It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rated "R"- For Abortion Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A new movie is coming that is trying to show people the ugly side of abortion.
Here is the trailer.

It has just received an "R" for Abortion violence

fortune.com... lm-unplanned-r-rating/

According to the Reporter, the MPAA contends the R rating for Unplanned wasn’t political, and was instead assigned because of “some disturbing/bloody images.” Pure Flix, which doesn’t plan on appealing the decision, was clearly frustrated by the rating, as they were expecting a more on-brand PG-13. “A 15-year old girl can get an abortion without her parent’s permission but she can’t see this movie without adult supervision?,” company executive Ken Rather told the Reporter. “That’s sad.”

Does anybody else see the irony of this ?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Damned shame that they had to film the movie in secret or the corporate giant of planned parenthood would have sent their attack dogs (activist) to shut it down.

Government subsidized corporate profits that in turn subsidizes political campaigns..... well, you know.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

A 15-year old girl can get an abortion without her parent’s permission but she can’t see this movie without adult supervision?,

It is sad.

They can do it.

But can't watch it.

Irony isn't the word I'd use.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
But but rights and HIPPA violations. Profit and greed are ok too. Life is cool,as long as I can use it for political advantage, I mean what else would it be for? Showing two people make love is abhorrent, and must be rated XXX, but most violent movies are PG as long as ya don't swear while using that tommy gun. A bare female Nipple is the absolute worse thing you can see on TeeVee.

Welcome to the PC world of today...

don't forget kids, don't use that drinking straw, it saves the planet doncha know.....

lol:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think this movie is based on a true story which makes it even more chilling and thought provoking.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
yeah you can kill babies but we wont let minors watch the true cruel barbaric face of it

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I wonder how many in the MSM will describe this movie as brave and groundbreaking because it really is, but no way there will be any honesty from those in charge.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I think this movie is based on a true story which makes it even more chilling and thought provoking.

It is based on a true story from a woman who was pretty high up in Planned Parenthood.

She quit partially because they were pushing "quotas" for abortions in clinics.

The other reason was watching a procedure where the unborn child was fighting for it's life against the abortion instruments.

Oddly enough, the woman playing her had her own experience as well...

She told her mother the part she was playing and the plot... her mother got really upset.

Turns out her mother almost aborted her... she was actually on the table for the abortion when her nurse came in, visibly pregnant.

So she left and ended up having the child who would later play the lead in this movie.

She asked her Dad about it and he told her it was true... they were poor and couldn't afford a child so he pawned his shotgun for money for the abortion.

She later said that is was terrifying to think that at one point, her life was worth the price of a pawned shotgun.

I think the rating was purely politically motivated and if nothing else will generate more interest in the movie.

S&F for the post and I'm looking forward to watching it.

edit on 23-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Wow.. that’s an incredible story and a full circle moment for the actress playing the part.

Thanks for posting that info.. makes the movie that more intriguing !!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Abortion is not something new .....It has been practised since Biblical times

and with the churches approval right up to the 19th century.

Since ancient times abortions have been done using herbal medicines, sharp tools, with force, or through other traditional methods.[16] Induced abortion has long history and can be traced back to civilizations as varied as China under Shennong (c. 2700 BCE), Ancient Egypt with its Ebers Papyrus (c. 1550 BCE), and the Roman Empire in the time of Juvenal (c. 200 CE). There is evidence to suggest that pregnancies were terminated through a number of methods, including the administration of abortifacient herbs, the use of sharpened implements, the application of abdominal pressure, and other techniques. One of the earliest known artistic representations of abortion is in a bas relief at Angkor Wat (c. 1150). Found in a series of friezes that represent judgment after death in Hindu and Buddhist culture, it de
Some medical scholars and abortion opponents have suggested that the Hippocratic Oath forbade Ancient Greek physicians from performing abortions; other scholars disagree with this interpretation, and state that the medical texts of Hippocratic Corpus contain descriptions of abortive techniques right alongside the Oath.
Aristotle, in his treatise on government Politics (350 BCE), condemns infanticide as a means of population control. He preferred abortion in such cases, with the restriction [that it] must be practised on it before it has developed sensation and life; for the line between lawful and unlawful abortion will be marked by the fact of having sensation and being alive".
Through most of its history the Catholic Church was divided on whether it believed that abortion was murder, and it did not begin vigorously opposing abortion until the 19th century. In fact, several historians have written that prior to the 19th century most Catholic authors did not regard termination of pregnancy before "quickening" or "ensoulment" as an abortion.
in Europe and North America, abortion techniques advanced starting in the 17th century. However, conservatism by most physicians with regards to sexual matters prevented the wide expansion of safe abortion techniques. Other medical practitioners in addition to some physicians advertised their services, and they were not widely regulated until the 19th century, when the practice was banned in both the United States and the United Kingdom.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

My personal observations in RL and as seen on ATS is that the majority of those

most apposed to abortion are men!!? The ones who dont give birth...... They also

happen to be the gender who are most against having their fertility terminated.

They are all for and agreeable to women, wives, partners having hysterectomy's

a far more invasive procedure than them having a vasectomy themselves ???

Something to do with taking away their masculinity! or double standards?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Abortion is not something new .....It has been practised since Biblical times

and with the churches approval right up to the 19th century.

