It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez: "Isn't $10 Million Enough? Like, When Does It Stop?"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

So the 4th,8th,14th amendments be damned!

edit on 23-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
I do not get why people do not figure out the net that americans earned in a year and then figure out what percent of that goes toward taxes and then set that rate for all. After that we could work on spending and individuals would actually feel direct benefit from smaller government.

Well what do we do about 50% of American who pay little or no federal taxes? And to be honest they can't afford much anyways. If we went with 10% flat how does that 40k family handle 4k reduction?

Well that was in the fine print.

You see i also believe that taxing labor should not happen and that the average money a person can make from their labor is 100$ a day 5 days a week.

I believe that anything made past 100$ a day is profit.

So every american would be able to earn up to 500$ a week income tax free. So taxes would start at around 25,000 a year for full time employment.

It is constitutional in the 50's.

Since we are giving corporations 1st amendment rights that means they would follow the same tax laws.
edit on 23-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ScepticScot

Do people NOT read?

"By the way, we used to have marginal tax rates, under Republican presidents of 90%, and it was when we experienced some of the greatest rates of economic growth."

taxfoundation.org...

Which has had what to do with a Netflix documentary? ( the post I replied to)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If a person made 10 million and the government took 99%, leaving 100,000 wouldn't put anyone in the poor house either.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If a person made 10 million and the government took 99%, leaving 100,000 wouldn't put anyone in the poor house either.

But what if you made that $10 million running a beef farm, and AOC Green new deal put you out of work?

Or a coal plant owner, or gas station owner or any other business the GND specifically targets.

Poor house ALL THE WAY.

edit on 23-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not to mention the millions that are hired by those industries.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Not to mention the millions that are hired by those industries.

Dude!

The GND, as explained by the FAQs, calls for “build[ing] out high-speed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary.” AOC’s justification? Carbon dioxide emissions are causing dangerous global warming, and planes emit a lot of carbon dioxide.

AOC is an economic disaster in the making.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You see i also believe that taxing labor should not happen and that the average money a person can make from their labor is 100$ a day 5 days a week.

So every american would be able to earn up to 500$ a week income tax free. So taxes would start at around 25,000 a year for full time employment.

Since we are giving corporations 1st amendment rights that means they would follow the same tax laws.

I'm Fine with that but I would say even 200 bucks a day then 5% to 80k and 8% to 100k then 10% after that.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just where do people think the money 'raised' by legalized theft is going to be used?

It's earmarked for pork barrel spending.

It will:  Move America to 100% clean and renewable energy  Create millions of family supporting-wage, union jobs  Ensure a just transition for all communities and workers to ensure economic security for people and communities that have historically relied on fossil fuel industries  Ensure justice and equity for frontline communities by prioritizing investment, training, climate and community resiliency, economic and environmental benefits in these communities.  Build on FDR’s second bill of rights by guaranteeing:  A job with a family-sustaining wage, family and medical leave, vacations, and retirement security  High-quality education, including higher education and trade schools  Clean air and water and access to nature  Healthy food  High-quality health care  Safe, affordable, adequate housing  Economic environment free of monopolies  Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work

assets.documentcloud.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'm Fine with that but I would say even 200 bucks a day then 5% to 80k and 8% to 100k then 10% after that.

How about a compromise between our thoughts here......

12% tax on all... 100$ day labor no tax... and allow for charitable deductions.....

That would keep most of our charities in the usa in place.
edit on 23-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

According to the op, 70 percent tax applies to earnings over 10 mill in this plan.
Doubt very much anyone getting their knickers in a twist in this thread need worry.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Taxation without representation is everyone's business.

Just because Cortez hates rich people.

She has no right to take someone else's property. Because she feels like it.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Taxation without representation is everyone's business.

Just because Cortez hates rich people.

She has no right to take someone else's property. Because she feels like it.

Didn't she get elected?
Don't you already pay taxes?

I fail to see the hoo hah about this really.
Why shouldn't she talk about her ideas?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

12% tax on all... 100$ day labor no tax... and allow for charitable deductions.....

That would keep most of our charities in the usa in place.

I could live with that...it would be a huge tax reduction for me.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I didn't vote for her.

She's not a representative of my state.

The hoo ha as you say is bout respecting the individuals Right to life,liberty,PROPERTY.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

According to the op, 70 percent tax applies to earnings over 10 mill in this plan.
Doubt very much anyone getting their knickers in a twist in this thread need worry.

On the contrary.

Poor people don't usually write pay checks.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Amendment XIV Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. Section 2.

www.law.cornell.edu...

That can't be anymore clear.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Far as I can tell, she's an elected rep.
That brings with it the obligation to explore policy options.

Better that than say nothing. Your taxes pay her wages anyway, might as well be glad she is trying.

Honestly, the way you go on, it's like you pay no tax right now.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Obligation to institute legalized discrimination.

The way I go on is someone that's read the GD constitution.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

On the contrary.

Poor people don't usually write pay checks.

They usually pay taxes so that governments write the cheques, also buy things so that companies write cheques.

Generally, mega rich folks don't like paying for anything. Never see the queen buy a round, do you?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join