along with it helps. (The aforementioned stuff about diet pop and phosphoric acid would apply here; However- pops do include a chemical buffer against the acid; citrus fruit-obviously not). Dairy: lots of people can't take it. From what I have heard, and from personal experience, if you're dairy intolerant (or become so) you will get alot of GAS! So not quite the same as nausea, but I thought I'd throw it in. It has long been rumored that spicy foods are not good, but I don't have a problem, and my ulcer doctor told me that was bunk as well. Grease (fat, oil) are your biggest no nos. Coffee: keep it very light. Coffee's a big no no too.

Don't try to cure nausea with milk or peppermint candies. Dairy is not so good, peppermint oil is very bad on the tum. Take an ant-acid.

Well just my random thoughts. I have a very touchy tum so I feel your pain! Through trial and error though, I am OK for the most part.

Also remember: If simple diet and lifestyle changes don't help - DO go to the doctor!!!

(PS: a good Pilsner beer always settles the stomach! I know this; it was also confirmed to me by a Bohemian (Czech) doctor: I put stock in them, 'cause US doctors are idiots! Not an advocation for alcohoism either: you can just have a small bit, like 1/2 a glass- it really does settle the tum. You can even get Non-Alcohol beer too- its not about the alcohol, it is something in that Pilsner beer. Prolly cause it makes you burp. I only mention this, because, as I stood up to get a fresh beer, I swallowed wrong, choked, and just sprayed beer all over my screen, desk, and mirror behind! Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh! Cleaned it up, but must do a more thorough clean - later - . )

I hope you feel better! (and don't panic and make it worse!)

Niki

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks Niki!

For the record, I'm 17.

I will definately take some of your advice into mind. I didn't know about the vitamin on an empty stomach, or the diet soda. That's the only soda we have right now; diet pepsi. I stopped eating so much sweets, and what do you know, it helped! And the eyesight thing: My eyesight is already bad. I wear contacts, so unless it's eyestrain, I don't think it's my eyes. I guess I'll just cut down on the sugary foods when it's close to bed time. For some reason, protein always helps. Like if I start to feel nauseas, I'll eat a peice of turkey and feel better
. Thanks again for all your help

join