Since ancient times abortions have been done using herbal medicines, sharp tools, with force, or through other traditional methods.[16] Induced abortion has long history and can be traced back to civilizations as varied as China under Shennong (c. 2700 BCE), Ancient Egypt with its Ebers Papyrus (c. 1550 BCE), and the Roman Empire in the time of Juvenal (c. 200 CE). There is evidence to suggest that pregnancies were terminated through a number of methods, including the administration of abortifacient herbs, the use of sharpened implements, the application of abdominal pressure, and other techniques. One of the earliest known artistic representations of abortion is in a bas relief at Angkor Wat (c. 1150). Found in a series of friezes that represent judgment after death in Hindu and Buddhist culture, it de
Some medical scholars and abortion opponents have suggested that the Hippocratic Oath forbade Ancient Greek physicians from performing abortions; other scholars disagree with this interpretation, and state that the medical texts of Hippocratic Corpus contain descriptions of abortive techniques right alongside the Oath.
Aristotle, in his treatise on government Politics (350 BCE), condemns infanticide as a means of population control. He preferred abortion in such cases, with the restriction [that it] must be practised on it before it has developed sensation and life; for the line between lawful and unlawful abortion will be marked by the fact of having sensation and being alive".
Through most of its history the Catholic Church was divided on whether it believed that abortion was murder, and it did not begin vigorously opposing abortion until the 19th century. In fact, several historians have written that prior to the 19th century most Catholic authors did not regard termination of pregnancy before "quickening" or "ensoulment" as an abortion.
in Europe and North America, abortion techniques advanced starting in the 17th century. However, conservatism by most physicians with regards to sexual matters prevented the wide expansion of safe abortion techniques. Other medical practitioners in addition to some physicians advertised their services, and they were not widely regulated until the 19th century, when the practice was banned in both the United States and the United Kingdom.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

My personal observations in RL and as seen on ATS is that the majority of those

most apposed to abortion are men!!? The ones who dont give birth...... They also

happen to be the gender who are most against having their fertility terminated.

They are all for and agreeable to women, wives, partners having hysterectomy's

a far more invasive procedure than them having a vasectomy themselves ???

Something to do with taking away their masculinity! or double standards?

You're wasting your time here. I prefer this when these threads come up personally.

edit on 23/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
She quit partially because they were pushing "quotas" for abortions in clinics.

How can you "push for quotas" Women cant be made pregnant simply to

meet an abortion quota. I dont believe any woman has ever had one for

pleasure or as a means of passing the time. /smh.

The other reason was watching a procedure where the unborn child was fighting for it's life against the abortion instruments.

Abortion rates also vary depending on the stage of pregnancy and the method practiced. In 2003, the reported that 26% of reported legal induced abortions in the United States were known to have been obtained at less than 6 weeks' gestation, 18% at 7 weeks, 15% at 8 weeks, 18% at 9 through 10 weeks, 10% at 11 through 12 weeks, 6% at 13 through 15 weeks, 4% at 16 through 20 weeks and 1% at more than 21 weeks.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

That equates to 87% aborted before 12 weeks and 10% at 20 weeks

total of 97% of all abortions

Some stretch of imagination and exaggeration in *fighting for its life* hardly

2 inches long, half an ounce in weight undeveloped lungs and organs.

Still I suppose it makes a better story more traction for the anti abortionists

the way you tell it.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If an enthusiastic pro-choice person has such a worldview reversal an epic epiphany, from witnessing this in person,(abortion seen on ultrasound) maybe it should be required of all the political lawmakers and judges to be in such a room when this takes place for educational purposes, then their decisions will be truly informed.

My thoughts are this, seeing this live, tests the empathy of a person, right to the core of their very soul.

edit on 23-2-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I was quoting the woman that the movie is about.

Perhaps you can drop the snarky attitude and tell us your personal story about Planned Parenthood from when you were an executive there?

Oh wait... you're just talking out of your butt, right?

So nobody I actually need to listen to, as someone who has had two abortions herself and is pretty familiar with the landscape.

Just another poster from the Cult of Infanticide.

Thanks for critiquing a movie you haven't watched and informing all of us women out there what we need to think!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

100% guaranteed that it's as bad as "God's Not Dead".

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The interview of the actress who plays Abby Johnson

edit on 23-2-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

once the heart beats its alive, once its alive it has a soul, once it has a soul it has a right to live, taking out that life is called murder, period.
edit on 23 2 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
once the heart beats its alive, once its alive it has a soul, once it has a soul it has a right to live, taking out that life is called murder, period.

It may have a heart beat but it needs to be able to breathe air to

live and the lungs of a fetus dont develop till long after the heart.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I was quoting the woman that the movie is about.

Oh a movie ..... isnt that for entertainment? Better pad it out with emotion

otherwise its simply a documentary......

Perhaps you can drop the snarky attitude and tell us your personal story about Planned Parenthood from when you were an executive there?

I cant because I'm from the UK, but we do have similar conditions such as

'well woman clinics' not to different I believe.

Oh wait... you're just talking out of your butt, right?

Am I? and you can tell all that from behind your screen?

So nobody I actually need to listen to, as someone who has had two abortions herself and is pretty familiar with the landscape.

Ah! but have you ever had an illegal 'back street' one or two? and ended

up in hospital through loss of blood or something similar?

Just another poster from the Cult of Infanticide.

Abortion is not the murder of an infant, but the termination of a pregnancy, mostly during the embryonic phase of development. It is never an easy decision to live with.

www.psychologytoday.com...

Thanks for critiquing a movie you haven't watched and informing all of us women out there what we need to think!

Hmmn..... a movie??? Thats for entertainment and the making of money

for someone?? amirite?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
From: Fetal homicide laws and the logical inconsistency of abortion.

Why is the "consent of the pregnant woman" the parameter by which personhood is defined? Why is the killing of an unborn child considered "murder" when the woman wants her child, but just a "procedure" when she "chooses" to abort? "Wantedness" or "unwantedness" is not an adequate criteria for defining personhood. If the child in utero is defined as "a member of the species homo sapiens at any stage of development" while carried in the womb, should not her life be protected at all times? And when does anyone's choice determine the humanness and value of another person? These questions remain unanswered by abortion advocates. Their silence is tragic and telling.

new topics

top topics

join